Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Nobody told me is just another lie (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96410)

Pete F. 09-23-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1201336)
If a woman moved from the U.S. to Germany, and Merkel asked her how she did where she came from, would that be racism?

Your false equivalencies are amazingly bad.

I'll let Omar's retort speak for itself: "I fled civil war when I was 8. An 8-year-old doesn’t run a country even though you run our country like one.”

Jim in CT 09-23-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201309)
Not racist at all either
President Trump: "How about Omar of Minnesota? We're going to win the state Minnesota because of her, they say. She's telling us how to run our country. How did you do where you came from?"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

why is that racist? totally fair to point out that she chose to flee somalia, and that she’s doing great here. totally fair to use that as evidence of our promise.

Jim in CT 09-23-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201345)

I'll let Omar's retort speak for itself: "I fled civil war when I was 8. An 8-year-old doesn’t run a country even though you run our country like one.”

you are missing trumps point. his point is, she wouldn’t be doing as well as she’s doing here, had she stayed.

detbuch 09-23-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201345)

So, where's the racism?

Pete F. 09-23-2020 10:23 AM

Is she an American citizen and a member of the House?
Do you suppose he's using her as a target because??????

Has Trump told Arnold Schwarzenegger to go back to his country yet or asked how he ran Austria?

It is as much her country as the immigration fraud first lady who claims to speak 5 languages but barely is comprehensible in the one she has spoken for 25 years, and came here with a Einstein visa. Though I have heard she can say "pay me first" in five languages.

detbuch 09-23-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201350)
Is she an American citizen and a member of the House?
Do you suppose he's using her as a target because??????

Has Trump told Arnold Schwarzenegger to go back to his country yet or asked how he ran Austria?

It is as much her country as the immigration fraud first lady who claims to speak 5 languages but barely is comprehensible in the one she has spoken for 25 years, and came here with a Einstein visa. Though I have heard she can say "pay me first" in five languages.

I asked where's the racism, and you come up with this gibberish?

The Dad Fisherman 09-23-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1201346)
why is that racist?

Because you're not allowed to say anything mean to a black person, ever!! Didn't you get the memo?

Pete F. 09-23-2020 10:53 AM

Tweety never says it exactly out loud, does he, just blows the dogwhistle.

You just keep believing in the man that claims "No one loves Black people more than me" or Jews, Hispanics, veterans, religion and women and then put some thought into what kind of person needs to say that.

Over 3½ years in office, he has presided over a sweeping U.S. government retreat from the front lines of civil rights, endangering decades of progress against voter suppression, housing discrimination and police misconduct.

His immigration policies hark back to quota systems of the 1920s that were influenced by the junk science of eugenics, and have involved enforcement practices — including the separation of small children from their families — that seemed designed to maximize trauma on Hispanic migrants.

With the election looming, the signaling behind even second-tier policy initiatives has been unambiguous.

After rolling back regulations designed to encourage affordable housing for minorities, Trump declared himself the champion of the “Suburban Lifestyle Dream.” He ordered aides to revamp racial sensitivity training at federal agencies so that it no longer refers to “White privilege.” In a speech at the National Archives on Thursday, Trump vowed to overhaul what children are taught in the nation’s schools — something only states have the power to do — while falsely claiming that students are being “fed lies about America being a wicked nation plagued by racism.”

The America envisioned by these policies and pronouncements is one dedicated to preserving a racial hierarchy that can be seen in Trump’s own Cabinet and White House, both overwhelmingly white and among the least diverse in recent U.S. history.​

spence 09-23-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1201352)
Because you're not allowed to say anything mean to a black person, ever!! Didn't you get the memo?

I think the rule is more like you're not supposed to say racist things about a black person. Didn't you get the memo?

wdmso 09-23-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1201346)
why is that racist? totally fair to point out that she chose to flee somalia, and that she’s doing great here. totally fair to use that as evidence of our promise.

An 8 year old chose to flee Somalia.? Do you actually believe what you write

Did the 8 year old chose to be molested by the. Catholic priest

Trumps never used her success as evidence of our promise .. more like a problem who are these non white Americans and how dare they to speak to us about America 🇺🇸

The Dad Fisherman 09-23-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1201354)
I think the rule is more like you're not supposed to say racist things about a black person. Didn't you get the memo?

I got it, I just don't see it there.

I know you see it.....everywhere :rolleyes:

Pete F. 09-23-2020 11:46 AM

It’s really kind of pathetic when you take a step back and think about it. Four years in office and nothing to show for it, so you gotta dog whistle your way back to the White House.

Jim in CT 09-23-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1201355)
An 8 year old chose to flee Somalia.? Do you actually believe what you write

Did the 8 year old chose to be molested by the. Catholic priest

Trumps never used her success as evidence of our promise .. more like a problem who are these non white Americans and how dare they to speak to us about America ����

OK, her family chose to flee. And Trumps point was, her family did a whole lot better here. You disagree with that? You have an issue with pointing that out?

"Trumps never used her success as evidence of our promise "

He did it yesterday. I don't know if he ever has before.

"more like a problem who are these non white Americans and how dare they to speak to us about America ����"

Youre hearing things he didn't say. Omar despises the traditional view of this country, obviously, so it's fair to ask her why she hates the country that essentially saved her.

Jim in CT 09-23-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201360)
It’s really kind of pathetic when you take a step back and think about it. Four years in office and nothing to show for it, so you gotta dog whistle your way back to the White House.

The stock market at an all time high, ISIS on their knees, is "nothing"? Criminal justice reform is nothing? Creating economic opportunity zones in poor urban areas is nothing? And until we chose to shut the economy down (not his fault), he had the economy roaring. Tax cuts to 60% of us is nothing?

Oh, and pretty soon he can add "finished off the Warren Supreme Court judicial activism" to his list. I appreciate that you don't celebrate that quite the way that I do. But it's something.

spence 09-23-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1201363)
OK, her family chose to flee. And Trumps point was, her family did a whole lot better here. You disagree with that? You have an issue with pointing that out?

He said "now she's telling us what to do" like she has no rights because she's not a US citizen. It's the exact same birther BS he played with Obama...because they're black Jim.

Jim in CT 09-23-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1201365)
He called "now she's telling us what to do" like she's not a US citizen. It's the exact same birther BS he played with Obama...because they're black Jim.

He has no right to say that she has no right to tell us what to do. Of course she does. That was stupid.

I don't have a problem with saying "she despises the country that saved her". Her ethics are also pretty sketchy. She likes her men apparently, and she likes funneling campaign donations to her pals for sure. And if she married her brother, she fits right in with the Bidens.

Pete F. 09-23-2020 12:41 PM

Poor guy, I was pretty young when a girl said to me “You know we like sex also”

Jim in CT 09-23-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201367)
Poor guy, I was pretty young when a girl said to me “You know we like sex also”

Pete, I'm pretty normal there, too. But with my wife, and only with my wife. Omar apparently likes to spread it around.

I know, I know, we Catholics (not ones who merely identify as catholic, but who actually believe) are so corny, so living in the past. Imagine not cheating on your spouse, seems so anachronistic. I'm so tightly wrapped.

detbuch 09-23-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1201365)
He said "now she's telling us what to do" like she has no rights because she's not a US citizen.

That's the problem with trying to frame something as being racist when there is no actual provable racism present--you have to say it's "like" racism. So that supposedly gives you the license to irrationally say "now she's telling us what to do" is racist.

It's the exact same birther BS he played with Obama...because they're black Jim.

That's another form of "like" racism. The birthers' contention was that Obama was not born in the U.S.A. That would have been the same contention if he was born in some lily white European country such as Sweden. But because Kenya is mostly black, there is an opportunity to invoke the "like" factor. When whites say anything negative about black people or black countries, it's "like" racism.

RIROCKHOUND 09-23-2020 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1201373)
That's another form of "like" racism. The birthers' contention was that Obama was not born in the U.S.A. That would have been the same contention if he was born in some lily white European country such as Sweden.

cough... cough.. bull$hit... cough.. cough

detbuch 09-23-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1201374)
cough... cough.. bull$hit... cough.. cough

If that's all you got, BS back atcha.

detbuch 09-23-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1201354)

Is saying that a black person was born in Kenya a racist thing?

The Dad Fisherman 09-23-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1201377)

Especially when their dad is from Kenya...:huh:

spence 09-23-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1201377)

When there’s no evidence of it and you’re just doing it to make people uneasy? Hell yes.

detbuch 09-23-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1201390)
When there’s no evidence of it and you’re just doing it to make people uneasy? Hell yes.

Making people uneasy is racist? . . . Oh, that's right, the new definition, everything is racist if you want it to be.

spence 09-23-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1201391)
Making people uneasy is racist? . . . Oh, that's right, the new definition, everything is racist if you want it to be.

If you’re using racism to do it...hell yes.

detbuch 09-23-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1201393)
If you’re using racism to do it...hell yes.

And yet, you are unable to point out the racism.

Pete F. 09-23-2020 06:29 PM

Every American who supports Trump should never be allowed to forget what just happened on that stage. After all the offenses against the nation and the Constitution, he refuses to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. If you support this man, you cannot call yourself a patriot.

detbuch 09-23-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1201397)
Every American who supports Trump should never be allowed to forget what just happened on that stage. After all the offenses against the nation and the Constitution, he refuses to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. If you support this man, you cannot call yourself a patriot.

More blah, blah

Pete F. 09-23-2020 07:36 PM

Sure Jan