Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Disaster (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97574)

detbuch 08-30-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1213338)
Don’t you have a YouTube video for this?

Congress authorized US forces to go after 9/11 culprits in September 2001, Osama bin Laden the leader of the Saudis who attacked the USA was killed years ago. When did Congress vote to declare war on Afghanistan?

We have more to fear from the next Terry McVeigh or Floyd Ray Rosebury in this country than we do from ISIS or the Taliban.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

No doubt you have some long articles that are too much for trolls to read.

wdmso 08-30-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213325)
this is profound....

it's funny how the "question everything", everything is not "black and white" only shades of grey, there are "no absolutes", "resist resist", protest everything, occupy everything, mostly peacefully of course, don't tell ME what to do crowd... is now telling everyone to STFU and do what they are told....pretty amusing

No I am telling those Conservatives and the MAGA universe and republicans who love pounding the war Drum but they clearly change their tune when troops die .. for political hay. To Stfu and you can’t have it both ways

Pete F. 08-30-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1213339)
No doubt you have some long articles that are too much for trolls to read.

I’ll gladly oblige you, though the last government report doesn’t include the January 6th domestic terrorists.
Next year’s will.
Here’s the legal definition of domestic terrorism.

DT for the FBI’s purposes is referenced in US Code at 18 U.S.C. § 2331(5), and is defined as activities:
• Involving acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
• Appearing to be intended to:
o Intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
o Influence the policy of government by intimidation or coercion; or
o Affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or
kidnapping; and
• Occurring primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...errorism_0.pdf

detbuch 08-30-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1213341)
I’ll gladly oblige you,

I'm sure you're thrilled to get a chance to show off some newfound list of goodies . . . regardless of any connection to a thread. What on earth does the above post have to do with the disaster in Afghanistan? Jeez . . . you've got it bad.

Got Stripers 08-30-2021 05:50 PM

The disaster is over, finally a president had the balls to end this war that should have ended a long time ago. My thoughts go our to our military families who have lost love ones in this war, let’s hope we finally learn something from this one; although history would suggest we aren’t capable of learning from our mistakes.

Pete F. 08-30-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1213342)
I'm sure you're thrilled to get a chance to show off some newfound list of goodies . . . regardless of any connection to a thread. What on earth does the above post have to do with the disaster in Afghanistan? Jeez . . . you've got it bad.

We have more to fear from the next Terry McVeigh or Floyd Ray Rosebury in this country than we do from ISIS or the Taliban.

detbuch 08-30-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1213345)

So then we can rest easy until the next Terry and Floyd show up.

Pete F. 08-30-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1213347)
So then we can rest easy until the next Terry and Floyd show up.

Ashli Babbitt was a domestic terrorist in a group of domestic terrorists attempting to storm the center of our legislative branch. The USCP are armed and tasked with protecting Congress. Actions have consequences.

I am glad that President Biden finally ended the 20-year, $2.3 trillion war in Afghanistan.

scottw 08-31-2021 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1213350)

Ashli Babbitt was a domestic terrorist .

The USCP are armed and tasked with protecting Congress. Actions have consequences.

if she hadn't been shot....she would have been charged with trespassing

I think she was foolish for being there and I agree, do stupid stuff and bad things can happen and I apply that to everyone...not just those I disagree with politically

by your definition we should be rounding up a lot of domestic terrorists from last summer's festivities....

interesting that despite all of the violent and heavily armed insurrectionists storming the building and grounds that day...only one officer decided to fire a single bullet.....it was probably justified...I heard he saved countless lives according to him...not just where he was standing but throughout Washington including miles away where AOC was shaking in her knee-high boots fearing for her life

whenever a police officer shoots an armed or unarmed criminal or domestic terrorist we should probably remind everyone that the officer probably saved countless lives(including their own) and that "actions have consequences"

scottw 08-31-2021 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213340)
No I am telling those Conservatives and the MAGA universe and republicans who love pounding the war Drum but they clearly change their tune when troops die .. for political hay. To Stfu and you can’t have it both ways

who loves pounding the war drum? I think you are confused..."MAGA universe" was all about getting us OUT of foreign conflicts...lot's of leftists criticizing this too as I've demonstrated but you just need someone to yell at:confused: Trump isn't president anymore..the guy with balls and no marbles is at the helm now

The Dad Fisherman 08-31-2021 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1213343)
The disaster is over,

At least you admit it was a disaster, that's a start.

scottw 08-31-2021 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1213353)

haha...no...the time leading up to biden's presidency was a disaster...biden's balls fixed everything:uhuh:...no worries going forward

Raider Ronnie 08-31-2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1213343)
The disaster is over, finally a president had the balls to end this war that should have ended a long time ago. My thoughts go our to our military families who have lost love ones in this war, let’s hope we finally learn something from this one; although history would suggest we aren’t capable of learning from our mistakes.

Holy #^&#^&#^&#^&
“Finally a President with balls”
Biden doesn’t know what day it is or where he is most of the time.
The guy is mentally ill and nothing more than a puppet for Obama

Got Stripers 08-31-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1213357)
Holy #^&#^&#^&#^&
“Finally a President with balls”
Biden doesn’t know what day it is or where he is most of the time.
The guy is mentally ill and nothing more than a puppet for Obama

As opposed to Trump who boasted how smart he was yet special needs children have a better grasp of the English language, geography and science. Time will tell, but he also might be not only the first “smart” president to be impeached twice and also convicted of crimes ruling out ever running again. Maybe Stone, Manifort, Rudy and Don the Con can start a club and lament over drinks how the evil left, of course corrupt prosecutors, oh wait and the Left owned media (insert Fox snicker here) conspired to take them down.

Raider Ronnie 08-31-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1213359)
As opposed to Trump who boasted how smart he was yet special needs children have a better grasp of the English language, geography and science. Time will tell, but he also might be not only the first “smart” president to be impeached twice and also convicted of crimes ruling out ever running again. Maybe Stone, Manifort, Rudy and Don the Con can start a club and lament over drinks how the evil left, of course corrupt prosecutors, oh wait and the Left owned media (insert Fox snicker here) conspired to take them down.

Dude
You need help

wdmso 08-31-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213352)
who loves pounding the war drum? I think you are confused..."MAGA universe" was all about getting us OUT of foreign conflicts...lot's of leftists criticizing this too as I've demonstrated but you just need someone to yell at:confused: Trump isn't president anymore..the guy with balls and no marbles is at the helm now

Seem you don’t follow the MAGA universe

Trump: 'Bomb the hell out of' U.S. equipment left behind in Afghanistan
Look who beating his chest

What are all the Trump supporters going to say when they find out the bomber who killed our troops was 1 of the 5000 prisoners he Released?

Pete F. 08-31-2021 12:08 PM

Imagine if there were a major terrorist attack emanating from Saudi Arabia. It could be huge, and probably there would be no consequences to Saudi Arabia or the GOP.

9/11 was planned in Hamburg, Germany, Jakarta, Indonesia, and Las Vegas, Nevada. Funded with Saudi money. Flight training took place in USA. Not a single highjacker was an Afghan citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuNkH6E_0RQ

Jim in CT 08-31-2021 12:13 PM

so it’s “balls-y” to pull out while 100+ Americans are still there, a few days after explicitly promising not to leave until they were all out. That takes balls?

And Trump is a war hawk because he doesn’t want to leave weapons in the hands of the Taliban.

That’s some infallible logic.

This week, he also clearly called a black congressman “boy”, and said out loud that he needs instructions on which Pre-selected, softball-lobbing reporter he’s supposed to call on first.

On the other hand, we did get tens of thousands of people out quickly and that’s a real, true feat. But Biden completely failed to keep his promise, and huge mistakes were made, i cannnot begin to imagine the reasoning for abandoning an easily defended military airfield in exchange for an impossible-to-defend civilian one.

scottw 08-31-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1213365)

Seem you don’t follow the MAGA universe

not nearly as closely as you...keep up the good work:btu:

scottw 08-31-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1213363)
Dude
You need help

I've been telling him and pete to get a session or two with a shrink....

Jim in CT 08-31-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213372)
not nearly as closely as you...keep up the good work:btu:

come on, you’re saying trump didn’t promise to get us into a bunch of wars? that’s what he obviously heard on CNN, so it has to be true.

Got Stripers 08-31-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1213353)

It was a rolling disaster right after we failed to leave after the initial mission was completed and if you think any administration would avoid a similar disaster knowing the situation as we do now your kidding yourself. Shades of a disaster is all that would vary.

Raider Ronnie 08-31-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213373)
I've been telling him and pete to get a session or two with a shrink....

Yup
2 nut jobs that hate a guy so much that they sill support a senile old guy who doesn’t know what day it is and spends all his time in his basement.
I’ll stick with the guy who donated all his paychecks to charities instead of a guy who wants to donate our paychecks to his charity

Pete F. 08-31-2021 01:53 PM

Wonder who set this up....

Remember that three weeks ago the RNC still had on their page claims that Trump had eliminated ISIS and Biden was for endless wars.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210615...ddle-east-rsr/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URf8gAdrDTk&t=35s

PaulS 08-31-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1213381)
Yup
2 nut jobs that hate a guy so much that they sill support a senile old guy who doesn’t know what day it is and spends all his time in his basement. Do you know he has a speech impediment?
I’ll stick with the guy who donated all his paychecks to charities while he was making more money charging the US Govern. for use of his properites.instead of a guy who wants to donate our paychecks to his charity

You do know he got in trouble for ripping his charities off and was fined millions

One 2nd thought I doubt you knew that.

PaulS 08-31-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1213351)
if she hadn't been shot....she would have been charged with trespassing

Not if they had video of her trying to get through the broken glass on the door.

Got Stripers 08-31-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1213384)
You do know he got in trouble for ripping his charities off and was fined millions

One 2nd thought I doubt you knew that.

No he doesn’t, gets his talking points from Fox News, probably still believes the big lie. The irony which allludes him is that his stable genus cost the republicans more than just the White House. Nor does he understand I personally have voted more republican tickets over my life, but this party right now is out there and living in some alternative reality.

Jim in CT 08-31-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1213387)
No he doesn’t, gets his talking points from Fox News, probably still believes the big lie. The irony which allludes him is that his stable genus cost the republicans more than just the White House. Nor does he understand I personally have voted more republican tickets over my life, but this party right now is out there and living in some alternative reality.

besides the white house, what did trump cost us? is the gop just a fringe party now?

the democrats have a thin majority in the house, the senate is tied, the gop has 27 governorships and the gop controls 61 of 98 state legislative chambers.

So what did trump cost the gop?

Who is living in an alternate reality, exactly? Might be the guy who thinks Biden is balls-y.

Pete F. 08-31-2021 03:14 PM

NYT finally interviewed swing districts voters about Afghanistan and found almost universal agreement: "After a two-decade war, President Biden was right to pull American troops out of Afghanistan."

And today's speech is pretty much what I expected from Biden. Not charismatic, like Obama. Not chest-thumping, like Trump.

Just simple. He said this was what he was going to do and he did it. He'll accept the fallout. The great majority of Americans will pay just as much attention to the end of the war as they did to the last twenty years, in other words, not very much.

Got Stripers 08-31-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1213388)
besides the white house, what did trump cost us? is the gop just a fringe party now?

the democrats have a thin majority in the house, the senate is tied, the gop has 27 governorships and the gop controls 61 of 98 state legislative chambers.

So what did trump cost the gop?

Who is living in an alternate reality, exactly? Might be the guy who thinks Biden is balls-y.

Wait for the mid terms and we can revisit