Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Россия (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93385)

Slipknot 03-21-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1139883)
didn't Obama congratulate Putin?...never mind...I'm sure that was completely different

Don't forget when Obama congratulated the Islamic brotherhood candidate when winning Egypts' Presidential election in 2012, in 2013 the winner in Iran and 2014 in Turkey.

Same difference

Maybe people did not like that and kept quiet, then spoke with their votes. But I am sure there was a lot more to it as well all know better. :deadhorse:

Pete F. 03-21-2018 01:35 PM

I would think that Russia has been more of a “Bad actor” since 2012
Ukraine
Syria
Britain
I’m sure Tom Cotton has a list
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 03-21-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1139898)
I would think that Russia has been more of a “Bad actor” since 2012
Ukraine
Syria
Britain
I’m sure Tom Cotton has a list

Disagree - other than a few years from 1992-2006 they have been pretty much the same for a few hundred years.

Pete F. 03-21-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1139900)
Disagree - other than a few years from 1992-2006 they have been pretty much the same for a few hundred years.

i would disagree with that.
Russia under Gorbachev was on a path to reform, growth and freedom. He realized that you cannot just change a government from state run to capitalism and democracy easily. He lost out to the nationalists just like is happening here.

JohnR 03-21-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1139905)
i would disagree with that.
Russia under Gorbachev was on a path to reform, growth and freedom. He realized that you cannot just change a government from state run to capitalism and democracy easily. He lost out to the nationalists just like is happening here.

Haha - I can at least agree with the Gorby part - so 1985-2006 ; )

wdmso 03-21-2018 03:59 PM

@realDonaldTrump
I called President Putin of Russia to congratulate him on his election victory (in past, Obama called him also). The Fake News Media is crazed because they wanted me to excoriate him. They are wrong! Getting along with Russia (and others) is a good thing, not a bad thing..

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
.....They can help solve problems with North Korea, Syria, Ukraine, ISIS, Iran and even the coming Arms Race. Bush tried to get along, but didn’t have the “smarts.” Obama and Clinton tried, but didn’t have the energy or chemistry (remember RESET). PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH!

I guess he still hasn't accepted they attacked us had agents on the Ground used nerve agent on our longest allied ... and his and his supporters defense is Obama did it LOL

if Obama would have called Putin under the exact circumstances your heads would have exploded ..

even fox wasn't supporting him http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...an-leader.html

on breitbart same topic their lead

deep-state-officials-leak-dissent-president-donald-trump-congratulates-putin/

detbuch 03-21-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1139812)
His comment was about Nix so why are you conflating Obama and Trump. That's quite slimy and pretty dishonest.

Different.

PaulS 03-21-2018 05:44 PM

I blame this whole uproar about Trump having notes saying don't congratulate Putin on the stupid aide who wrote the note. That aide should be fired. They should have just wrote it on his hand in marker like Palin did.

zimmy 03-21-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1139888)
Don't forget when Obama congratulated the Islamic brotherhood candidate when winning Egypts' Presidential election in 2012, in 2013 the winner in Iran and 2014 in Turkey.

Same difference

Maybe people did not like that and kept quiet, then spoke with their votes. But I am sure there was a lot more to it as well all know better. :deadhorse:

Morsi won the first democratic election ever in Egypt. He promoted democracy. Obama congratulated him on what was widely consider a fair and legitimate democratic election.The party does have Muslim in the name which scares people, but they are more of a problem to Sunnis than they are for the US. I know he got tossed, but before that Tillerson made it clear that the brotherhood did not deserve to be lumped in with terrorist organizations.

Rouhani is a reformist. The Ayatollah s probably like him less than the us.

JohnR 03-22-2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1139935)
Morsi won the first democratic election ever in Egypt. He promoted democracy. Obama congratulated him on what was widely consider a fair and legitimate democratic election.The party does have Muslim in the name which scares people, but they are more of a problem to Sunnis than they are for the US. I know he got tossed, but before that Tillerson made it clear that the brotherhood did not deserve to be lumped in with terrorist organizations.

Rouhani is a reformist. The Ayatollah s probably like him less than the us.

Muslim Brotherhood is not more of a problem for Sunnis - well other than they tend to be Sunni and make Sunnis do dumb things. They are pretty much a threat to most people as well as a brake on progress in the region.

Sure they are not all bad guys like they are good people and bad people in Hamas, not everyone in Sinn Fein was an IRA terrorist Bomber, and Hamas has a few Girl Scouts too.

Where do you get your info??

Iran, Ayotollah, like US, really?

scottw 03-22-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1139940)

"Left wing extremism has been pretty unusual post Vietnam era."ZIMMY:spin:

The Dad Fisherman 03-22-2018 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:hihi:

Pete F. 03-22-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1139943)

Still has a ways to go to catch up with the right
https://www.npr.org/2017/06/16/53325...iolence-rising

JohnR 03-22-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1139947)
Still has a ways to go to catch up with the right
https://www.npr.org/2017/06/16/53325...iolence-rising

Again, neither is acceptable. Full Stop.

scottw 03-22-2018 08:03 AM

I looked at the data that the article is using and zim cites and apparently left wing extremism and violence doesn't even exist.....sooo...yeah...that works...

Pete F. 03-22-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1139951)
I looked at the data that the article is using and zim cites and apparently left wing extremism and violence doesn't even exist.....sooo...yeah...that works...

Then you didn't read it, or are making the assumption that moderate extremists are responsible for 26%
"In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

scottw 03-22-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1139952)
Then you didn't read it, or are making the assumption that moderate extremists are responsible for 26%
"In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

"moderate extremists"

that's a good one :kewl:

zimmy 03-22-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1139940)
Muslim Brotherhood is not more of a problem for Sunnis - well other than they tend to be Sunni and make Sunnis do dumb things. They are pretty much a threat to most people as well as a brake on progress in the region.

Sure they are not all bad guys like they are good people and bad people in Hamas, not everyone in Sinn Fein was an IRA terrorist Bomber, and Hamas has a few Girl Scouts too.

Iran, Ayotollah, like US, really?

Typing on a phone at 11 pm didn't help. MB mostly a problem for the Shiites. At the time of morsi's election, it was a move toward Western democracy, ya know, the thing bush said would sweep the middle East.
Rohani is a reformist. Ayatollahs tend to be way more conservative and fundamentalist. The US would prefer Iran move the direction rohani would take Iran than the ayatollahs.

zimmy 03-22-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1139943)

You must be 5'6" tall max, right? It comes across in your posts.

scottw 03-22-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1139955)
You must be 5'6" tall max, right? It comes across in your posts.

5'11" 180lb.... what's your point? :huh: is this more Libonics?

The Dad Fisherman 03-22-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1139954)
Ayatollahs tend to be way more conservative and fundamentalist.

Ya Think :rolleyes:

scottw 03-22-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1139963)

you must be 5'2" tall max...

zimmy 03-22-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1139959)
5'11" 180lb.... what's your point? :huh: is this more Libonics?

You just act like someone with a complex. :humpty:

zimmy 03-22-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1139963)

More conservative and fundamentalist than Rohani, who is the president :whackin:

scottw 03-22-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1139966)
You just act like someone with a complex. :humpty:

it's possible :laugha:

The Dad Fisherman 03-22-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1139965)
you must be 5'2" tall max...

5'11" 225

But I'm Irish, so I guess I need to buy an expensive car or a big truck.

detbuch 03-22-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1139814)
Nix claims that for Trump
I didn’t realize he was involved in the Obama campaign, is that what you are insinuating?

I was using a bit of dark sarc in response to your insinuating that we should worry about Trump being a puppet: "The reporter asks if that means the candidate [Trump] is just a puppet, and Nix replies simply: 'Always.'" And you say: "I wouldn’t let this worry me"

My comparison of Obama with Trump being puppets, was, for me, ironic. It has nothing to do with Nix or the data mining from Face Book. Nor did I understand your "worry" to be limited to the Nix business, but about Trump's whole Presidency.

The whole Face Book scandal is being manufactured to somehow hurt Trump. We're supposed to believe that because Obama was allowed and aided by Face Book "rules," and Specifically so by Zuckerberg who opened the door and spread the welcome carpet, to mine, that was all OK. But because some supposed new rules just before Trump's team did it, and may have been instituted to tighten up access to Face Book data, that it was more immoral for Trump's team to do it. And we're also supposed to believe, by some innuendo (again) that there is Russian "collusion" also in the mix with Trump.

My sardonic comparison was inspired not because of the Facebook stuff, but because I always considered Obama to be a puppet.

Always so from the moment he became the Democrat candidate until he finished his term. I think he is a puppet of the Progressive party and its complicit media. He was an extremely useful tool as a racial groundbreaker in the history of the presidency. He is supposedly a good orator. And, as Biden said, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man." Other than that, what did he have? What exceptional experience, what accomplishments? Not to mention his known, but not highlighted by the complicit media, deep ties to leftist Marxist friends and family.

And if both Obama and Trump are puppets, I consider Obama more so.

But if Trump is a puppet, who's pulling the strings?

scottw 03-22-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1139970)
5'11" 225

now THAT sounds like a complex...:tooth:

zimmy 03-22-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1139970)
5'11" 225

You could just hang a pair of those rubber neuticles from your Malibu. :shocked:

Pete F. 03-22-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1139972)

But if Trump is a puppet, who's pulling the strings?

If you go by his tweets, FOX
By his behavior, perhaps he's channeling Suleiman 1 the Magnificent
By his politics, I would definitely say it is "paradoxical thinking"