Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Roy Moore / Al Franken (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93027)

spence 12-09-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1133155)
Not to discount victim claims. But if that's all it takes, then what's to stop both parties from paying people to make these claims against talented politicians in the other party?

I think the Washington Post had nearly 30 people corroborate the accusers stories which were on record. That's a different level.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 12-09-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1133188)
I think the Washington Post had nearly 30 people corroborate the accusers stories which were on record. That's a different level.

that's like Clinton level!

Nebe 12-09-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1133189)
that's like Clinton level!

You are like the girlfriend who always has to talk about her ex boyfriend when she needs to balding her lame actions. ;)

scottw 12-09-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1133192)

when she needs to balding her lame actions. ;)

that's like WDMSO level!

Jim in CT 12-09-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1133192)
You are like the girlfriend who always has to talk about her ex boyfriend when she needs to balding her lame actions. ;)

Nebe, until trump won the election, democrats were quite happy to look the other way on perversion and objectification of women. But my side has declared war on women...

PaulS 12-09-2017 05:40 PM

Seems like the Republicans had no problem electing a vile, foul-mouthed person who bragged about assaulting women to the most important position in the world . Now they're going to elect a perverted pedophile to the Senate. But somehow it's about the Democrats LOL

Sea Dangles 12-09-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1133225)
Seems like the Republicans had no problem electing a vile, foul-mouthed person who bragged about assaulting women to the most important position in the world . Now they're going to elect a perverted pedophile to the Senate. But somehow it's about the Democrats LOL

How many times did the dems reelect a killer to the senate?

PaulS 12-09-2017 06:19 PM

It's you damn Mass people

Jim in CT 12-09-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Moore and trump are cases of he said, she said. Bill Clinton and ted Kennedy? Little bit more evidence.

But that’s why I don’t like Moore or trump. There is some hypocrisy on my side and I don’t like it. There is mountains of hypocrisy on your side, on this issue at least.

I Don’t think either one is a pedophile either.

wdmso 12-10-2017 10:03 AM

There is some hypocrisy on my side and I don’t like it. There is mountains of hypocrisy on your side, on this issue at least.

you truly are the boy in the bubble .. And your use of Whataboutism in all your counter arguments is with out equal

Jim in CT 12-10-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1133266)
There is some hypocrisy on my side and I don’t like it. There is mountains of hypocrisy on your side, on this issue at least.

you truly are the boy in the bubble .. And your use of Whataboutism in all your counter arguments is with out equal

Well, judging by looking at where democrats curently wield any meaningful influence in this country there’s a lot of people in my bubble.

wdmso 12-11-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1133313)
Well, judging by looking at where democrats curently wield any meaningful influence in this country there’s a lot of people in my bubble.

Republicans have been out of the loop for the past 8 years you finally get 1 elected a real peach . and you beat your chest like Tarzan. at year 1 and they still haven't done anything for America

please dont cite unemployment numbers because now you believe them they were going that way already

please dont say the stockmarket because it didn't count for the last POTUS and only helping the rich

Those richest Americans own far greater amounts of stock. As of 2013, the top 10 percent of Americans owned an average of $969,000 in stocks. The next 40 percent owned $132,000 on average. For the bottom half of families, it was just under $54,000.

52 percent of U.S. adults owned stock in 2016. Since Gallup started measuring this in 1998, that's only the second time ownership has been this low. These figures include ownership of an individual stock, a stock mutual fund or a self-directed 401(k) or IRA.

detbuch 12-11-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1133334)
Republicans have been out of the loop for the past 8 years you finally get 1 elected a real peach . and you beat your chest like Tarzan. at year 1 and they still haven't done anything for America

This is like your version of a "comment" in the comment section of a Breitbart article.

wdmso 12-11-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1133338)
This is like your version of a "comment" in the comment section of a Breitbart article.

its funny to use what i said as An example of a vitriolic comment

was it the Tarzan reference or calling Trump a peach

detbuch 12-11-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1133348)
its funny to use what i said as An example of a vitriolic comment

was it the Tarzan reference or calling Trump a peach

Yeah, you're using negative hyperbole not based on facts.

Got Stripers 12-11-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

I think Trump will probably look to his favorite TV host Howard Stern to be his running mate next time around, as he truly knows the real Donald. Loved the white house press briefing today, Sarah couldn't wait to beat feet, as there were too many questions about many of the women coming out to reiterate the fact they were sexually abused by Trump. Trump has changed the lyrics to the old Sonny Curtis favorite and the tune now goes "I AM the law and the law wins".

JohnR 12-11-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1133149)
Have you ever been to Alabama?

Exhibit A in why people not on the East / West coasts give a Big Middle Finger to the talking heads.

Sea Dangles 12-12-2017 10:55 PM

I am pleasantly surprised to see Moore lose.

wdmso 12-13-2017 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1133387)

i agree 100%

Seems others not so much

The ONLY way the democrats win anything is by fraud and cheating at
the voting booth! I guarantee that if Moore asks for recount, we will
find it. A lot of people out there know what is going on. DEMAND A RECOUNT!

PaulS 12-13-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Short term it hurts the Repubs. as they loose the seat for 2 years. A Moore win would have hurt the Rep. for years.

Jim in CT 12-13-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1133390)
Short term it hurts the Repubs. as they loose the seat for 2 years. A Moore win would have hurt the Rep. for years.

A thoughtful way of looking at it. I swear the gop can’t get out of their own way sometimes. They had Tons of momentum, then they lose a seat in Alabama.

Got Stripers 12-13-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1133393)
A thoughtful way of looking at it. I swear the gop can’t get out of their own way sometimes. They had Tons of momentum, then they lose a seat in Alabama.

Well Trump isn't Bill Belichick, probably the worse thing for Moore was getting Trump's endorsement and as if the women GOP voters didn't need a push; Trump gives them a good one by going after Gillibrand. Thirty plus swing in those counties Trump won by the largest margin tells me this was more of a Trump loss than Moore or the GOP loosing.

The Dad Fisherman 12-13-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1133393)

The HCIC needed to grow up when he got elected. he didn't, and now people are starting to grow tired of it.

JohnR 12-13-2017 03:21 PM

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

With things getting more crazy on top of more crazy, we need better people to run. In environments like this, sane people won't.

The Dad Fisherman 12-13-2017 03:26 PM

Next election will probably be Kanye West running against Ted Nugent

RIROCKHOUND 12-13-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1133405)

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking up for 2020?

JohnR 12-14-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

:kewl: Agree ; )

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1133405)

NOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I want someone Smart, Tactful, and informed in the World!

Give me Condaleeza Rice - smart, smart, tactful, and she doesn't want the job!!!

(Though the left would vilify her)

spence 12-14-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1133353)
Exhibit A in why people not on the East / West coasts give a Big Middle Finger to the talking heads.

I don't get your exhibit.

PaulS 12-14-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1133430)
:kewl: Agree ; )

NOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I want someone Smart, Tactful, and informed in the World!

Give me Condaleeza Rice - smart, smart, tactful, and she doesn't want the job!!!

(Though the left would vilify her)

I doubt that there would be politicians on the left calling her a guerilla.

detbuch 12-14-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1133437)
I doubt that there would be politicians on the left calling her a guerilla.

No doubt politicians on the left would not be mean to her, or would not call her some sort of suck-up to big money or traitor to the black community or various not so nice right wingishness.