Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Gun Legislation (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95408)

scottw 08-18-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1172469)

I can't get a M4. The worst I have is the scary looking version of a Ruger Mini-14.

I always wanted the mini-30 for deer hunting. Funny isn't it? You order the wood stock version and it's a great little hunting rifle, you order the black "tactical" stock option and it's suddenly a scary military assault weapon.

wdmso 08-18-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1172471)
How do you make your belief "they should not own them" a reality?

Stop selling them.. once that happens whats in the system already stays .. the prices will increase expediently. Weeding out the want a be's .(thats the face of a 2A supporter that most Americans see they have hijacked the narrtive to the point a regular gun owner has no voice...change open carry laws ( not sure how carrying an ak or a mini 14 fullbody armor and 6 full mags in the mall or burger king .was the laws intent.. those guns now are like gold not everyone has it but if you do it can be a good investment
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

detbuch 08-18-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172487)
( not sure how carrying an ak or a mini 14 fullbody armor and 6 full mags in the mall or burger king .was the laws intent..

It wasn't the intent. Burger King was intended to have the right to ban carrying them onto its property. The intent was to secure the right to own them.

wdmso 08-18-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1172490)
It wasn't the intent. Burger King was intended to have the right to ban carrying them onto its property. The intent was to secure the right to own them.

your correct it wasn't the laws intent ... but it wasn't (The intent was to secure the right to own them) they all ready had that right .. please

the yahoos hijacked open carry Laws ... and regular gun owners get push out of view ...that's my point

JohnR 08-18-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1172473)
For non-military purposes though they're pretty close to being the same weapon.

What do you mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1172483)
I always wanted the mini-30 for deer hunting. Funny isn't it? You order the wood stock version and it's a great little hunting rifle, you order the black "tactical" stock option and it's suddenly a scary military assault weapon.

They offer Wood Furniture for your Modern Sporting Rifle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172494)
your correct it wasn't the laws intent ... but it wasn't (The intent was to secure the right to own them) they all ready had that right .. please

the yahoos hijacked open carry Laws ... and regular gun owners get push out of view ...that's my point

What are you talking about?

Open Carry into Burger King? Are you OK with Concealed Carry?

Slipknot 08-18-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172398)
I could not hear you over you were echoing .
please. Echo chamber you need to get expand your information base... this has been the trend for years

you have your stance and I have mine
I'm done repeating myself
I understand you have an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

I suggest you listen to this whole video and open your mind because you sound like you are not very observant judging by your comments on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ucCU_NnJ-0

detbuch 08-18-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172494)

It wasn't clear to me what you where referring to. I thought you were referring to the 2A. As for the rest of your sentence, it is also not clear to me what you mean. Probably my lack of reading comprehension.

scottw 08-18-2019 11:34 AM

this is what it's like reading some of the posts here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uzoz6Eh_2c

wdmso 08-18-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1172498)
you have your stance and I have mine

I suggest you listen to this whole video and open your mind because you sound like you are not very observant judging by your comments on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ucCU_NnJ-0

I'm done repeating myself
I understand you have an opinion no matter how wrong it is.

AND everyone one else is the issue.. classic

wdmso 08-18-2019 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1172496)
What do you mean?

They offer Wood Furniture for your Modern Sporting Rifle.

What are you talking about?

Open Carry into Burger King? Are you OK with Concealed Carry?

Clearly you don't see a difference

wdmso 08-18-2019 02:57 PM

How do you tell a 10-year-old little girl who got a Ruger 10/22 with a pink stock for her birthday that her rifle is an assault weapon and she has to turn it over to government or be arrested for felony possession?" Hammer asked at the meeting.
Florida National Rifle Association lobbyist Marion Hammer warned state economists Friday that a proposed assault rifle ban would be devastating to gun manufacturers lured to the state over the last eight years.

NRA mixing confiscation with concern about gun sales

afterhours 08-18-2019 02:58 PM

Looks like a safe place, pretty mass shooter proof. CC is a good thing.

spence 08-18-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1172496)
What do you mean?

Same calibre, can generally fire the same round, similar muzzle velocity, compact barrel, semi-auto operation and the mini can be decked out with all the necessities for home defense like an extended round magazine, pistol grip, collapsible stock etc... :doh:

I think we've seen time and time again when you put what's really a military weapon in the hands of a killer even with little experience they can be quite effective.

spence 08-18-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1172508)

If that guy had dark skin someone would have already taken him out.

afterhours 08-18-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1172511)
If that guy had dark skin someone would have already taken him out.

Really Jeff, it's not about race in MOST instances. Seems the leftist thing to do - tie racism into everything. Again, really?

scottw 08-18-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1172510)
Same calibre, can generally fire the same round, similar muzzle velocity, compact barrel, semi-auto operation and the mini can be decked out with all the necessities for home defense like an extended round magazine, pistol grip, collapsible stock etc... :doh:

I think we've seen time and time again when you put what's really a military weapon in the hands of a killer even with little experience they can be quite effective.

is there a point here?

scottw 08-18-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1172514)
Really Jeff, it's not about race in MOST instances. Seems the leftist thing to do - tie racism into everything. Again, really?

it's a nervous tic

The Dad Fisherman 08-18-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1172518)
it's a nervous tic

He's a good little soldier

wdmso 08-18-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1172508)

Thats not a picture of Cc thats open carry.. if you want to play soldier join the service ..

wdmso 08-18-2019 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=afterhours;1172514]Really Jeff, it's not about race in MOST instances. Seems the leftist thing to do - tie racism into everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6jzzh-FZgs

afterhours 08-18-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172521)
Thats not a picture of Cc thats open carry.. if you want to play soldier join the service ..

Duhh no chit it's open carry. Just read what I said, two different things.

afterhours 08-18-2019 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=wdmso;1172522]
Quote:

Really Jeff, it's not about race in MOST instances. Seems the leftist thing to do - tie racism into everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6jzzh-FZgs

Gee....you don't think that ever happens to white people?

JohnR 08-19-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1172510)

Then don't put them in the hands of a killer and legislate that. I am sick and effing tired of having to have you and others claim what rights can be taken away rather than even try to focus on the few bad actors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172522)

Well the white people deserved it.

We are in post Content of Character America

wdmso 08-19-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1172538)

Well the white people deserved it.

We are in post Content of Character America

I never said that?

wdmso 08-19-2019 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=afterhours;1172524]
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172522)

Guess you didnt watch the video

wdmso 08-19-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1172523)
Duhh no chit it's open carry. Just read what I said, two different things.

I did you think one will cancel out the other. .. i would hate to be a cop responding to an active shooter in that store.. does he shoot everyone with an assault rifle and body armor 1st or wait until its over and arrests the last one standing.. then figure it out..

afterhours 08-19-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172542)
I did you think one will cancel out the other. .. i would hate to be a cop responding to an active shooter in that store.. does he shoot everyone with an assault rifle and body armor 1st or wait until its over and arrests the last one standing.. then figure it out..

Glad you think you know what I think, you don't. Just said i'd personally feel safe in an open carry environment......AND i'm for CC. It could be a confusing situation IF an active shooter decided to shoot there (instead of a gun free zone) AND he survived long enough for the police to arrive, I don't think he would.

JohnR 08-19-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172540)
I never said that?

It was the quoting of a quoting in response to you and the code got messed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1172542)

If there was an active shooter in that store, maybe they wouldn't not be active by the time the cop gets there. You and I both know that if an active shooter was in that store the gamut would run between the shtttshow that would have happened if only the gunman was armed to all resolved before LE showed on scene. Odds are somewhere in the middle but barring a fustercluck, like better than had they not.

spence 08-19-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1172538)
Then don't put them in the hands of a killer and legislate that. I am sick and effing tired of having to have you and others claim what rights can be taken away rather than even try to focus on the few bad actors.

Perhaps you've just been lead to believe you have rights that you don't? Doesn't say anywhere in the Constitution you have the right to own a semi auto high velocity assault weapon. That's for the people and laws to decide. They drew the line with full auto quite some time ago and I don't see you beotching about that.

spence 08-19-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Just an observation. Do you disagree?