Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Did Bernie finally get caught lying for the cameras? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=90420)

Jim in CT 04-14-2016 05:38 AM

Did Bernie finally get caught lying for the cameras?

I don't agree with anything Bernie says, but until now, it looked to me like he was focusing on what he genuinely believed, and I didn't see a lot of bullsh*t posturing from him. It appears his attacks against Verizon were less than truthful.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/feeli...?trk=prof-post

Not a great crop of candidates this cycle, and that goes for both parties.

spence 04-14-2016 06:52 AM

Not sure if it's a lie, I just think Sanders has fooled himself into believing his own rhetoric.

GE certainly can be accused of excessive outsourcing and playing games with taxes, but if you look at the net have they been an asset to the US economy? Sure have...

buckman 04-14-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098828)
Not sure if it's a lie, I just think Sanders has fooled himself into believing his own rhetoric.

GE certainly can be accused of excessive outsourcing and playing games with taxes, but if you look at the net have they been an asset to the US economy? Sure have...

It's a lie
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 04-14-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098830)
It's a lie

You guys throw around the word lie way too frequently.

spence 04-14-2016 07:37 AM

Looks like the Sanders team is starting to morph into Trump.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-d...-remark-221931

Nebe 04-14-2016 07:41 AM

The message Bernie pushes is tat there are certain companies who dodge taxes to the point that it is beyond ridiculous. Aside from taxes, a company like Walmart pays their employees so little that they have to go on food stamps which you and I end up paying for. I'm changing the subject a little. But the point he is making in general is very valid.

buckman 04-14-2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098835)
The message Bernie pushes is tat there are certain companies who dodge taxes to the point that it is beyond ridiculous. Aside from taxes, a company like Walmart pays their employees so little that they have to go on food stamps which you and I end up paying for. I'm changing the subject a little. But the point he is making in general is very valid.

Don't get me started on Wallmart . Over 50% of their revenue is from welfare .
Trust me they are praying Bernie gets in

Jim in CT 04-14-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098828)

"Not sure if it's a lie"

God, you are gone.

Verizon, Spence, not GE. Bernie lied about what Verizon is doing. Has he retracted any of his BS?

Jim in CT 04-14-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

"The message Bernie pushes is tat there are certain companies who dodge taxes "

He named Verizon. He said Verizon pays no taxes. He said Verizon doesn't invest in the community. He was demonstrably wrong. And he didn't apologize to Verizon for it.

Nebe, thi sman is running for President, and he i smaking false charges that the CEO is a tax dodger, just to rally his base. How is the CEO of Verizon suppose dto feel? He pays every cent in taxes he is supposed to pay, and then the rumpled old pervert gors on TV and says the guy is a tax dodger. You're OK with that?

Jim in CT 04-14-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

"But the point he is making in general is very valid."

Then he needs to speak in general terms, and not specify individuals by name. That's called slander. And it's dangerous and unfair and very unbecoming for a presidential candidate.

Nebe 04-14-2016 10:18 AM

True Jim. That would be like a republican naming certain fags and slandering them and instead saying all gays are immoral. Got it.

Jim in CT 04-14-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098848)
True Jim. That would be like a republican naming certain fags and slandering them and instead saying all gays are immoral. Got it.

The difference is, I am capable of harshly criticizing Republicans when they have it coming. i don't bend over backwards to defend every single thing they do.

Who named certain, specific homosexuals and said they are immoral? The notion that homosexuality is immoral (I don't agree) is shared by a LOT of people, and it can't be demonstrated to be false. It's open for debate. That notion that Verizon pays no income tax, and doesn't invest in the community, is demonstrably false, and is not open for debate.

Nebe 04-14-2016 11:16 AM

Your listening to the opinion to the CEO of Verizon. That's like listening to the fox as to why he has no idea why the chickens are missing.

scottw 04-14-2016 11:18 AM

don't worry Eben...they all lie :wavey:

Jim in CT 04-14-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098851)
Your listening to the opinion to the CEO of Verizon. That's like listening to the fox as to why he has no idea why the chickens are missing.

Verizon's financial statements are public record. If the CEO is lying, and Sanders is telling the truth, it would be extremely easy for Sanders to prove that. He hasn't done so, which tells us that he can't. If he coulda, he woulda. In fact, while he didn't apologize of course, he is changing his story a bit, which is what sleazy politicians do when they are caught lying and won't admit it.

spence 04-14-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098841)
Don't get me started on Wallmart . Over 50% of their revenue is from welfare .
Trust me they are praying Bernie gets in

In 2014 it was 4%.

buckman 04-14-2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098854)
In 2014 it was 4%.

Ok I lied , Well maybe,

Americans spend about 18 percent of all food stamp dollars at Walmart, according to company estimates told to the Wall Street Journal and confirmed by The Huffington Post. That’s about $14 billion of the $80 billion Congress set aside for food stamps last year. The company’s total profits for 2013 were $17 billion.

Believe me there are few Trump supporters on Wellfare or in Walmarts corporate headquarters .

RIROCKHOUND 04-14-2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098863)
Believe me there are few Trump supporters on Wellfare Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Do you REALLY believe that?

spence 04-14-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1098872)

He's just making stuff up.

buckman 04-14-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1098872)

Yea I do but I should have added college professors

Nebe 04-14-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098879)
Yea I do but I should have added college professors

Forget who is one what or what they do.... I'd love to see an I.Q.bracket for all of the people who support each candidate

spence 04-14-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098863)
Ok I lied , Well maybe,

Americans spend about 18 percent of all food stamp dollars at Walmart, according to company estimates told to the Wall Street Journal and confirmed by The Huffington Post. That’s about $14 billion of the $80 billion Congress set aside for food stamps last year. The company’s total profits for 2013 were $17 billion.

Believe me there are few Trump supporters on Wellfare or in Walmarts corporate headquarters .

Big difference between revenue and profit, especially on commodity items SNAP recipients would buy which are thin margin or even loss leaders.

I'd wager down South Trump has a lot of support from white welfare recipients.

Raven 04-14-2016 05:17 PM

like i've been sayin

it's all rigged

buckman 04-14-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098880)
Forget who is one what or what they do.... I'd love to see an I.Q.bracket for all of the people who support each candidate

No you don't 😂

buckman 04-14-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098881)
Big difference between revenue and profit, especially on commodity items SNAP recipients would buy which are thin margin or even loss leaders.

I'd wager down South Trump has a lot of support from white welfare recipients.

Do yourself a favor and stop by a Wallmart on the day after cards are refilled . You need a reality slap

Nebe 04-14-2016 06:34 PM

27 THOUSAND people at bernies rally in NYC tonight. Larger than anything Obama had.

spence 04-14-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098887)
27 THOUSAND people at bernies rally in NYC tonight. Larger than anything Obama had.

Park service saying it wasn't even close to that...perhaps 1/3 and he's 17 points behind in the last NY poll.

Think he's going to drop out?

RIROCKHOUND 04-14-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098885)
Do yourself a favor and stop by a Wallmart on the day after cards are refilled . You need a reality slap

And you go to one in rural western VA. Lots of white welfare folks that probably arent on team Bern or Hillary

Nebe 04-14-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098888)
Park service saying it wasn't even close to that...perhaps 1/3 and he's 17 points behind in the last NY poll.

Think he's going to drop out?

Nope

Nebe 04-14-2016 07:18 PM

Back to the original subject.

"Corporate giants such as telecom firm Verizon, drugmaker Bristol-Myers Squibb and power management firm Eaton, all reported effective tax rates of 0% during the past 12 months."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...taxes/2480281/