Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Mass Striper license plates? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95105)

nightfighter 05-10-2019 07:00 PM

New Mass Striper license plates?

1 Attachment(s)
Will have to see when registration is up for renewal, but probably will sign up. $100 every two years.

piemma 05-11-2019 10:50 AM

The way the stocks are being depleted, probably the only Stripers you will see will be on a license plate.

albythereforyou 05-11-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1167141)
The way the stocks are being depleted, probably the only Stripers you will see will be on a license plate.

when striped bass are all but extinct my paintings will be worth MILLIONS :rotflmao:

ivanputski 05-11-2019 03:21 PM

Is the money actually going to striped bass conservation or general fund... thats my question

Nebe 05-11-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1167141)

Sad but true
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Redsoxticket 05-11-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanputski (Post 1167144)
Is the money actually going to striped bass conservation or general fund... thats my question

All proceeds from the purchase of Striped Bass Conservation plates will be administered by the Massachusetts Environmental Trust, and a panel of experts will establish priorities and recommend projects for funding. This panel will include representatives from the Division of Marine Fisheries, academia, environmental advocacy groups, the recreational fishing community, and the commercial fishing industry. Funds from the sale of this plate will be used to study striped bass, improve passageways for sea-run fish like river herring and eels, study angler practices to improve hook-and-release survival, and develop materials and programs to educate anglers about the importance of responsible angling strategies.

tunaless greg 05-12-2019 06:28 AM

Bass Plate

On the Irony of the state that targets Breeder fish only in their commercial fishery. The easiest fish to manage in Saltwater, and we have destroyed the population for a second time. That plate should be like a scarlet letter for all of that participated in the demise.

nightfighter 05-12-2019 08:28 AM

So will that be one, or two for you, Greg?

Or better yet, maybe a commercial plate

JohnR 05-12-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsoxticket (Post 1167153)
All proceeds from the purchase of Striped Bass Conservation plates will be administered by the Massachusetts Environmental Trust, and a panel of experts will establish priorities and recommend projects for funding. This panel will include representatives from the Division of Marine Fisheries, academia, environmental advocacy groups, the recreational fishing community, and the commercial fishing industry. Funds from the sale of this plate will be used to study striped bass, improve passageways for sea-run fish like river herring and eels, study angler practices to improve hook-and-release survival, and develop materials and programs to educate anglers about the importance of responsible angling strategies.

Hope they stick to it but they will probably redirect the money to Plovers ; )

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1167163)
So will that be one, or two for you, Greg?

Or better yet, maybe a commercial plate

Burn :rotf2:

PaulS 05-12-2019 12:51 PM

I like it but I have two or three spots I fish where people probably see my car in wonder why there is a car there. A Striped bass license plate would definitely give it away.

Rockfish9 05-15-2019 11:50 AM

Downloaded the form and mailed the check yesterday. ..hopefully the 40 bucks goes where it is supposed to.

nightfighter 07-09-2019 07:37 PM

Saw this plate being advertised during the OTW TV show Sunday. Anybody else going in for it? I plan on it, but am waiting until I have a paycheck coming in......Long summer rehabbing from surgery and not fishing….

Cool Beans 07-10-2019 05:25 PM

as long as there is 1 male and 1 female left when they make it a sport fish, they will bounce back nicely.

Rockfish9 07-11-2019 08:10 AM

when I did my seminar at west marine, there was a woman there from the Mass conservation commission promoting the plate...last week I received a letter stating that they were half way to the number needed to start printing plates..

FishermanTim 07-11-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsoxticket (Post 1167153)

Sounds like another state run "rainy day fund" drive....

afterhours 07-11-2019 05:43 PM

Still waiting on the Risaa plates, hopefully enough folks sign on. As for where the $ goes it's RI and gIna & co. will surely gobble it up.

chris L 07-30-2019 09:24 PM

C.T would never do any thing related to the outdoor sportsman .