Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weekend Plans? Cold AF Part Dueax (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93149)

JohnR 12-29-2017 08:36 AM

Weekend Plans? Cold AF Part Dueax

C. AF

So what is up for the last weekend of 2017??

Work, work, work. A little football.

So WUFTWE??

mag minnow 12-29-2017 08:55 AM

Ice fishing in a couple hours. No wind whatsoever in North Central MA so shouldn't be too bad.

piemma 12-29-2017 10:40 AM

Packing up to head South

spence 12-29-2017 11:30 AM

Pats tickets Sunday. It’s going to be cold.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Got Stripers 12-29-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1134268)
Packing up to head South

Need a second driver?

chefchris401 12-29-2017 12:16 PM

Work, finalizing all the 2017 odds and ends, house watching and dog sitting for the neighbors, trying to stay warm

Rockfish9 12-29-2017 12:30 PM

ice fishing 2 days with a trip to Foxboro on Sunday sandwiched between them...

Linesider82 12-29-2017 03:41 PM

praying for plugs from last year with several others from chef chris. Ice fishing in the AM.

Hookedagain 12-29-2017 08:17 PM

Goose hunted this morning, working tomorrow and helping my brother in law do some finish work on his house Sunday morning. Monday I am photographing a polar plunge from my kayak....I am not going in that water!!

Cool Beans 12-29-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1134269)
Pats tickets Sunday. It’s going to be cold.

Dress warm and if you get too cold, just imagine Al Gore in a swimsuit and whisper "global warming" over and over until you feel warm...

Seriously though I don't think there is much you can do at Sundays game and not freeze your ass off. one of my best friends and his wife will be there as well. He has bought a bunch of those hand and boot warmers from Job Lot.

It will be a good game! Have a great time! And GO Pats!!!

Rob Rockcrawler 12-29-2017 09:55 PM

Ice fishing most of the weekend. I just want to catch one friggin Teout through the ice. When I was 10 i killed, now that I know what I'm doing... I can't get one to save my life.

BigFish 12-29-2017 10:37 PM

Wake tonight, funeral tomorrow, beers in the shop tomorrow night, freeze my ass off with good friends at the Patriots game Sunday, hang with my bride New Years Eve, New Years Day I have some shop work to do.:musc:

spence 12-29-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool Beans (Post 1134298)
Dress warm and if you get too cold, just imagine Al Gore in a swimsuit and whisper "global warming" over and over until you feel warm...

Seriously though I don't think there is much you can do at Sundays game and not freeze your ass off. one of my best friends and his wife will be there as well. He has bought a bunch of those hand and boot warmers from Job Lot.

It will be a good game! Have a great time! And GO Pats!!!

I've got some seriously warm clothes...and where I grew up sub zero temps were common. I'm more worried about my teenager who just won't get it.

Sea Dangles 12-29-2017 11:20 PM

A couple travel basketball games tonight and another tomorrow followed by some hard water activity.

piemma 12-30-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1134270)
Need a second driver?

Thanks for the offer but my bride will share the driving. We do stop half way (around Richmond VA).

See you guys in April.

MakoMike 12-30-2017 12:09 PM

Today or tomorrow drive down to my daughter's house in NJ for the new year's festivities. Drive back on Tuesday.

Nebe 12-30-2017 01:20 PM

Hibernating in front of the fire place all weekend.

nightfighter 12-31-2017 10:48 AM

Lots and lots of available tickets (just) listed for today's Patriots game on CL......

spence 12-31-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1134346)
Lots and lots of available tickets (just) listed for today's Patriots game on CL......

I was at the game. A lot of open seats...

It was cold.

Guppy 12-31-2017 05:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
8 lb of tog and cod, fried and baked, Friday clan fish fry
Attachment 64778

off cape fam xmas patry Saturday
Attachment 64779

today tomorrow the same
Attachment 64780

Rockfish9 12-31-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1134357)
I was at the game. A lot of open seats...

It was cold.

There as well...alot of drunken idiots as well

spence 12-31-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 1134361)
There as well...alot of drunken idiots as well

I didn't see many at the game but the tailgating looked pretty stoopid walking in.

Rockfish9 01-01-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1134364)
I didn't see many at the game but the tailgating looked pretty stoopid walking in.

Not kidding. .I saw 4 "tents" go airborne. ..I saw another couple scrap the idea then try and make a wind break with a tarp..only to catch it on fire...Nancy prepared our "tailgate" before. We left the house. .we enjoyed it in the comfort of the truck before suiting up to go in...we left midway through the 3rd quarter to get a jump on the drunken idiots..I got tired of having beer spilled on me. .we have optim lounge tickets but at 5' tall I can't see over the crowd(Bruce has paved a path for me in the past )...and watching the TV is best done from the comfort of my own couch.

spence 01-01-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 1134382)
Not kidding. .I saw 4 "tents" go airborne. ..I saw another couple scrap the idea then try and make a wind break with a tarp..only to catch it on fire...Nancy prepared our "tailgate" before. We left the house. .we enjoyed it in the comfort of the truck before suiting up to go in...we left midway through the 3rd quarter to get a jump on the drunken idiots..I got tired of having beer spilled on me. .we have optim lounge tickets but at 5' tall I can't see over the crowd(Bruce has paved a path for me in the past )...and watching the TV is best done from the comfort of my own couch.

Left about the same time. My son's feet were frozen to the point he could barely walk.

Rockfish9 01-01-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1134383)
Left about the same time. My son's feet were frozen to the point he could barely walk.

It was a good time to leave...Nancy admitted on the way back that her feet were getting cold even though she was wearing my muck boots article pro's.