Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Website Discussion - What's Broke, What's Not, and How to Do It (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   mobile update feedback (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=58884)

Redsoxticket 08-20-2009 11:52 AM

mobile update feedback

The latest update is preventing me to view the start point of new unread posts when clicking the thread subject. I do not care to reread prior posts til I get to the newer posts.
Also the avatars that are now missing were working good for me on the BB. I've been contioned to identify avatar with ppl now it is blah.

JohnR 08-20-2009 06:41 PM

I was trying something that obviously did not improve things.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 08-20-2009 08:16 PM

Blah

JohnR 08-20-2009 10:28 PM

One thing to keep in mind, I don't have a Bb to test with. I'm trying to keep the mobile style light for all of the mobile phones.

MotoXcowboy 08-25-2009 09:13 PM

i cant log in with my phone to post. Im not sure if its the site or the phone.

also when im on the computer i cannot log in through home page. i have to click forum link then log in works if that makes any sence..

JohnR 08-29-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoXcowboy (Post 707612)
i cant log in with my phone to post. Im not sure if its the site or the phone.

also when im on the computer i cannot log in through home page. i have to click forum link then log in works if that makes any sence..

What kid of phone?

Your login only works with the forum, not the front page - future use ;)

MotoXcowboy 08-29-2009 11:04 AM

samsung impression / at&t

from what I've learned it has limited internet capabilities. for example i cant log into certain sites and a lot of available mobile applications don't seem to download or install.

Redsoxticket 03-01-2010 10:09 PM

JohnR, mobile resolution

In order to take advantage of the higher resolution smart phones you may want to push the resolution to 480 wide.
It appears from my 480x360 pixel screen that your pushing 320 wide because the web page only fills 2/3 of screen.

JohnR 03-23-2010 06:46 AM

Sorry Victor - did not see this one initially. A lot of people are running phones with lower than 320 resolution still. As I put this together I have to design for lower capability equipment, both regular and mobile. This puts a hamper on some things but my choice is to make something easier to use for most people at the expense of higher tech or something inaccessible to others.

The new version of the web software is out and I'm waiting for the feature set / addons to get where they need to be. Hopefully we'll have better options when this comes out. Thanks ;)

Nebe 03-23-2010 08:28 AM

How about a way to upload pics?

JohnR 03-23-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 756180)
How about a way to upload pics?

That is in the top three things to do once support is out for it.

Redsoxticket 03-23-2010 03:56 PM

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...aWwuanBn-1.jpg
Posted from my Blackberry/Mobile device

Redsoxticket 03-23-2010 04:20 PM

John

The older phones should have firmware to correct for websites that push high resolution.
My previous lower resolution phone excepted higher resolution websites which leaves me to the conclusion that it will not make a difference.
Of all the websites that I visited with both type phones I've yet to find any problem with exception of S-B
Did you test it out with your phone if you to see if it causes a issue with lower resolution phone ?

Thanks
BTW how do you like tthe photo upload from mobile

striperman36 03-23-2010 06:09 PM

can we ban these guys?

JohnR 03-24-2010 06:19 AM

Victor - working for the lowest common browser denominator here.

I'm hoping to have all of this resolved when the software has matured. It is not mature yet.

How did you do the attachment? Flip over to the PC version?

Redsoxticket 03-24-2010 06:35 AM

URL link to the image that is stored at a video sharing service website.

The as is mobile version