Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Meet & Greet Forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Hello!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=77086)

N.ShoreFisher 04-14-2012 10:26 PM

Hello!!

Hi guys, new to the site. I'm up on the North Shore and do most of my fishing either at the Willows in Salem, or in Gloucester by the mouth of the Annesquam River where it empties into the harbor. Always looking to branch out to different places and try new things, but it's tough because I can really only do most of my fishing at night. Got 2 little kids and work during the day, so it's tough. But I get about 5-6 nights a week in during the summer, but hoping to see if there's anyone else that might be willing to give me some info or want to meet up to do a little bait slinging or top water stuff. I have a bunch of different set ups depending on what I'm gonna be fishing for, ie 7ft Ugly stick with Okuma bait runner 50lb braid for the river, 12ft Ugly with Okuma bait runner and 30lb mono for surf casting. Have another 10ft surf rod as well. I mark my success in seasons, trying to become more stream lined and smarter about my technique every year. Went a little over board when I first started a few years ago, and am slowly learning how much I DON'T KNOW! lol Anyway, just looking forward to meeting some people, getting some advice and getting bigger fish. Thanks

JohnR 04-16-2012 07:31 AM

Welcome to S-B. Good fishing up your way. Do you mostly chunk fish with bait?

7' & 12' rods - certainly opposite ends of the scale. My shoulder hurts thinking about 200 casts on the 12 in one night.

As for night time - that is the best time

massbasshunter 04-17-2012 05:57 AM

Hello and welcome Aboard.

N.ShoreFisher 04-17-2012 08:08 AM

Hey John, nah the 12 foot is for surfcasting the beach....lol. Any of you guys on here ever get up this way? Would love to pick up some tips from the pros.

spinncognito 04-20-2012 10:18 AM

The Gloucester spot you mention is across the street from my house... Things are just starting up and should be in full swing within the next few weeks. Shoot me a PM when you are gonna be in the area and I will stop out there and say hello and give you some insight into what has worked for me...

Spin

Raven 04-20-2012 12:47 PM

yeah and the word is ....he's loaded with cash :rotf2:

spinncognito 04-20-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 934330)
yeah and the word is ....he's loaded with cash :rotf2:

Loaded perhaps, but not necessarily with ca$h :lasso:

N.ShoreFisher 04-21-2012 11:04 AM

will do. We've probably met before. I'm usually there in the summer 5-6 nights a week. Most of the time it's around 10-11pm before I get there. Will do though, thanks!!