Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   This might make your head spin (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=66152)

ecduzitgood 09-14-2010 12:19 PM

This might make your head spin

Seeing as homosexuality (being sexually attracted to the same sex) is considered a genetic predisposition, wouldn't pedophilia (being sexually attracted to children)also be a genetic predisposition? If so wouldn't it make sense to remove the pedophiles from the gene pool? Is it religion that keeps us from executing the most vile offenders?
I have no problem with homosexuality but do have a problem with pedophiles. I am agnostic so I had to take a jab at the harm that organized religion has had on societies.
Is there anyone I haven't alienated yet?

The Dad Fisherman 09-14-2010 12:30 PM

Muslim religion wouldn't keep us from doing it...:hihi:

RIJIMMY 09-14-2010 12:35 PM

i thought this was about CA marihuana legalzation!!
I hope that passes, I'll have more reason to visit my inlaws in SF and be able to tolerate them a little more. I hope they have snacks at their house and on demand cable.

ecduzitgood 09-14-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 794595)
Muslim religion wouldn't keep us from doing it...:hihi:

I call FOUL, that was going to be part of my defense when someone came after me about taking a jab at organized religion;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 794597)
i thought this was about CA marihuana legalzation!!
I hope that passes, I'll have more reason to visit my inlaws in SF and be able to tolerate them a little more. I hope they have snacks at their house and on demand cable.

Thats for another thread where I will discuss my gateway drug being alcohol which is why I am 420 friendly now; and think society as the danger of marijuana as compared to alcohol wrong....Now what was I talking about?;)

PaulS 09-14-2010 01:30 PM

But couldn't pedophilia be manifested? from 2 people who only have the pedophilia trait (like sickle cell anemia)? If they have the trait, they might not know it b/c there is no pedophilia urges. Consequently, killing the pedophilias won't make a difference.

On 2nd thought, why take a chance - just kill them (or cut off their testicles so they won't have the urge).

ecduzitgood 09-14-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 794620)
But couldn't pedophilia be manifested? from 2 people who only have the pedophilia trait (like sickle cell anemia)? If they have the trait, they might not know it b/c there is no pedophilia urges. Consequently, killing the pedophilias won't make a difference.

On 2nd thought, why take a chance - just kill them (or cut off their testicles so they won't have the urge).

I have 2 sisters and only one of them share my appetite for women so I would have to think it isn't dependent on the parents.

PaulS 09-14-2010 02:33 PM

my issue is that I can never see wanting to be with a man :eek:(or a boy) so I don't know how someone could do that unless it's genetic.

Of course if I was a woman:biglaugh:

The Dad Fisherman 09-14-2010 03:37 PM

I'll come clean....I'm a Lesbian trapped in a Man's Body....:hihi:

spence 09-15-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 794593)
Seeing as homosexuality (being sexually attracted to the same sex) is considered a genetic predisposition, wouldn't pedophilia (being sexually attracted to children)also be a genetic predisposition?

Perhaps you should read up on pedophilia.

-spence

ecduzitgood 09-15-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 794837)

-spence

Save me the time and enlighten me please.

JohnR 09-15-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 794850)
Save me the time and enlighten me please.

I'm no expert, psychologist, (and certainly no practicer) but my understanding is it is often developed from metal issues and not a "genetic" disposition. IIRC, abuse victims, specifically sexual abuse victims, are more likely to be pedophiles. Abuse victims are more predisposed to do all manner of things .

spence 09-15-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 794875)
I'm no expert, psychologist, (and certainly no practicer) but my understanding is it is often developed from metal issues and not a "genetic" disposition. IIRC, abuse victims, specifically sexual abuse victims, are more likely to be pedophiles. Abuse victims are more predisposed to do all manner of things .

Good summary.

-spence

fishbones 09-15-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 794837)

-spence

Maybe I'll read up on it. Do you guys put out a monthly newsletter or something?

ecduzitgood 09-15-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 794888)
Good summary.

-spence

Being molested by a neighbor when I was a child might explain some of the threads I start, but I have no interest in children sexually. I think of them as dirty little germ factories; which is OK because after all they are kids and don't understand personal hygiene. I still feel sexual attraction is hard wired and thus think the harm the pedophiles cause an innocent child is inexcusable and the threat needs to be eliminated. How many have actually served their time and then repeated the same crime.

Raven 09-16-2010 06:33 AM

manipulate the GENE

massive brain reorganization via artificial means
delivered thru graphic images

turn the dial all the way to >>> full speed

ecduzitgood 09-16-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 795068)
manipulate the GENE

massive brain reorganization via artificial means
delivered thru graphic images

turn the dial all the way to >>> full speed

Isn't that what the media does?
Thats RIJIMMY'S thread;)
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...edia-bias.html

spence 09-16-2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 795019)
Being molested by a neighbor when I was a child might explain some of the threads I start, but I have no interest in children sexually. I think of them as dirty little germ factories; which is OK because after all they are kids and don't understand personal hygiene. I still feel sexual attraction is hard wired and thus think the harm the pedophiles cause an innocent child is inexcusable and the threat needs to be eliminated. How many have actually served their time and then repeated the same crime.

Molestation doesn't mean you're going to be a pedophile. The point is simply that most believe homosexuality to be genetic while pedophelia environmental. I don't think it has to have anything to do with sexual attraction either...

-spence

Raven 09-16-2010 07:40 AM

[QUOTE=ecduzitgood;795076]Isn't that what the media does?

well
thru a much slower delivery system- yes

now there are ways to attach electrodes and pump it in at light speed

there's a new helmet on the horizon for brain manipulation

in the Movie "logans Run"

i always marveled at the "new you" shop.

i believe it is now here...although the technology
still needs a bit more advancement

slicing the brain into paper thin slices and then reformulating those slices
back into a 3d model and thru other instant feedback devices
has taught the "science of the brain" researchers many tricks.

ecduzitgood 09-16-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 795078)
Molestation doesn't mean you're going to be a pedophile. The point is simply that most believe homosexuality to be genetic while pedophelia environmental. I don't think it has to have anything to do with sexual attraction either...

-spence

Perhaps my thoughts of how and why a person gets aroused (sexual attraction) needs fine tuning.
Is a persons sex drive more of a domination type of behavior as opposed to some sort of chemical response within the brain?

JohnR 09-16-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 795078)

-spence

What he said.

I think the worst offenders should be locked up and the key destroyed. It is one of the worst crimes humans bring on other humans and it unfortunately can further the cycle in the victims. That does not mean that victims are guaranteed to follow the path of their abusers but it does mean the victim has a seriously harder time in life, especially if they are unable or unwilling to get help. Abuse victims are more likely to be abusers, or more likely to have other issues such as drugs or alcohol, start fires, other crime, etc.

No excuse for abuse. None.

ecduzitgood 09-16-2010 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=Raven;795091]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 795076)
Isn't that what the media does?

well
thru a much slower delivery system- yes

now there are ways to attach electrodes and pump it in at light speed

there's a new helmet on the horizon for brain manipulation

in the Movie "logans Run"

i always marveled at the "new you" shop.

i believe it is now here...although the technology
still needs a bit more advancement

slicing the brain into paper thin slices and then reformulating those slices
back into a 3d model and thru other instant feedback devices
has taught the "science of the brain" researchers many tricks.

First movie that came to mind was Total recall, then Bad behavior (actually Katie Holmes is why that movie came to mind). I haven't seen Logans Run, it's on my list now.:btu:

ecduzitgood 09-16-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 795097)
What he said.

I think the worst offenders should be locked up and the key destroyed. It is one of the worst crimes humans bring on other humans and it unfortunately can further the cycle in the victims. That does not mean that victims are guaranteed to follow the path of their abusers but it does mean the victim has a seriously harder time in life, especially if they are unable or unwilling to get help. Abuse victims are more likely to be abusers, or more likely to have other issues such as drugs or alcohol, start fires, other crime, etc.

No excuse for abuse. None.

I agree except the part where you chose to throw away the key. I consider locking a person in a cage their whole life torture. That's one of the reasons they did away with Greyhound racing; it was considered cruel to keep the dogs in cages for so long.

The Dad Fisherman 09-16-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 795102)
I agree except the part where you chose to throw away the key. I consider locking a person in a cage their whole life torture. That's one of the reasons they did away with Greyhound racing; it was considered cruel to keep the dogs in cages for so long.

How do you feel about Drawing and Quartering.....nah might be a little to humane for them there pedophiles.

Also last time I looked......the greyhounds weren't diddling little boys

ecduzitgood 09-16-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 795146)
How do you feel about Drawing and Quartering.....nah might be a little to humane for them there pedophiles.

Also last time I looked......the greyhounds weren't diddling little boys

Thats right, and do you really want to get me started on bestiality :spin:

JohnR 09-16-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 795151)
Thats right, and do you really want to get me started on bestiality :spin:

Uhh, no. :rotf2: