Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Ice Fishing (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   it wont be long... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83603)

Rockfish9 09-18-2013 08:12 AM

it wont be long...

3 Attachment(s)
before the waders are stored for the season.. the boats under wraps... venison secured for the winter and the pats in the playoffs.. well 3 out of 4 aint bad ( not alot of faith in the boys from foxboro this year)..
so.. here's a few pictures form the last few seasons to get every one thinking about it...

flag up!!! and a damaged lake massebesic brown... my guess otter.. but there are ALLEGEDLY APIKE IN THERE AS WELL... 2 future sharpies.. Stevie and AJ

Rockfish9 09-18-2013 08:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Night shift and I with a couple of new hampshire Rainbows... a new hampshire picklerel...AKA slime dart

Rockfish9 09-18-2013 08:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Jigging can be fun.... and productive.... Mother always said to eat a good breakfast...

Rockfish9 09-18-2013 08:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
fishing in snow and heavy weather can be tiresome.. but the rewards can be worth it.... and what season wouldnt be complete without a big .. Oh-oh... this is what a laker can do when they put on the speed bag...

Raven 09-19-2013 03:20 AM

i've got this brand new industrial - 20 refrigerator full length black coat
that's so nice.... when you put it on you feel like
you just climbed into a warm sleeping bag
making blizzard conditions a JOY...
nice pics JOE!

WESTPORTMAFIA 10-08-2013 09:01 PM

Waaay to early to get me thinking! Nice pics. I wouldn't think an otter would drop its dinner. I would think once an otter has a bait that size it's done for. Maybe a pike or a huge pickerel that was choking on dinner? Nice Flag Up!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockfish9 10-09-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA (Post 1016899)
Waaay to early to get me thinking! Nice pics. I wouldn't think an otter would drop its dinner. I would think once an otter has a bait that size it's done for. Maybe a pike or a huge pickerel that was choking on dinner? Nice Flag Up!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Absolutly aggree about the otter.. I caught alot of them trapping.. usualy once they latch on.. it's game over... it's just the shape and nature of the cuts had me thinking... but as I said.. Pike were stocked there at one time... i;ve caught some big pickerel there as well... I let it go hopefully it's wounds healed..

Not too early... October's half gone..some of those remote New hampshire ponds will have ice before Christmas.... I'll be ready.

The Dad Fisherman 10-09-2013 12:45 PM

Yep.....time to start thinking about it....already got a scout Ice Fishing trip on the calendar......firming up my schedule for the Campmaster Cabin for a couple of weekends up north as well.

FishermanTim 10-10-2013 09:58 AM

Next month I will start prepping my gear, giving everything a "tune-up" and checking to see if I need anything replaced.

Then I pray for cold winter days AND nights and plan my first outing.
(That usually involves a little travel up north for earliest attempts.)

Raven 10-14-2013 07:51 AM

brrrr

38' degrees here @ the ahh chu

the snowbirds have arrived....

RickBomba 10-20-2013 07:30 AM

I'm very ready for this year. Hopefully I can get to some cape ice.

Raven 10-23-2013 06:27 PM

Geese way up High "today"

heading north in a straight line long distance

a dozen robins looking for lawn grubs for some needed fat
before heading south ...