Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Deviant Dale's (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80722)

spence 01-11-2013 07:01 PM

Deviant Dale's

Saw this at the packy today.

Sort of like a double Dale's but the flavor profile is a bit different. Still quite hoppy but with a back end sweetness...not overly malty though. Citrus like Dale's Pale Ale.

Very drinkable.

8% sold in pint cans for 15 something per four pack. Not cheap but not robbery.

The extra hop oils make me think they almost tried to make a Heady Topper clone considering the notoriety The Alchemist has got this year.

Pretty good, I might buy again.

Nebe 01-11-2013 07:06 PM

I was drinking double hopped deviant dales at the brewery 5 days ago. :love:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

flyvice11787 01-11-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 979270)
Saw this at the packy today.

Sort of like a double Dale's but the flavor profile is a bit different. Still quite hoppy but with a back end sweetness...not overly malty though. Citrus like Dale's Pale Ale.

Very drinkable.

8% sold in pint cans for 15 something per four pack. Not cheap but not robbery.

The extra hop oils make me think they almost tried to make a Heady Topper clone considering the notoriety The Alchemist has got this year.

Pretty good, I might buy again.

Good beer. Not sure it was put out because of the Heady though.

spence 01-12-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyvice11787 (Post 979281)
Good beer. Not sure it was put out because of the Heady though.

Note the subtle reference to drink from the can around the rim. Also, front the can they do taste quite similar.

flyvice11787 01-12-2013 06:21 PM

I never had it in a can. Just off the tap :).

Nebe 01-12-2013 06:30 PM

Deviant dales has been around for a while. If anything, they poached the "drink from the can" idea from the alchemist, but I doubt that they tried to clone the recipe.

Ian 01-15-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 979388)
Deviant dales has been around for a while. If anything, they poached the "drink from the can" idea from the alchemist, but I doubt that they tried to clone the recipe.

Oscar Blues has had "drink from the can" themed text on their beers for years. Recently I have seen it less, but they were the first brewery to write that stuff on the can when I started getting into canned craft beer 6-7 years ago

Clogston29 01-30-2013 09:06 PM

It's really good. I was expecting a kicked up dales, but its really its own thing. Much better than dales IMO. Great aroma.

Ian 02-04-2013 10:11 PM

This was on then list for the supah bowl. Forgot how much I like it... in fact I distinctly remember NOT liking it. Good smooth flavor