Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   its winter, there is a ton going on and... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=61443)

RIJIMMY 01-08-2010 12:30 PM

its winter, there is a ton going on and...

its quiet as hell out here! Come on! I need some intellectual stimulation!
- despite an islamic lovefest, people still want to kill us, suprised?
- DUH! it was a systematic failure, even though the system worked as planned
- Dodd is out.....this could be BIG
- Obama's numbers are slipping, wheres the change? When are we going to see a "different" Washington?
- Health Care????? WTF!

Are you AWAKE?????????:wall::smash::wall::smash::wall::sma sh::buds:

Fly Rod 01-08-2010 01:17 PM

Yes, Dodd :smash: is out. He went out a winner. He has beaten the American people.

Ried and Pelosi have and has him in their pocket, He gets a reduced interest rate from a mortgage company, He spear-headed giving executives of AIG big bonuses with our monies.

He has won, we will not get the pleasure to have voted him out of office.

Joe 01-08-2010 01:49 PM

Uncle. The steady drumbeat of anti-everything gets tired. Write a check to the RNC

RIJIMMY 01-08-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 737492)
Uncle. The steady drumbeat of anti-everything gets tired. Write a check to the RNC

really? As opposed to all the optimism and support for the president for the last 8 years? At least we put up a fight, I have seen some pretty weak responses to the criticisms. I dont think you guys even believe it anymore.....:uhuh:

Joe 01-08-2010 02:21 PM

When Rush shi_s the bed, I'll post something witty.

buckman 01-08-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 737502)
When Rush shi_s the bed, I'll post something witty.

Rush will be here longer the Reid. He's done next election. I guess we can wait Joe:rotf2:

FishermanTim 01-08-2010 02:49 PM

"We are at war with terrorists"
"We won't stop until we get them"

Gee, didn't we hear this same speech about 9 years ago?

He's still has his followers marching right along, only he's singing a different tune (and it ain't "America the Beautiful")

To coin a Deval Patrick's / Pres. Obama's "original" mantra from the campaign trail: "The're just words!"

How many Democrats will be jumping ship before they are forced out? Then again, in this state we have a ballgame roster of shady reps that just never seem to get caught by our diligent and effective DA. Isn't just amazing that no matter what the offense, most of these "connected" scum still find a way to get off on a "techicality"?

We need hope and change alright,.....Hope that we will survive until we can "change" things for the better by ridding ourselves of these political and social parasites.

We need to go back to what the founding fathers intended.... Voluntary service with STRICT term limits. Then we will see how many of these turds are really looking out for our best interest and not their own!

OK, I'm done for the day... Back to work and dreams of fishing.

buckman 01-08-2010 02:51 PM

Remember when Hillary told us Obama couldn't handle the 3AM call when it comes. Well it seems he wouldn't even answer it. He was on vacation and a little attempted terrorist ( can we call it that?) attack on a US bound plane wasn't about to disturb his golf match....... and the Czar in charge was leaving for a ski trip.
Damn I hate when Hillary is right.

JohnnyD 01-08-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 737508)
Remember when Hillary told us Obama couldn't handle the 3AM call when it comes. Well it seems he wouldn't even answer it. He was on vacation and a little attempted terrorist ( can we call it that?) attack on a US bound plane wasn't about to disturb his golf match....... and the Czar in charge was leaving for a ski trip.
Damn I hate when Hillary is right.

Ah yes... because Bush never spent a total of months at "his" Crawford ranch while spearheading two major wars.

It's pretty customary that Presidents leave Washington during the Christmas holiday.

RIJIMMY 01-08-2010 03:13 PM

ahhh, now thats better!
Wheres Spence been?

JohnnyD 01-08-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 737513)
ahhh, now thats better!
Wheres Spence been?

hehe... I've been on pseudo-vacation since Christmas week. January is too busy with work for me to get intimately involved in any political mumbo-jumbo with you freaks in here.

fishbones 01-08-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 737520)
hehe... I've been on pseudo-vacation since Christmas week. January is too busy with work for me to get intimately involved in any political mumbo-jumbo with you freaks in here.

Well, JD. You certainly haven't gotten intimately involved in putting any thought into this one.:rotf2: Instead of trying to defend the indefensible, as usual you bring up Bush. Keep on point if you can. This thread is about your guy, Obama. But, since you brought it up, try to go back and find any article about Bush not responding promptly to a crisis that occured while he was on vacation.

Maybe you'll be able to bring your "A" game when you get back from your psuedo vacation. We need you in here since Spence is too busy with the post holiday shoe sales.

spence 01-08-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 737513)
ahhh, now thats better!
Wheres Spence been?

Working to build a stronger country.

-spence

buckman 01-08-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 737596)
Working to build a stronger country.

-spence

Nice to have you back in the Republican ranks Spence:love:

JohnnyD 01-09-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 737524)
Maybe you'll be able to bring your "A" game when you get back from your psuedo vacation. We need you in here since Spence is too busy with the post holiday shoe sales.

Pseudo-vacation is over. Now it's a work marathon through to February.

spence 01-09-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 737645)
Nice to have you back in the Republican ranks Spence:love:

I think I'm going to stay an unaffiliated voter for the foreseeable future.

As bad as the Democrats in Congress may be, the GOP is a bad joke at this moment. I think Michael Steele is the only one of them I actually like :laugha:

-spence

Fly Rod 01-09-2010 10:18 AM

You have to give both parties credit for creating jobs.

They have done a fantastic job.

And you are scratching your head and saying, "what jobs?"

I believe it is called OUT Soucing!! :rotf2: :rotf2: :rotf2:

JohnnyD 01-09-2010 11:23 AM

I think one thing we can all agree on is that both parties are completely F#$(&ed Up.

Karl F 01-09-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 737733)
I think one thing we can all agree on is that both parties are completely F#$(&ed Up.

BINGO...

both parties are rudderless ships, bumping into each other on occassion..no direction...or pulled into too many directions...

only people drowning are the voters...

the elephant and the donkey are tottaly FUBAR....

effin sad.

Viva la Revolution... vote them all out... everytime you can..then vote them out again.

eelskimmer 01-09-2010 12:46 PM

Having done some work for Scott Brown in
the past, I can tell you he is one honest dude.
If unhappy the best way to do something here
in MASS is vote for Scott.

Fly Rod 01-09-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eelskimmer (Post 737756)
Having done some work for Scott Brown in
the past, I can tell you he is one honest dude.
If unhappy the best way to do something here
in MASS is vote for Scott.

I believe that the majority of freshmen senators go to Washington to make change for the people. But, when they get there and they plan on voting down ear marks etc:, the seinor senator puts his hand on the freshmans shoulder and says, "Son if you do not vote for what I want, your state will get nothing." He/she falls in line like a duck, one behind the other.

striperman36 01-09-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 737768)
I believe that the majority of freshmen senators go to Washington to make change for the people. But, when they get there and they plan on voting down ear marks etc:, the seinor senator puts his hand on the freshmans shoulder and says, "Son if you do not vote for what I want, your state will get nothing." He/she falls in line like a duck, one behind the other.

and that's the way it is....

The Dad Fisherman 01-09-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 737733)

Can you say "Epiphany" :hihi:

JohnnyD 01-09-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 737804)
Can you say "Epiphany" :hihi:

Jimmy wanted to get everyone riled up. I just wanted to bring us all back together again.

It's a long winter. Plenty of time to get under each other's skin due to liberals killing babies while spending all our money and the conservatives generally just giving everyone the finger while waiting for the mid-term elections.

RIJIMMY 01-11-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 737791)
and that's the way it is....

I think you all need to see Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith Goes to Washington. best political movie ever. Its not the Dems or repubs issue, its a national issue. LEADERSHIP - courage under fire, vision, thats what we need.

Joe 01-12-2010 08:59 AM

Sara Palin starts her new show on Fox tonight at 8:00!

JohnnyD 01-12-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 738457)
Sara Palin starts her new show on Fox tonight at 8:00!

You can't get a job with Fox without make outlandish claims. Good for her. At least we won't see her in 2012 now.

Joe 01-12-2010 01:34 PM

Can't you see the irony? This is a modern-day interpretation of the classic Jimmy Stewart film Mrs. Palin Goes To Washington and tonight is the premier.
Of course in this version, Mrs. Palin takes the money. (The ending had to be updated to make it more believable.) Instead of going on to become a great stateswoman, she gets a 5mil book deal and a show on Fox. She ditches the snowmobile, the bearded husband, and the values of Real Americans. She moves to NYC, gets an apartment at Trump Towers and lives happily ever after.

FishermanTim 01-12-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 738525)
Can't you see the irony? This is a modern-day interpretation of the classic Jimmy Stewart film Mrs. Palin Goes To Washington and tonight is the premier.
Of course in this version, Mrs. Palin takes the money. (The ending had to be updated to make it more believable.) Instead of going on to become a great stateswoman, she gets a 5mil book deal and a show on Fox. She ditches the snowmobile, the bearded husband, and the values of Real Americans. She moves to NYC, gets an apartment at Trump Towers and lives happily ever after.

....and in the best "The Family Guy" style, she ends up in bed with Bill Clinton.:biglaugh::rotf2:

striperman36 01-12-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 738254)
I think you all need to see Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith Goes to Washington. best political movie ever. Its not the Dems or repubs issue, its a national issue. LEADERSHIP - courage under fire, vision, thats what we need.

Good flick, one of the best.

However, people like that left politics when the monkey second did.