Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Bad Trillium Vibes (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94465)

rphud 11-21-2018 03:30 PM

Bad Trillium Vibes

Sounds like some of the employees have been posting bad things. Sad to hear if it is true.

rphud 11-21-2018 11:09 PM

even The Globe is on it, sheeessshhh

fishbones 11-21-2018 11:30 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/beer/commen...qGAdieOa24RAYQ
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

rphud 11-22-2018 11:37 PM

BA postings are interesting, JC replied and the postings continued, sounds like PE $$$$ is an "issue" these days.

Clogston29 11-23-2018 01:48 PM

Disappointing but not surprising.

rphud 11-26-2018 09:26 AM

I think we are seeing the negative influence of Private Equity in this "space" more and more recently. Might focus on the small folks from here out.

fishbones 12-05-2018 07:51 PM

http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/trill...ways-improving

That BA post must have had an impact on business.

rphud 12-06-2018 05:55 PM

Good to see. Night Shift put them to shame and now they are catching up.

Liv2Fish 12-07-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphud (Post 1156977)
Good to see. Night Shift put them to shame and now they are catching up.

Night has had some great beers out lately. Was fortunate enough to get my hands on some Craigerator. Only 5.0 ABV but had a bight like a solid DIPA.

Jenn 12-09-2018 10:23 AM

Question for the group while the subject is fresh. It never even occurred to me to tip the person cashing me out for cans until now. Am I alone here? If you POUR me a beer, yes, I tip but if your handing me cans? How is this even a thing? Or am I way off base here? You dont tip other retail people like when you go to a package store for a case of cans so why would you at a brewery?

The Dad Fisherman 12-09-2018 11:04 AM

I never tipped people handing me cans, I look at it as just a retail store.

Nebe 12-09-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1157105)

You cheap bastahd!

Jenn 12-09-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1157105)

Right? me too! Nebe not out of being cheap, trust me if anything I over tip bartenders, waitstaff, etc. but the retail staff? never crossed my mind until I read the Trillium staff story about pay and being tipped staff. I would never have guessed it was considered a tipped position because it shouldnt be! It really is no different!

The Dad Fisherman 12-10-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn (Post 1157143)
Right? me too! Nebe not out of being cheap, trust me if anything I over tip bartenders, waitstaff, etc. but the retail staff? never crossed my mind until I read the Trillium staff story about pay and being tipped staff. I would never have guessed it was considered a tipped position because it shouldnt be! It really is no different!

I'm the same way, I usually over tip as well. But tipping someone who is just grabbing you your cans isn't something I do. Has nothing to do with being cheap.

Do people tip the guy at the convenient store for giving you your smokes or scratch tickets? Pretty much the exact same thing. Go up to the counter ask for something and they hand it to you.

Clogston29 12-11-2018 12:30 PM

I agree that you should not have to tip the people who get cans. They should be paid as retail/hourly employees in my opinion but I really don't know what other breweries are doing and what the standard is, so its hard to say if Trillium really did anything that wrong. Glad they stepped up to fix it, though I think they may have gone too far with the pay for what the job and market is (most retail jobs do not pay that much). Some of the complaints read as entitlement and sour grapes to me. There are lots of people working much tougher jobs for much less pay and no one is forcing anyone to work at a brewery.

It always annoyed me that the tablet would pull up standard 15% and 20% tips for the retail employees. Like your expected to tip $20 for someone packaging up a case of beer? With the pay raises, I hope they swap out the system so it does not ask for tips for retail. Asking kind of makes it seem like its expected.

rphud 12-15-2018 08:32 PM

Sounds like JC stepped up to the plate.

ChrisG was at the restaurant recently and everyone he talked to was very happy with things there.

Sounded like a disgruntled ex was the start of things, but they did need some fixin'.