Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Travel to MA Now? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96631)

afterhours 06-25-2020 03:02 PM

Travel to MA Now?

Was wondering if travel restrictions were still in effect for travel into Ma for outsiders for fishing or business?

t.orlando 06-25-2020 03:52 PM

Canal has had plenty of out of staters for last 2 weeks

BigFish 06-26-2020 10:35 AM

That state to state restriction thing is a crock of #^&#^&#^&#^&! Come and go as you please its not like the cops are stopping you at the border!

hq2 06-26-2020 10:47 AM

Maybe they can set up road blocks at all the state lines and arrest
people with Florida and Texas plates! Hey, we bit the bullet and got
it done up here; we don't need these knuckleheads getting us all sick
again!:whackin:

afterhours 06-26-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 1195867)
That state to state restriction thing is a crock of #^&#^&#^&#^&! Come and go as you please its not like the cops are stopping you at the border!

Kinda what i thought Larry.

fishbones 06-26-2020 11:23 AM

Don, there’s no quarantine in MA. There are highway signs suggesting it when heading to the Cape but it’s not required.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RickBomba 06-28-2020 04:36 AM

There were more out of state plates in Wellfleet than MA plates all last month.

Travel away...as long as you’re not from one of those COVID cesspool states.

Then you must go to NH, where you’ll be welcomed with maskless, mulletted, and helmetless open arms.

trevier 06-28-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1195937)
There were more out of state plates in Wellfleet than MA plates all last month.

Travel away...as long as you’re not from one of those COVID cesspool states.

Then you must go to NH, where you’ll be welcomed with maskless, mulletted, and helmetless open arms.

I live in NH. I wear a mask whenever I go into a store that requires it. Other than that I don't use it, especially when I'm driving. Never understood the driving and wearing a mask at the same time thing, weird.

RickBomba 06-28-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevier (Post 1195945)
I live in NH. I wear a mask whenever I go into a store that requires it. Other than that I don't use it, especially when I'm driving. Never understood the driving and wearing a mask at the same time thing, weird.

Sorry, trev. Yeah, I don’t get wearing masks in the car, either.

Here in MA, you can’t go into any public indoor space without getting at least masked up.

Most Outer Cape businesses are requiring gloves, as well.

JohnR 06-29-2020 06:40 AM

Just be smart.

Can you social distance at the Canal?

Got Stripers 06-29-2020 12:37 PM

No social distancing for cars coming off cape today, took forever to get off cape around noon today, I don’t know how people live down there in the summer. I’d have that as my winter home and go elsewhere in the summer.

Guppy 06-29-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195964)
No social distancing for cars coming off cape today, took forever to get off cape around noon today, I don’t know how people live down there in the summer. I’d have that as my winter home and go elsewhere in the summer.

Easy! We just don’t go over the bridge, why would we?
Well, maybe to fish... :-)

Got Stripers 06-29-2020 05:37 PM

Hitting Westport in am

Guppy 06-30-2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1195972)
Hitting Westport in am

Catchum up....

Bring a bass rod

RickBomba 06-30-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1195978)
Catchum up....

Bring a bass rod

Freeze me something!!!

Got Stripers 06-30-2020 01:06 PM

Sea bass were thick, easy limit and as hard as I tried to get my one tog on plastic, which is usually easy at this spot; I couldn’t keep a sea bass off the jig. Caught some of the biggest and darkest (almost all dark brown and red) scup I’ve ever seen. Unfortunately three blues found my plastic too, the rest of the mixed bag was one fluke and a couple stripers. Only stayed out two hours as the tide went slack low and I wasn’t hanging for it to turn, not with the potential for thunderstorms.

Higgie 06-30-2020 02:33 PM

Wow that’s good to hear GS. Putting my boat back together this afternoon hope to get a seabass trip in over the next week before they push deeper. I def wanna try that stone launch I think your launching from. Boats a 17’ cc and I can drop in easily at sakonnett so I imagine that ramp is just as easy

redlite 06-30-2020 03:52 PM

I am convinced that the sea bass overpopulation is the reason that our bass fishing is almost non existent down here. They are cockroaches that have carpet cleaned the bottom of the ocean to the point that there is nothing for the striped bass to eat so they just blow on by now. Most of the sea bass my buddies were getting around here are bigger than the bass we are getting. And figure in the chase point fish trap and it feels like I am casting into an empty ocean in the middle of February. Beyond Depressing. Time to sell and move north.

Rockfish9 06-30-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1196004)
I am convinced that the sea bass overpopulation is the reason that our bass fishing is almost non existent down here. They are cockroaches that have carpet cleaned the bottom of the ocean to the point that there is nothing for the striped bass to eat so they just blow on by now. Most of the sea bass my buddies were getting around here are bigger than the bass we are getting. And figure in the chase point fish trap and it feels like I am casting into an empty ocean in the middle of February. Beyond Depressing. Time to sell and move north.

Ain't any better here, and we have no sea bass to speak of,plenty of fish and bait, all small... we had a small slug (very small slug) of large 2 weeks ago, now we have more pogies than I have ever seen in 50 years of fishing, the only thing on them is tuna and seals and an occasional blue fish...all the schoolies you want on the sand eels.aint like old times

Guppy 06-30-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Dangles cut open a keeper bass from out front of u , belly full of some kind of crab.... maybe that’s all that’s left for them....

North! Screw that, too cold

Sea Dangles 06-30-2020 04:54 PM

Wrong guy
Mike cut

Got Stripers 06-30-2020 04:54 PM

I’m not complaining, sea bass are delicious and I’m vacuum sealing as much as I can to brace myself for the next pandemic. Just finished dinner and sorry I miss big stripers, but love eating sea bass and tog.

Clammer 06-30-2020 07:17 PM

I,m rigging up for Tautog fishing ..

but surprisingly stripers is much better than I expected it to be ><><>

JFigliuolo 07-01-2020 04:46 AM

Yeah... the problem with stripers is sea bass not people. WTF

hq2 07-01-2020 12:02 PM

On original thread topic: may be more folks traveling around in the area soon.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...ate-3/2151377/

l.i.fish.in.vt 07-02-2020 08:17 AM

Mikey,you gonna go join Stevie Campo way up north?

redlite 07-02-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l.i.fish.in.vt (Post 1196075)
Mikey,you gonna go join Stevie Campo way up north?

I am considering as surf fishing is a hell of a lot better up there than SE Mass/ RI

tlapinski 07-02-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

I am convinced that the sea bass overpopulation is the reason that our bass fishing is almost non existent down here. They are cockroaches that have carpet cleaned the bottom of the ocean to the point that there is nothing for the striped bass to eat so they just blow on by now.

How does that explain all the BSB and SB coexisting at Block?

redlite 07-02-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlapinski (Post 1196090)
How does that explain all the BSB and SB coexisting at Block?

I have takin that into consideration and believe it is a different situation as it is a different ecosystem with deeper faster moving water over a greater area than SE mass with a larger variety of more plentiful bait. And all those fish that habitually go there haven't been killed yet so there still hope for them especially with new regs if they actually enforce them unlike still happening at canal
Guys around here saying they not even seeing or marking even bait around here. All they gettin is sea bass galore the past few nites eeling
I know that fish change their "resident" areas as I have lived through the rise and fall of the back side and the islands and know stuff cyclical, but something is seriously out of whack around here. Can't blame it on water temps as still cooler right now than past years at this time and I have pulled plenty of supa cows out of shallow 70 + degree water.
It has been a dramatic decline in size and number of fish/ resident fish down here now over that past 3 seasons. Went from crushing ( and releasing ) sizable fish to the point now where we lucky if even get a bite most nites covering a lot of real estate every tide possible. Even out snorkeling some of my spots last week that usually are an aquarium of life in the rocks is a barren wasteland. Maybe I shoulda taken marine biology in college instead of drinking and lacrosse

And I won't concede to the fact that maybe my partner and I just now suck at fishing cause we travel long ways away from here and still catch cause there are fish
One of the best pieces of advice I ever got about fishing.
" fish where there are fish, not where you wish there were fish"

Higgie 07-02-2020 04:14 PM

That’s one of the best quotes I’ve ever heard mike