Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   CNN story sourcing Lanny Davis - pathetic (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94172)

Jim in CT 09-12-2018 05:57 AM

CNN story sourcing Lanny Davis - pathetic

CNN recently ran a story quoting an anonymous source, saying that Trump had prior knowledge of the “Trump Tower meeting”, dun dun dun!!

Lanny Davis, a former Clinton operative who is now Michael Cohen’s attorney, came out and admitted he was the anonymous source, and he also admitted that he lied about being able to prove that Trump knew about the meeting.

CNN refuses to retract its story, they stand by it. The fact that their source has recanted, isn’t compelling to them.

Welcome to news coverage in the era of Trump. This is CNN.

scottw 09-12-2018 06:17 AM

wait...the long time lawyer and BFF of bill and hillary(the people who paid for the unverified steele dossier)....was the anonymous source confirming collusion that he now says he has no actual knowledge of....:bl:

JohnR 09-12-2018 07:09 AM

Another prime example of why this is all so effed up.

BOTH sides distort in order to provide the echo chamber

spence 09-12-2018 07:19 AM

They have multiple sources, basic journalistic process Jim.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 09-12-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150801)

multiple sources and zero credibility = :doh:

Jim in CT 09-12-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150801)

Everybody else retracted the story after Lanny Davis recanted.

Jim in CT 09-12-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1150800)
Another prime example of why this is all so effed up.

BOTH sides distort in order to provide the echo chamber

True both sides do this, and it's very very destructive. But the right only controls 1 TV station, which 1% of the nation watches.

spence 09-12-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150803)
Everybody else retracted the story after Lanny Davis recanted.

Everybody else was just reporting on the CNN story, they don't have access to the sources or methods CNN based their reporting on.

CNN may be slanted to the left as a network but their fact based reporting is very credible. I don't think they would have published this story unless they were pretty confident it was accurate.

scottw 09-12-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150806)

they don't have access to the sources or methods CNN based their reporting on.

:rotflmao:....yeah...nobody is that bad

Pete F. 09-12-2018 09:01 AM

Regardless of any reports do you think Donnie Jr didn't go running to Daddy with the great news that he was getting Dirt on Hillary?

scottw 09-12-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150810)
Regardless of any reports do you think Donnie Jr didn't go running to Daddy with the great news that he was getting Dirt on Hillary?

wasn't the question ? "saying that Trump had prior knowledge"

spence 09-12-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150812)
wasn't the question ? "saying that Trump had prior knowledge"

Jr thought he was getting the dirt before the meeting, that's why there was a meeting.

It's pretty hard to believe Trump didn't have prior knowledge.

Jim in CT 09-12-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150815)
Jr thought he was getting the dirt before the meeting, that's why there was a meeting.

I agree it's hard to imagine. But that's not what CNN said. They said an anonymous source said he could prove it, and the anonymous source now says that's false.

Pete F. 09-12-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150818)
I agree it's hard to imagine. But that's not what CNN said. They said an anonymous source said he could prove it, and the anonymous source now says that's false.

How do you know he is the anonymous source?
Because he says so?

spence 09-12-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150818)

Jim, there's more than one source.

Jim in CT 09-12-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150810)

and once again, it all goes back to how corrupt the family is. the point pete, is the intentional, laughable, bias.

trump is a jerk, we have covered this. why does that justify intentionally dishonest reporting?

Pete F. 09-12-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150826)
and once again, it all goes back to how corrupt the family is. the point pete, is the intentional, laughable, bias.

trump is a jerk, we have covered this. why does that justify intentionally dishonest reporting?

Because he says so?

scottw 09-12-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150815)

prove it

scottw 09-12-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1150821)
Jim, there's more than one source.

name one

scottw 09-12-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150827)

Because he says so?

that's how it usually works

Jim in CT 09-12-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150820)
Because he says so?

Yes, (1) because he says so (and he would know), and (2) CNN isn't denying that.

Man you are something.

scottw 09-12-2018 12:08 PM

journalism 2018

"Trump hating network cites multiple anonymous sources stating trump is bad"

spence 09-12-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1150833)
name one

Yes, because I work for CNN...good lord.

Pete F. 09-12-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1150843)
Yes, (1) because he says so (and he would know), and (2) CNN isn't denying that.

Man you are something.

This is a circular argument
Quote anonymous source(s)
Someone says they were the anonymous source and admits(?) lying
Report says no still true
Who’s lying and how do you prove it?
Who cares anyways
I surmise that little Donnie told big Donnie but at the end of the day wtf difference does that make

spence 09-12-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1150854)
I surmise that little Donnie told big Donnie but at the end of the day wtf difference does that make

Legally it makes a big difference.

Got Stripers 09-12-2018 03:41 PM

Mueller please save us, Christ I hope there is some closure soon and we can all move past the collusion question. Doesn’t mean I don’t still have big concerns about influence Russia has over Trump.

Nebe 09-12-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1150860)
Mueller please save us, Christ I hope there is some closure soon and we can all move past the collusion question. Doesn’t mean I don’t still have big concerns about influence Russia has over Trump.

I’m sure I will all wrap up right before we have to vote. Because this hasn’t been politicized or anything...:rolleyes:

wdmso 09-13-2018 03:44 AM

The networks have continued to invite back other Washingtonians who have been caught making false statements, including White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and top Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, who coined the phrase “alternative facts.”

funny he has been all over the news making claims

CNN’s airwaves. "I made a mistake,” he said of his denial, adding: "I did not mean to be cute.” He claimed he didn’t lie but rather “unintentionally misspoke.”

More things that make you go Hummm

“A strong feeling.” That just doesn’t make much sense. Davis is a lawyer for his client, not a pundit. He can speak to Cohen about sensitive matters. His job is literally to speak publicly for Cohen, and getting their story straight is Job No. 1. The idea that Davis was simply freelancing with a narrative he hadn’t run by his client just doesn’t ring true. And if he was, how has Cohen not fired him for so clearly botching his defense?

But But Lenny Davis another attempt by Jim and Fox to shine the laser point some where else .... I guess they have never heard of collaborative evidence ... the case has been being made well before Cohan

scottw 09-13-2018 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1150886)

But But Lenny Davis

Lenny Bruce is not afraid.....

wdmso 09-13-2018 04:00 AM

Jim your to funny

Lanny Davis, a former Clinton operative but his last boss was bush????

President George W. Bush appointed Davis to serve as the only Democratic member of the five-member Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, created by the U.S. Congress as part of the 2005 Intelligence Reform Act.

He served as special counsel to the President from 1996 to 1998, during which time he also was the spokesman for Clinton in issues regarding campaign finance investigations and other legal issues, including President Clinton's impeachment trial.[citation needed]