Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weekend PLans (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92461)

JohnR 06-23-2017 07:16 AM

Weekend PLans

Scout Stuff, Fam stuff, and maybe a little pew, pew.

So what's up for the weekend?

bloocrab 06-23-2017 07:48 AM

Probably going to go kill a few fish...:behead:..........the ones' that aren't worth weighing in for the tournament,, I'll take numerous photos with.. post on FB, and then bury them. Does anyone know if it's best to bury them dressed or undressed? The last ones I buried stunk to high hell...I must not be burying them deep enough?? :huh:
Do the innards work good as compost or is it just the flesh/muscle parts?
Unless someone here can use them after my photo-op?
Please let me know

Rockfish9 06-23-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloocrab (Post 1124008)
Probably going to go kill a few fish...:behead:..........the ones' that aren't worth weighing in for the tournament,, I'll take numerous photos with.. post on FB, and then bury them. Does anyone know if it's best to bury them dressed or undressed? The last ones I buried stunk to high hell...I must not be burying them deep enough?? :huh:
Do the innards work good as compost or is it just the flesh/muscle parts?
Unless someone here can use them after my photo-op?
Please let me know

.. first said fish must be dressed in a tuxedo for proper burial.. buried intact... tail first in individual holes so as not to distort the tail so the skeletal remains can be measured in the event the neighbors dog digs them up...proper eye wear must also be administered to said buried fish...polarized shades prefered... holes must be dug so a minimum of 28" of dirt covers the nose of said fish...happy digging/burying...:wave:

on topic... Neighborhood block party tonight... to kick off vacation...

Fishing in the morning... then fishing night tides all week ( next 2 weeks)..of coarse unless the day shift proves more fruitful than the night shift...

MakoMike 06-23-2017 08:26 AM

Nothing much on Saturday, Sunday driving down to Baltimore for the ASMFC advisors' meeting.

bloocrab 06-23-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 1124010)
.....on topic......

:wavey:..........hoping it doesn't thunder in the am...hoping to get out early tomorrow morning, ....then Sunday, rinse and repeat....
I doubt I'll be seeing the Clamman' this time around....possibly heading east

All else fails, I think I'm going to dig out my man purse and hop into the surf somewhere...

Clammer 06-23-2017 11:18 AM

the nest was real empty THERE yesterday ><><>

Rockfish9 06-23-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloocrab (Post 1124015)
:wavey:..........hoping it doesn't thunder in the am...hoping to get out early tomorrow morning, ....then Sunday, rinse and repeat....
I doubt I'll be seeing the Clamman' this time around....possibly heading east

All else fails, I think I'm going to dig out my man purse and hop into the surf somewhere...

Typical NOAA forecast...what we see is what we get...not what they forecast... "scattered" t storms...we'll see.. I'll get up @ 3:30.. if it's thundering.. I'll roll over sleep a little longer ...I've got 2 weeks to fish everyday..no need to become a BBQ the first day...

My plan B is the night tide.

Sounds like you've got a good plan B... catch -em up!

nightfighter 06-23-2017 11:45 AM

Hopefully feeling better. Been coughing and fighting allergy type symptoms and light headed since coming back from Cuttyhunk. Finally got boat launched just yesterday. So fishing is on the docket, though tomorrow AM looks like a washout. Sunday AM is a definite though. Packed up job early today after getting a call saying that OSHA was driving around town inspecting jobsites..... Not that I am in violation, but with my luck they will find a cord in my truck missing the ground prong and fine me $1000.00....
Time to get dialed in on local fishing and keep my ear out for reports off BI.