Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How 'bout them Bees (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97270)

rphud 02-24-2021 07:05 AM

How 'bout them Bees

A pleasure to watch lately, especially Charlie McAvoy from what I have seen. And unfortunately Bergeron looks to be nearing the end of his career. Not sure he up to the long grind, but it is a shortened season. Have to see what he has left in the tank at playoff time.

Hookedagain 02-24-2021 11:26 AM

It is nice to watch as they keep adding to the win column. Some are nail biters but some how pull it off in the 3rd. (or O.T.). I usually get tickets from a friend but this virus is killing that. Let hope it continues.

nightfighter 02-25-2021 02:48 PM

I have been seeing quite a bit of Chara and Krug playing in their new teams' games. While Chara has had a larger impact on his new team, I think the Bruins miss Krug's playmaking more... They are also leaning on Marchand, Tuukka, and Pasta too much too often, too late in the game. That is not a winning formula for playoffs.

piemma 02-25-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1209429)
I have been seeing quite a bit of Chara and Krug playing in their new teams' games. While Chara has had a larger impact on his new team, I think the Bruins miss Krug's playmaking more... They are also leaning on Marchand, Tuukka, and Pasta too much too often, too late in the game. That is not a winning formula for playoffs.

Yeah, very true but better than trying to watch the Celtics. Pathetic is the only appropriate word.

bloocrab 02-25-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

better than trying to watch the Celtics. Pathetic is the only appropriate word.
Pathetic?????? You're being way too kind Paul.... I wanted to throw up during last night's game, total blow-out... the final score doesn't do justice to the beating they got. High School vs. Pro's.... I hope that wasn't retaliation to Wyc, Danny & Brad asking them to step the hell up!!! From one extreme to the next.

Quote:

... too late in the game. That is not a winning formula for playoffs...
That seems to happen way too often with the Bruins.... Unfortunately, it's not basketball, you're not going to score multiple goals in the last 2 minutes......albeit they did that a few games ago, pushing it into OT, which was exciting...but those are far and few.

What do the Sox have in store for us??? Time will tell...

Hookedagain 02-26-2021 06:34 AM

It was tough to watch until the end for sure. Absolutely no back checking at all, soft in the offensive zone as well. They couldn't hold the puck in the zone for more than a few seconds and quality shots were nonexistent. Is it baseball season yet?

bloocrab 02-26-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookedagain (Post 1209440)
It was tough to watch until the end for sure. Absolutely no back checking at all, soft in the offensive zone as well. They couldn't hold the puck in the zone for more than a few seconds and quality shots were nonexistent. Is it baseball season yet?

If you're talking about last night's game....:cens::crying: wtf???
Was that 4 goals in like 4 minutes? Seems like the Islanders have their number this season... I felt bad for Halak last night, a few of those were on the Defense...allowing guys in/near the crease for too long, rebounds, etc... hurtful to watch it was.

redlite 02-26-2021 09:42 PM

Good win tonite
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device