Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Class trip cancelled... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=44947)

FishermanTim 11-14-2007 01:23 PM

Class trip cancelled...

I believe the school is located in Winchester, MA
The story about the class trip to se "Miracle on 34th Street" was cancelled by the scholl principle.
I heard his explanation, and it's total bullsh**.
This joke of an educator says that the story doesn't fall into the realm of the school criteria, yet during the broadcast clip you can plainly see Halloween decorations in the classroom. How the hell are these part of the school's teaching criteria if Santa isn't?
On top of that, his hasn't stopped another class trip to see "A Christmas Carol". I wish this clown would be a little less hypocritical.
This principal needs to take his head out of his a$$ and stop being a wussy. As a co-worker has been known to say:"Hitch up your skirt Sally, and be a man!"

BigFish 11-14-2007 04:35 PM

I was just going to post a thread about this!!! People just can't help but SUCK!!!! They just suck all the fun out of everything!!! This politically correct crap needs to end!! Soon we will all be living in germ free tubes with nothing to read, nothing to watch and nothing to say.....because it "offends" someone!!!!!:wall::wall::wall::wall:

The Dad Fisherman 11-14-2007 04:59 PM

You guys got a link to this story?

OX 11-14-2007 05:05 PM

Up the Revolution!http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...icleid=1044548

Jimbo 11-14-2007 05:43 PM

What I don't understand is when going on a class trip had to relate to the school curriculum. Usually it's more a reward or incentive for the kids. I wonder what the principal would have thought about my daughter's 8th grade trip to see Wicked. Sounds like some ball busting parents just found something to spout off about and the principal probably didn't have many options. Too bad for the kids, but I bet they find them something equally as entertaining.

gone fishin 11-14-2007 08:38 PM

just plain bull%$%$%$%$ -- P O L I T I C S -- everyone is afraid of what someone will say. Isn't that the same town that disallowed the manger to be displayed? :wall:

thortum 11-14-2007 09:57 PM

If one of those kids was mine, I'd send [no bring] in a note to excuse my child from school that day, because we were going to see the show as previously planned, and I'd try to find some other parents to join me. :lurk:

The Dad Fisherman 11-15-2007 08:32 AM

I bet it was the Meisterbergers who complained. Bastards!!!

When did Santa become a Criminal??

RIJIMMY 11-15-2007 09:10 AM

Been listening to Michael Graham on WTKK abnout this every moring. Just imagine....

A school in Alabama stops 7th graders going to see "To Kill a Mockingbird" because its controversial. Or Fiddler on the Roof, because "everyone does not share those religius ideals. the Libs would be goign insane calling the school racist, and intolerant.

but appartnley its ok to be intolerant and anti-diverse when its santa claus. F'in insane
Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson, ACLU? Where are you now?

Bronko 11-15-2007 11:24 AM

The sissification of America. The early education setting is the battleground.....

No:

Christmas
God
Santa
American Flags
Clothing with flags
National Anthems
Pledge of Allegiance
Dodgeball
Touch Football
Tag
Soccer
Competitive sports

Compare the above with what the Greatest Generation or with how you grew up. Draw your own conclusions as to where we are headed.

RIJIMMY 11-15-2007 11:38 AM

side topic, my daughter started kindergarten this year and came home one day and siad Daddy i want you to hear a song we sing every morning,

She started singing "My country tis of thee" I hadnt heard that song in years and got tears in my eyes, it was too beautiful.

The Dad Fisherman 11-15-2007 11:59 AM

I was talking to my wife last night and I guess my daughter got a "Penalty" in Gym...........because she threw the Ball above the waist while they were playing Dodge Ball.......WTF.....Its dodge ball where else are you supposed to throw the damn ball, isn't part of the game to catch the ball, how's that supposed to happen if its below the waist.

When I was a kid any, and I mean any, part of the body was fair game. and I survived.

We're raising a generation of pussies

Karl F 11-15-2007 12:12 PM

PC lifestyle....

anbody catch 60 minutes on Sunday?...
the milenium generation..... companies are having to retrain managers, hire "coaches".. offer "nap rooms"...
one lady said, "This is a generation coming into the work force, that doesn't know how to cut the lawn.. never had to be on a loosing team, always got it's way... they have decided not to have any loyalty to their jobs, only loyal to their friends, and "lifestyle". If they do not like the job offered, or pay, or hours, and god forbid overtime or weekends, they will leave without notice.
We, (the boomer generation), are the ones that have to change"

WTF? :doh:

so.. because they were coddled... the company owners, and managers, and older workers... have to change...or just pick up the slack??? :doh:

another item, on the long list, of why this country is swirling down the toilet.....

FishermanTim 11-15-2007 12:37 PM

Here's 2 things I just thought after reading a few of the posts for this thread.

1.) Since the schools are restricting the activities of the kids to the point that they will be repremanded for "running", why not turn around and sue your school and school system for promoting/instilling a sedentary lifestyle for your kids?
The kids are told not to run and play as kids would "normally" do. They have to put so much time in preparing for the MCAS testing, they don't have time for physical activity they so desparately need for normal development.

2.) If companies enforced a policy that stated "If you leave the company (voluntarily/unvoluntarilt) prior to xxxx date (after date of hire) you will required to reimburse the company for time spend training you and your replacement. Then thy would have to fully enforce it! It pisses me off seeing so-called college grads hop-scotch from job to job. They'll come in, usually at entry level, stay for the "probationary" period, and then start job hopping. My current employer has a 12 month probationary period. It's hard to instill a sense of loyalty when people "jump ship" when they get a whiff of a better offer elsewhere. I figure that if I stick with it for another 20+ years, I can retire and enjoy myself.

stripersnipr 11-15-2007 12:49 PM

I heard this one the other day, but can't remember the school system. All "unathourized chase games" will no longer be allowed. When questioned what exactly that was they admitted it was "Tag". Where are these whackjobs coming from?

chris L 11-15-2007 01:49 PM

the do gooders in the country make me want to move to RUSSIA and :yak6::yak6::yak6::yak6::yak6::yak6:

my daughters soccer team had a 3 way tie for champion this year . what is a 3 way tie ? cant team one play the winner of the game between team 2 and 3 ? the coach said they didnt want anyone to be disappointed . WELL I was !!!
If one of the players falls on the ground ( clumsy ) every one takes a knee . sad very sad
I hope all wars stop cause with this kind of teaching aruba will invade and concur the US when these pampered kids are war age .

RIJIMMY 11-15-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 540311)
I heard this one the other day, but can't remember the school system. All "unathourized chase games" will no longer be allowed. When questioned what exactly that was they admitted it was "Tag". Where are these whackjobs coming from?

North Attleboro MA
Some kids kids tagged to easily and feel "hurt" when playing the game. the real world is going to be a shocker.
Truthfully, I am not worried as a parent. I raise and educate my kids and school to me is only for math and science. I know more about music than any teacher they will ever have. I will teach them art, music, values, nature, and the outdoors.

Slick Moedee 11-15-2007 03:03 PM

Have you seen the instances where kids are getting detention these days for hugging their friends. We're not talking a couple of teenagers falling victim to the horomones, but youg kids. All due to a fear of schools being held liable of sexual harassment.

At some point this wave has got to crash.

BigFish 11-15-2007 03:08 PM

Karl I could not agree with you more!! Wish I saw that 60 minutes!!:wall:

rivsie11 11-15-2007 03:17 PM

Strange, usually Spence has jumped in by now. :tooth:

stripersnipr 11-15-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivsie11 (Post 540361)
Strange, usually Spence has jumped in by now. :tooth:

I'm sure he agrees with us. :poke:

Mike P 11-15-2007 03:59 PM

The government can't run the freaking Registry of Motor Vehicles efficiently.

Why do people think it can do a good job educating their kids? :doh: :hs: :wall:

stripersnipr 11-15-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 540373)
The government can't run the freaking Registry of Motor Vehicles efficiently.

Why do people think it can do a good job educating their kids? :doh: :hs: :wall:

And meanwhile we have about half the country begging for increased Nanny-state programs. Makes you wonder if a re-unified country is even possible.

Andy D 11-15-2007 04:21 PM

I thought this country was founded on FREEDOM of speach, religon ect. for All people. If you don't reconize certain holidays fine I have no problem with that , just don't tell me I can't put up a christmas
tree or decorate my house. I just wish for once a politician or another person of authority would tell these people to eat chit and bark at the moon. I have just as much right to observe and or worship as I please. If my tree or decorations offend you too bad don't look at it. If you don't think a feild trip to a play that deals with x-mas theme is apropriate then don't let your kid participate. The problem is mommy and daddy don't have the jewels to tell their child that they are not allowed to go. It's easier to ruin it for everyone else.

Bronko 11-15-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 540286)
The sissification of America. The early education setting is the battleground.....

No:

Christmas
God
Santa
American Flags
Clothing with flags
National Anthems
Pledge of Allegiance
Dodgeball
Touch Football
Tag
Soccer
Competitive sports

Compare the above with what the Greatest Generation or with how you grew up. Draw your own conclusions as to where we are headed.

By the way, just for a little fun take a look at all the stuff that has been removed or things people are fighting to remove......

Then imagine what would happen if you were ever to try to remove something. Let's say your child felt uncomfortable due to a rainbow sticker from a gay student's book bag. How about the size and location of a Kwanza poster in the school lobby. God forbid if you ever questioned the necessity of an elementary school sex-ed class.

stripersnipr 11-15-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 540385)
By the way, just for a little fun take a look at all the stuff that has been removed or things people are fighting to remove......

Then imagine what would happen if you were ever to try to remove something. Let's say your child felt uncomfortable due to a rainbow sticker from a gay student's book bag. How about the size and location of a Kwanza poster in the school lobby. God forbid if you ever questioned the necessity of an elementary school sex-ed class.

Santa - Bad
Gay Day - Good

Manger - Bad
Condom on Banana - Good

feel free to add.

Swimmer 11-17-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX (Post 540103)

Not out of the question............maybe just a low-key event.