Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Panama papers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=90374)

Nebe 04-04-2016 08:40 PM

Panama papers

Pretty interesting. I wonder what Americans we know are involved in this tax fraud issue.

Look who called this in 2011.

http://youtu.be/LrsI0Sw2hq8

Raven 04-05-2016 05:20 PM

i thought of panama red papers oopsy

ecduzitgood 04-05-2016 05:39 PM

You probably don't realize Obama and Hillary pushed the FTA to be passed even though they were warned about the potential of money laundering if it passed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 04-06-2016 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1098175)
You probably don't realize Obama and Hillary pushed the FTA to be passed even though they were warned about the potential of money laundering if it passed.

Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pushed for a Bush administration-negotiated free trade agreement And Congress ratifying the pact,

There all in on it but the working class are the only Americans paying the Taxes we owe ... funny how that works

buckman 04-06-2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1098193)
Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pushed for a Bush administration-negotiated free trade agreement And Congress ratifying the pact,

There all in on it but the working class are the only Americans paying the Taxes we owe ... funny how that works

I would be shocked if the Clinton's are not involved in this but more shocked if the Bush's are .
This has the very real potential of being the biggest story in a very long time . A lot of very wealthy people are very worried .

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 06:32 AM

It took down the PM of Iceland already.

Nebe 04-06-2016 07:42 AM

greed is a powerful force

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098207)
greed is a powerful force

That's another reason for secure borders.

Nebe 04-06-2016 09:51 AM

Secure borders? Sure. How about ending Citizens United and tax loopholes that the super rich use to dodge taxes so the lower and middle class don't have to shoulder the weight of the tax burden ?

Yeah... Let's blame Mexican immigrants for stealing all the landscaping jobs. :rolleyes:

buckman 04-06-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098220)
Secure borders? Sure. How about ending Citizens United and tax loopholes that the super rich use to dodge taxes so the lower and middle class don't have to shoulder the weight of the tax burden ?

Yeah... Let's blame Mexican immigrants for stealing all the landscaping jobs. :rolleyes:

Ok how about we stop immigrants that come to our country , collect benefits , Pay no taxes , and send the cash money they make back home? I work in the trades. I know often it happens

FishermanTim 04-06-2016 10:46 AM

Check out the Western Union (or money wiring equivalent) on Welfare payday and see how many people are sending money back home? (sometimes the same people whip out the EBT card to pay for their groceries and drive away in a Lexus or Mercedes!

Nebe 04-06-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098225)
Ok how about we stop immigrants that come to our country , collect benefits , Pay no taxes , and send the cash money they make back home? I work in the trades. I know often it happens

The cash drain from Corperate tax dodging far outweighs what you are talking about.. But this is how the GOP propaganda machine works. The super rich telling the not so rich to tell the even less rich that they are as rich as they are ever going to be and that the reason for that is because of the poor who are trying to survive.

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098232)
The cash drain from Corperate tax dodging far outweighs what you are talking about.. But this is how the GOP propaganda machine works. The super rich telling the not so rich to tell the even less rich that they are as rich as they are ever going to be and that the reason for that is because of the poor who are trying to survive.

So, how about not ignoring one due to the other. I say go after the law breakers first. The ones that are a burden to OUR children learning. The coporations aren't going around killing, raping, and robbing our citizens. That seems like a pretty important issue to me.
And they do keep wages down which ironically the corporations benifit from also.

Nebe 04-06-2016 11:39 AM

Who's ignoring immigration ?

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098236)
Who's ignoring immigration ?

The people who don't see illegal immigration as a problem. I doubt the impact of more than 11 million people on society is lower than what ever loopholes corporations use legally. Besides the Democrats allow for the same loopholes since if they wanted to do something about then the would have. Let's not forget the Democrats helped create these Panama Papers.

spence 04-06-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1098237)
The people who don't see illegal immigration as a problem. I doubt the impact of more than 11 million people on society is lower than what ever loopholes corporations use legally. Besides the Democrats allow for the same loopholes since if they wanted to do something about then the would have. Let's not forget the Democrats helped create these Panama Papers.

I love it, blame dems for a republican led policy over the law evaders and hackers.

When asked why we're not seeing Americans show up in this leak, one expert's response was that there are so many options they don't need to go to Panama.

The policy didn't create the problem, it just gave it an alternative place to hide.

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098239)
I love it, blame dems for a republican led policy over the law evaders and hackers.

When asked why we're not seeing Americans show up in this leak, one expert's response was that there are so many options they don't need to go to Panama.

The policy didn't create the problem, it just gave it an alternative place to hide.

Let's just go with okay since I get sick on carnival rides. Now how about the illegals, which once again seems to be "missing" on your side of the conversation.

spence 04-06-2016 12:57 PM

Did you ask me a question?

Nebe 04-06-2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1098241)
Let's just go with okay since I get sick on carnival rides. Now how about the illegals, which once again seems to be "missing" on your side of the conversation.

The illegals that are usually hired by small business owners who almost always vote republican ? :rotfl:

buckman 04-06-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098239)

The leak came from a company that is only the fourth largest company that deals in offshore accounts and from what I have read there are many many Americans that are involved in this leak .

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1098243)
The illegals that are usually hired by small business owners who almost always vote republican ? :rotfl:

Tell that to the folks at Tyson Foods.

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098242)
Did you ask me a question?

No but since you hoped in I noticed you a dress one issue only and neglect to acknowledge the illegals and the harm they cause.

basswipe 04-06-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1098173)
i thought of panama red papers oopsy

I thought of Panama red in a paper twisted up nice and fine.Can't wait for the Columbian papers,gold was the standard back in the day.

spence 04-06-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1098253)
No but since you hoped in I noticed you a dress one issue only and neglect to acknowledge the illegals and the harm they cause.

It's why we need comprehensive reform. Illegals cause some harm for sure but also are an asset in many ways.

buckman 04-06-2016 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098258)
It's why we need comprehensive reform. Illegals cause some harm for sure but also are an asset in many ways.

An asset they otherwise wouldn't be if they migrated here legally ?

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 05:16 PM

An asset for the Democratic gerrymandering. Look at the classrooms, courtrooms and emergency rooms which we all pay for.

spence 04-06-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1098262)
An asset they otherwise wouldn't be if they migrated here legally ?

It's not that simple.

spence 04-06-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1098263)
An asset for the Democratic gerrymandering. Look at the classrooms, courtrooms and emergency rooms which we all pay for.

And that roof your neighbor just had installed and that lettuce in your salad and that clean hotel room you just slept in.

ecduzitgood 04-06-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1098266)
And that roof your neighbor just had installed and that lettuce in your salad and that clean hotel room you just slept in.

All of those jobs could be American jobs I know, I have seen them. Just can't wait for the Chappaqua papers ;)

spence 04-06-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1098267)
All of those jobs could be American jobs I know, I have seen them. Just can't wait for the Chappaqua papers ;)

Roofing perhaps but people still benefit. Fact is most Americans don't want to pick lettuce or clean rooms. Not at that wage. So many business owners complain they can't get enough help.