Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weekend Plans (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96672)

JohnR 07-10-2020 07:21 AM

Weekend Plans

Work and hopefully play

So what's up for the weekend?

Rockfish9 07-10-2020 07:45 AM

it's looking like tropical storm Faye will put a damper on running the inlet tomorrow,so, Ill do a little fish tank maintenance, do a little "brewery" maintenance , bottle an oatmeal stout I've got aging, and transfer 2 different brews from fermenters to carboys. and in the afternoon take a trip to Jaspers home brew in Nashua N.H.

Ill run Pots Sunday if the ocean isn't TOO angry..either way I'll grill and chill, drink a home brew ( or 2) and get ready for the week...

The Dad Fisherman 07-10-2020 09:37 AM

Heading down to Baltimore to help my daughter move, I’m sure there will be a couple of beverages involved
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Got Stripers 07-10-2020 09:47 AM

Watch the rain and some golf.

piemma 07-10-2020 12:53 PM

Been a crazy week at FCC. Gonna kick back this weekend.

Pete F. 07-10-2020 01:10 PM

Member member and it looks like it will be in the rain

Hookedagain 07-10-2020 04:38 PM

First weekend of the boys tournament baseball season and its supposed to rain, hopefully we can get some games in. Otherwise we sit in the camper and listen to the rain.

Sea Dangles 07-10-2020 05:55 PM

11# flat cut brisket smoking under a shower of pork belly fat.
Fight island🍺

Higgie 07-10-2020 06:09 PM

Member guest at the Fox so working. Golf rounds are way up this year. Taking wife and dog out on the boat Sunday. Chris what’s your preferred rub and method for the brisket. I got a 7lber From a farm here in Norfolk just need a full day to smoke it. Last one I did I rubbed in a mustard rub then a seasoning over the top 8 hours on low wrapped than an extra 2 hours

Rockfish9 07-10-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1196710)
11# flat cut brisket smoking under a shower of pork belly fat.
Fight island🍺

I like the way you roll!

Rockfish9 07-10-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgie (Post 1196712)
Member guest at the Fox so working. Golf rounds are way up this year. Taking wife and dog out on the boat Sunday. Chris what’s your preferred rub and method for the brisket. I got a 7lber From a farm here in Norfolk just need a full day to smoke it. Last one I did I rubbed in a mustard rub then a seasoning over the top 8 hours on low wrapped than an extra 2 hours

Again..
Like your style😄

Sea Dangles 07-10-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgie (Post 1196712)

I have had it in a bath of beef broth, Nor’easter Beef rub and apricot juice. Now just s&p and soon onto the wsm at 375 til done...

Had one at EagleBrook today.!

nightfighter 07-11-2020 05:24 AM

Well, TS Faye was a flop locally, as the street is not even totally wet... So some AM watering followed by last small details and touching up bottom paint on the boat. Hopefully get her floating tomorrow early, or Monday depending on tide and my brother's availability to drive trailer home... The 21 month dry dock is coming to an end! With afternoon heat index forecast in the mid 90's, I will gladly write up some invoices from past week, while enjoying the office AC.

Higgie 07-11-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1196719)
I have had it in a bath of beef broth, Nor’easter Beef rub and apricot juice. Now just s&p and soon onto the wsm at 375 til done...

Had one at EagleBrook today.!

Love the brook!! If your in the area Again Parker’s pub the old Doyle’s has wings down to a science. Just grabbed a corned beef to throw in the masterbuilt gravity 560 so I can make Reuben sandwiches for lunches for the week this smoker has been a game changer

Rockfish9 07-11-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1196730)
Well, TS Faye was a flop locally, as the street is not even totally wet... So some AM watering followed by last small details and touching up bottom paint on the boat. Hopefully get her floating tomorrow early, or Monday depending on tide and my brother's availability to drive trailer home... The 21 month dry dock is coming to an end! With afternoon heat index forecast in the mid 90's, I will gladly write up some invoices from past week, while enjoying the office AC.

She sure was... had to water the garden...got my upgrades done... alarm set for 3:15..I'll run my pits before that sun gets to baking.

Guppy 07-12-2020 05:40 AM

New machine

Power wash, deck, railings, front of house, garage end, boat and anything else that looks dirty

Prep for fish in between wind....

nightfighter 07-12-2020 07:10 AM

Well, another three day delay for launching. Still have electrical gremlins. Batteries weren't holding charge, so replaced them. Put in new fuel gauge, have power, but not working. So must be bad sending unit that I replaced. New one here Tuesday. And two weeks ago I thought I was going to get out of this with only replacing two trailer tires, zincs and water pump.... But she looks good. Going to use some 5200 to fill all the holes left where I removed hardware and cushion snaps. Was considering repairing some bubbling on the engine cover, but going to make that a winter project and repaint as well.

Got Stripers 07-12-2020 07:13 AM

Ross I remember that pain and while there are days I wish I still had one, I don’t miss dealing with the never ending issues.

piemma 07-13-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1196807)
Ross I remember that pain and while there are days I wish I still had one, I don’t miss dialed with the never ending issues.

DITTO!!!

Clammer 07-13-2020 12:58 PM

you guys are killing me ..I don,t miss it ……...Bob you went to a Yak so that,s different ,you still get on the water ><><:fishin:

I,m not like I was .but its more a physical issue than a boat issue ..,:lurk:

Got Stripers 07-13-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1196869)
you guys are killing me ..I don,t miss it ……...Bob you went to a Yak so that,s different ,you still get on the water ><><:fishin:

Seriously don’t miss it because I’d rather be walking a golf course than fishing these days, especially with the decline of the stripers. Now if twenty years ago they not only made them a game fish, but eliminated fishing inside the breeding areas, with trophy fishing abundant; might have rethought getting out of the boating game. Now it’s spring sea bass easily accessed by kayak, tog in the fall, with the occasional boat trip on a friends boat.

piemma 07-13-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1196869)

Mike, I respect the hell out of you for keeping at it but it's not there for me anymore. 100+ night a year in the surf for 35 years and then another 100+ nights on my boat for 7 years, I'm done. No more big fish and I don't want any part of hurting what's left. As Bob said, I'd rather be walking the golf course.

Sea Dangles 07-13-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1196878)
Mike, I respect the hell out of you for keeping at it but it's not there for me anymore. 100+ night a year in the surf for 35 years and then another 100+ nights on my boat for 7 years, I'm done. No more big fish and I don't want any part of hurting what's left. As Bob said, I'd rather be walking the golf course.

It’s too bad you never got a passion for any saltwater fishing other than the mighty striped bass Paul. I no longer target the species but certainly enjoy the sport of angling regardless of stripes.

Guppy 07-13-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1196882)
It’s too bad you never got a passion for any saltwater fishing other than the mighty striped bass Paul. I no longer target the species but certainly enjoy the sport of angling regardless of stripes.

Amen brother.... :-)
Buy a trailer ( 2 ton flat bed ? ) and I’ll pull it.... LOL

Clammer 07-13-2020 06:25 PM

Sea Dangles is correct

there are a lot of ways to fish & fish other species ……….personally Tautog are great fighters ,
matter of fact all fishing is fun .its how you go about it >>

bluefish excluded :nailem:

Got Stripers 07-13-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1196894)
Sea Dangles is correct

there are a lot of ways to fish & fish other species ……….personally Tautog are great fighters ,
matter of fact all fishing is fun .its how you go about it >>

bluefish excluded :nailem:

Lb for lb I agree tog are the smallmouth bass of the salt and I love to target them in the fall, in fact I still have a couple vacuum sealer bags from late October.

Sea Dangles 07-13-2020 07:40 PM

🤮

piemma 07-14-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1196882)

Chris, I agree! But, it is what it is.

afterhours 07-14-2020 07:04 AM

Quote:

Ross I remember that pain and while there are days I wish I still had one, I don’t miss dealing with the never ending issues.

Been there done that a few times and am seriously thinking about doing it again in no hurry but i'm keeping an eye open for the the right one.

Guppy 07-14-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

I could write a book... if I could spell...:nailem: