Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Website Discussion - What's Broke, What's Not, and How to Do It (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Beer section (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=62022)

spence 07-03-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn (Post 777796)
oh yeah and this may be too late because it came out a while ago but if you come across the 100 Barrel Oyster stout you MUST grab it (for me, thanks LOL)

I believe Alan's in Portsmouth still has some, and yes, it's fantastic.

-spence
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven 07-03-2010 08:54 AM

[size=1][i]Posted from my computer

that sounds good....i wonder if it has other desired effects...lol

SurfCaster413 07-03-2010 05:09 PM

Blue Moon and New castle my two favorites

JackK 07-23-2010 10:10 AM

A friend of mine sent me this... Had to share. World's strongest, most expensive beer.

It's the World's Strongest, Most Expensive Beer -- Inside a Squirrel - Asylum.com

PRBuzz 07-23-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackK (Post 783292)
A friend of mine sent me this... Had to share. World's strongest, most expensive beer.

It's the World's Strongest, Most Expensive Beer -- Inside a Squirrel - Asylum.com

I've got a few squirrels they can use. They just stripped my sun flowers of blooms/seeds!

basswipe 07-23-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackK (Post 783292)

Only 12 bottles were made.

Why on Earth would anyone want to drink 110 proof beer?

spence 07-23-2010 05:21 PM

That's not beer.

spence 07-24-2010 07:54 PM

Ahhh, just cracked a Chimay Grande Reserve.

-spence

Nebe 07-24-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 783606)
Ahhh, just cracked a Chimay Grande Reserve.

-spence

oh you suck. :drool:

PRBuzz 08-11-2010 07:57 PM

Anyone do Ocktoberfest?

sexy oktoberfest girls theCHIVE

spence 08-11-2010 08:39 PM

Never been there in person, I've heard it's pretty cheesy these days and expensive, but Redlefson's in Bristol generally has really excellent German beer on tap...the best around.

Good food as well.

-spence

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 787451)
Anyone do Ocktoberfest?

sexy oktoberfest girls theCHIVE

fishbones 08-18-2010 03:10 PM

They actually took the time to study this?

The Body Odd - 'Beer goggles' fog up sexual signals

O.D. Mike 08-19-2010 12:59 PM

I must say my favorite beer is Ocktoberfest, Wachusett or Sammy... I will try others also!

JohnnySaxatilis 08-19-2010 07:51 PM

How bout me. Just found 12 packs of cisco brewery whales tail pale ale in my local liquor store. there is a god.... and he is good. For those of you who have never been to cisco brewery on nantucket, i dont even know what to say, thats how awesome it is

spence 08-19-2010 08:18 PM

I always thought their brew was pretty good, but the Whale's Tail I tried in the can really was lame. Perhaps a bad batch...

-spence

JohnnySaxatilis 08-20-2010 10:44 AM

ya know, right as i posted that I took a sip........ and i kinda have to agree with you.... it was kinda flat and skunky...... bummer. I was so excited too

basswipe 08-21-2010 06:31 AM

Whale's Tale did nothing for me.Can't wait for the UFO Pale Ale to be back on the shelves.

Sam Adam's Pale Ale isn't to bad.I've had better but I've certainly had worse.

O.D. Mike 10-01-2010 06:54 PM

Man I love Sam Adams October fest.....

Strike_King 10-02-2010 05:47 AM

Had some Southern Tier Imperial Pumking last night. Best pumpkin ale I've had IMO. And I've tried quite a few of them. 9%ABV..

basswipe 10-02-2010 07:24 AM

UFO Pale Ale is back!!!

JohnnySaxatilis 10-02-2010 12:38 PM

im in england right now. and all the beer tastes flat lol. the pubs have pumps instead of the beer coming out with pressurized whatever the hell. the beer tastes all stale. but its kinda cool drinking a pint in a pub thats been there for 500 years

JohnR 10-04-2010 05:10 PM

Yep, great to drink a good German beer in a 2000 year old town ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis (Post 799366)
im in england right now. and all the beer tastes flat lol. the pubs have pumps instead of the beer coming out with pressurized whatever the hell. the beer tastes all stale. but its kinda cool drinking a pint in a pub thats been there for 500 years

harritchate 10-07-2010 07:53 PM

Follow Strike Kings advice and drink Southern Tier- some of the best craft beers around.... their Imperial Chocolate Stout is insane

Strike_King 10-08-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harritchate (Post 800593)
Follow Strike Kings advice and drink Southern Tier- some of the best craft beers around.... their Imperial Chocolate Stout is insane

Glad you like..They make some incredible brews. If you can find them, try them...

spence 10-09-2010 08:21 AM

Southern Tier is good, although I'm not a fan of their big pumpkin beer.

For readily available micro in a six pack, Victory is hard to beat. Rogue is also excellent.

-spence

Jenn 10-09-2010 08:45 AM

After I discovered Dogfish Punkin I have a hard time with other Pumpkin Ales. Some are good ... but nothin seems to quite come close.

Any Unibroue fans? I scored a few bottles of Quelque Chose a few months back. Last week I tried it hot and in a mug.....OMFG is all I am going to say!

JohnnySaxatilis 10-09-2010 09:35 AM

magic hat octoberfest. yummm had it the other day at the yard house in dedham place. great place for micro's tons of taps. 200 allegedly from what my co-worker just said

spence 10-09-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn (Post 801004)
After I discovered Dogfish Punkin I have a hard time with other Pumpkin Ales. Some are good ... but nothin seems to quite come close.

Any Unibroue fans? I scored a few bottles of Quelque Chose a few months back. Last week I tried it hot and in a mug.....OMFG is all I am going to say!

Dogfish pumpkin is one of my favs. Most of their beers are excellent, if a bit on the malty side.

I've been a Unibroue fan for a long time, even have some of their glasses with the decal completely worn off. I know...that's pretty profound :hihi:

Perhaps the only North American brewery who can consistently brew a Belgian inspired product.

-spence

harritchate 10-14-2010 10:14 PM

i have now been on a pumpkin beer kick and luckily my little lady brought home a mixed six of pumpkin brews. southern tier, dogfish head, post road, etc and the big surprise which i cant wait to taste woodchuck pumpin cider...

I enjoy many types of beers and many different styles of brewing but I just cannot get into a true belgian style beer... does not agree with me

Nebe 10-14-2010 10:25 PM

Murpheys stout has been my October beer