Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   ecduzitgood shines in first yak outing... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=72513)

Tagger 07-30-2011 12:20 PM

ecduzitgood shines in first yak outing...

3 Attachment(s)
First 5 minutes in the salt and we have you peddling through Hull gut against the tide . I thought it might take a while for you to get comfortable in the yak but every time I looked over you were standing up in it . I thought you might want to hug shore but next thing I know your on the other side of the channel in a boat parade ,. Great outing Edzo , Bad Larry and Angie .,good times ..

Tagger 07-30-2011 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
see ya's on the next one ..

BigFish 07-30-2011 01:26 PM

Thanks Tagger! Yeah Ecduzitgood was the man today! Great trip as usual.....boat guys suck or what!!!:uhuh: Glad you could make it Ecduzitgood/Ed! Hope you make many more "Scrambles"......welcome to the "Yak Rats"!:)

ecduzitgood 07-30-2011 01:34 PM

Thank you!!!!

Absolutely a fantastic time with very warm and welcoming folks. I can't begin to put into words how thrilled I was being included. Bigfish, Fishchick and of course Tagger all made me feel very comfortable on my first Ocean voyage, and they made it look soooo easy. I had a heck of a time trying to keep up with them and learned my first lesson: Just because the PA can handle the weight it is not a great idea to bring so much stuff, it really slows you down. The two guys fishing off the beach were probably laughing their arses off watching me peddle and barely make progress after seeing the three of you speed demons ;) go right by. I was afraid I would have to go to the beach and then walk it around the corner, but I just kept saying to myself I know I can, I know I can mixed with you can do it. Had to be the weight slowing me down, I felt like I was in first gear and the others were in 10th, then I noticed about a half hour later that my rudder wasn't all the way down either:wall:. I wish I had gotten a yak years ago, it was fantastic, might even be better than sex. I say might because my memory isn't that good.

Once again Thank you Tagger for giving me the courage to make the journey! What a great time with great folks

:thanks:

A special Thanks to BigBo for parting with the PA and giving me the opportunity to such a great time, which I am sure there will be many more to follow. :btu:

iamskippy 07-30-2011 01:55 PM

so did bigfish break his skunk?

striperman36 07-30-2011 02:02 PM

Battlewagon edcuzitgood!!! USS Bismarck

tysdad115 07-30-2011 04:13 PM

Way to go Ed, christened her properly on the maiden voyage. You were with a group of experienced people, good choice for a first mission.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigBo 07-30-2011 05:03 PM

Nice christening Ed. :uhuh:

bart 07-31-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 875535)
so did bigfish break his skunk?

I was wondering the same :fishin:................

mag minnow 07-31-2011 11:25 AM

Congrats Ed! Nice job on those Bass...:uhuh:

O.D. Mike 07-31-2011 08:26 PM

Great job Ed!!!! More fish to come false albacore, bonito and tuna!!!!!

Rockport24 08-01-2011 09:19 AM

Nice job! Looks like a great time. The Yak Rats are awesome aren't they?