Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Climate Change (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95117)

Got Stripers 05-14-2019 02:32 PM

Climate Change

CO2 levels are now at levels not seen for 3 million years, a lot are saying the new green deal is crazy, what will be crazy is how bad this will be for everyone on the planet if it continues.

I don’t worry about the changes I might see in my time left, but I do worry about what my kids and their children will be dealing with.

wdmso 05-15-2019 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1167271)
CO2 levels are now at levels not seen for 3 million years, a lot are saying the new green deal is crazy, what will be crazy is how bad this will be for everyone on the planet if it continues.

I don’t worry about the changes I might see in my time left, but I do worry about what my kids and their children will be dealing with.

the green new deal is like 14 pages long... its an outline not policy but as usual the right has lied about what is actual is it .. turning it to something that it clearly isn't:kewl:

scottw 05-15-2019 04:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1167290)
the green new deal is like 14 pages long... its an outline not policy but as usual the right has lied about what is actual is it .. turning it to something that it clearly isn't:kewl:

this is like... hilarious

Got Stripers 05-15-2019 07:21 AM

Was 85 degrees in Russia this week just south of the arctic. If the trend continues some of those sci-fi movies predictions might not be to far off the mark in a couple decades. Consider if these huge weather disasters suddenly double or triple in yearly frequency, you think that cost is going to be easily absorbed, they will be passed on to everyone.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles 05-15-2019 07:40 AM

Conversely,it was snowing in the Berkshires on Sunday.

Got Stripers 05-15-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1167298)
Conversely,it was snowing in the Berkshires on Sunday.

Exactly weather extremes are the new norm, global warming doesn’t mean everywhere is warmer all the time, but it will mean extremes are more likely.

Sea Dangles 05-15-2019 08:53 AM

Climate change is real

The Dad Fisherman 05-15-2019 09:00 AM

I'm still wondering how they KNOW what the CO2 levels were 3,000,000 years ago. "Know" being the key word

detbuch 05-15-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1167304)
I'm still wondering how they KNOW what the CO2 levels were 3,000,000 years ago. "Know" being the key word

And how did that happen without humans burning fossil fuels. And why did it get better. And what are all the other myriad and unknown parameters that caused it all, and are those the same parameters that exist today. And could it all revert back to those conditions after millions of years of changes in the planet and the solar system and the universe.

detbuch 05-15-2019 09:37 AM

Lots of articles on earth being in a phase of CO2 starvation. Google for insight.

PaulS 05-15-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1167304)

I think from the ice samples????

wdmso 05-15-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1167307)

shhhs stop applying science

The Dad Fisherman 05-15-2019 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Things that make you go hmmm.....

http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/virtualmu...ge2/07_1.shtml

The Dad Fisherman 05-15-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1167307)

Actually, they don't "Know", they are guessing. Here's the study that they based the articles on.They are using computer simulations to come up with what they think has happened over time.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-mct040319.php

They haven't perfected computer simulations that can acurately predict the track of a hurricane or the amount of snowfall we are going to get. But we are supposed to believe that they can acurately predict air quality befor man roamed the earth.

Problem with some people (not you) is is that they lack the the abilty to understand basic english...or sarcasm. And they think they are smarter than they actually are.

PaulS 05-15-2019 10:32 AM

https://skepticalscience.com/co2-lev...increasing.htm

Might have something on it here.

Got Stripers 05-15-2019 02:50 PM

A lot of science is based on samples from ice, core samples, fossils trapped in volcanic flows or ash and obviously some guesswork based on what the earth was like back then. Even if you aren't going to buy into the latest warnings, sea levels rising is real and can't be denied and the ice shields are shrinking by an alarming rate.

Those changes make a big difference each time a major hurricane makes landfall. The temperatures of the ocean, currents changing, it's all going to have a major impact; which is why so many coastal cities have been force to change building codes due to anticipated flooding not seen in the past. Look at a lot of the southern fish species more and more are catching up north, things are changing quickly; man better be capable of quick change too.

Raider Ronnie 05-16-2019 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1167271)

You and your kids should start partying hard because the world is going to end in 12 years accept for those who live at the Tippy Top of the world ☝️

Got Stripers 05-16-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1167340)
You and your kids should start partying hard because the world is going to end in 12 years accept for those who live at the Tippy Top of the world ☝️

I snide remark from RR what a shocker, pretty sure nobody said life is over in a decade, but hey if you don’t give a crap about the quality of life your grand kids have sleep like a baby.

scottw 05-16-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1167347)
I snide remark from RR what a shocker, pretty sure nobody said life is over in a decade, but hey if you don’t give a crap about the quality of life your grand kids have sleep like a baby.

you do know that a decade and 12 years aren't the same right?

Raider Ronnie 05-16-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1167347)

Pretty sure The Green New Deal you’re talking about is the brain storm of the Dingbat Waitress Congresswoman who said the world is going to end in 12 years

Raider Ronnie 05-16-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1167349)

He’s pretty old and gets confused

Got Stripers 05-16-2019 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1167349)

Gee wiz another shocker a snide remark from SW, no sh*t #^&#^&#^&#^& Tracey, typing decade is easy and most got the reference. Next time I will be exact so you don’t need to do a math exercise and hurt yourself.

scottw 05-16-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1167364)
Gee wiz another shocker a snide remark from SW, no sh*t #^&#^&#^&#^& Tracey, typing decade is easy and most got the reference. Next time I will be exact so you don’t need to do a math exercise and hurt yourself.

you spelled Tracy wrong

JohnR 05-17-2019 07:08 AM

Glad the USA is putting out increasingly lower amounts of CO2 against historical averages. How are all y'all going to get China to reduce?

Got Stripers 05-25-2019 06:39 AM

Scientists just completely a study all you allergy sufferers will appreciate. CO2 levels have risen to the point pollen production in the test subject crop (ragweed) have doubled since 1970 levels and also since that time growing seasons have increased by 14 days.

The Dad Fisherman 05-25-2019 08:51 AM

Increased growing seasons? More time to grow food for the masses.

Glass half full :hee:

Got Stripers 07-04-2019 11:01 AM

Climate changes are usually most dramatic in the north. Fairbanks Alaska normal high this week is 65 and they are about to record temperatures they have never hit in their history, with a week in the upper 80’s. Europe is roasting in very unusual heat, water temperature at our local beach in Plymouth yesterday was 69, a temperature not normally hit until late summer.

spence 07-04-2019 11:09 AM

June was the hottest month ever recorded.

scottw 07-04-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1169689)
June was the hottest month ever recorded going back millions of years to when the thermometer was invented.

fixed it :bl:

RIROCKHOUND 07-04-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1169689)
June was the hottest month ever recorded.

Hottest June ever, not hottest month. That was July last year or year before....