Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   that didn't take long (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93148)

wdmso 12-29-2017 05:45 AM

that didn't take long

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

7:01 PM - Dec 28, 2017

Raider Ronnie 12-29-2017 07:13 AM

A lot of politicians have made themselves filthy rich pushing that hoax.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 12-29-2017 07:14 AM

this is great...HUH?

Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.

Obama at same exact date first year in presidency..46% APPROVE, 53% DISAPPROVE

Trump is enjoying 97% negative coverage from the Mainstream Media, while Obama enjoyed 97% toe licking...yet they pull the same numbers....hilarious

JohnR 12-29-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1134240)
Trump is enjoying 97% negative coverage from the Mainstream Media, while Obama enjoyed 97% toe licking...yet they pull the same numbers....hilarious

Probably the most factual part of your statement ; )

Got Stripers 12-29-2017 08:46 AM

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/0...BoC4jkQAvD_BwE

Not sure I'd believe Donald Trump that global warming is a hoax, not when he can't even compare the size of his inaugural crowd to any past president; how can he be expected to compare today's weather to that 20 years ago. So Donald says it's fake science, so we should believe him; like when he said his team was wire taped? I'd say the data confirms a tread it's as predictable as Trumps tweet this morning, because he had to break out a sweater on his 113th day enjoying his resort.

DZ 12-29-2017 08:56 AM

He tweaks the left... and they absolutely fall for it every time. Amazing.

nightfighter 12-29-2017 09:04 AM

Ten day polar vortex vs. decades of data and a melting ice cap..... yeah, I'm sold

PaulS 12-29-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1134249)
He tweaks the left... and they absolutely fall for it every time. Amazing.

You don't think he actually believes it or should people give him a pass when he lies or shows he doesn't know what he is talking about?

DZ 12-29-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1134251)
You don't think he actually believes it or should people give him a pass when he lies or shows he doesn't know what he is talking about?

He's skeptical like many others and has a right to share his views. He trolls - most will/should ignore it but many take it hook, line, and sinker. I happen to believe in climate change - I just don't believe there is anything that we can do to change it.

Slipknot 12-29-2017 09:28 AM

his statements don't surprise me at all after what I have read for over a year now, I don't see how they can surprise anyone. Get a pass? with the criticism he has taken, no , that is not going to happen, every word, every golf swing, everything is scrutinized. I get the feeling he does not care if only a small percentage of people take him seriously. If you don't believe that there is actual global warming, then you are not paying attention. Carbon dioxide levels alone cannot be refuted.

spence 12-29-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1134252)
He trolls - most will/should ignore it but many take it hook, line, and sinker.

How do you ignore it when it's coming from the President?

I don't see the coverage of Trump as being that negative by the way. His behavior is almost universally offensive. They're just reporting what he says and does.

spence 12-29-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1134246)
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/0...BoC4jkQAvD_BwE

Not sure I'd believe Donald Trump that global warming is a hoax, not when he can't even compare the size of his inaugural crowd to any past president; how can he be expected to compare today's weather to that 20 years ago. So Donald says it's fake science, so we should believe him; like when he said his team was wire taped? I'd say the data confirms a tread it's as predictable as Trumps tweet this morning, because he had to break out a sweater on his 113th day enjoying his resort.

Im surprised the Admin hasn't ordered that NASA page taken down.

PaulS 12-29-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1134252)
He's skeptical like many others and has a right to share his views. He trolls - most will/should ignore it but many take it hook, line, and sinker. I happen to believe in climate change - I just don't believe there is anything that we can do to change it.

Of course he can share his opinion but when like 99% of scientists believe something most people tend to believe them.

Nice quality for a President - trolling.

Jim in CT 12-29-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1134254)

I don't see the coverage of Trump as being that negative by the way.

I’m sure you don’t.

He deserves some more negative coverage than others because as you said, he’s offensive and obnoxious. But the media has taken it way beyond what he deserves. The only time the media even talks about the economy is to complain about income inequality. In a fair world, he gets a lot of negative coverage. Not this much. The media cannot be fair to him, they are too crazy and biased.

scottw 12-29-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1134254)

I don't see the coverage of Trump as being that negative by the way.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

spence 12-29-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1134257)
Of course he can share his opinion but when like 99% of scientists believe something most people tend to believe them.

Nice quality for a President - trolling.

Remember for Trump this is just a reality TV show. As long as the ratings are good he's happy.

spence 12-29-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1134240)
this is great...HUH?

Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.

Obama at same exact date first year in presidency..46% APPROVE, 53% DISAPPROVE

Rasmussen has always been skewed for Trump. Across the polls his approval is the lowest ever at one year in.

PaulS 12-29-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1134253)
his statements don't surprise me at all .

Handsome picture:wave:

spence 12-29-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1134258)
I’m sure you don’t.

He deserves some more negative coverage than others because as you said, he’s offensive and obnoxious. But the media has taken it way beyond what he deserves. The only time the media even talks about the economy is to complain about income inequality. In a fair world, he gets a lot of negative coverage. Not this much. The media cannot be fair to him, they are too crazy and biased.

Most of his negative coverage is engineered by design. Trump loves it.

And I see plenty of positive coverage on the economy in the mainstream media.

scottw 12-29-2017 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
where is he now...

Raider Ronnie 12-29-2017 12:20 PM

I’ll believe in “Global Warming/Climate Change” (or whatsever they are calling it this week) when Al Gote installs solar panels on the roofs of one of his mansions

RIROCKHOUND 12-29-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1134272)
I’ll believe in “Global Warming/Climate Change” (or whatsever they are calling it this week) when Al Gote installs solar panels on the roofs of one of his mansions

Like the 33 panels on his Nashville house?

Jim in CT 12-29-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1134274)
Like the 33 panels on his Nashville house?

Come on Bryan. His environmental footprint is huge, the last thing he un-plugged was his treadmill (ba-dum-bum-pssh). He certainly seems to live his life in a way that suggests that he isn't even a little bit concerned about minimizing our environmental impact. That, plus the fact that he has made tens of millions off this movement, should make anyone skeptical.
I am on board, I think, with the notion of man-made warming, and I'm happy to pay taxes to study it more. But why anyone thinks Al Gore cares about this movement, is beyond me. If he's correct, and if everyone lived like him, North Dakota would be exporting pineapples by now.

RIROCKHOUND 12-29-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1134275)
Come on Bryan. His environmental footprint is huge, the last thing he un-plugged was his treadmill (ba-dum-bum-pssh). He certainly seems to live his life in a way that suggests that he isn't even a little bit concerned about minimizing our environmental impact. That, plus the fact that he has made tens of millions off this movement, should make anyone skeptical.
I am on board, I think, with the notion of man-made warming, and I'm happy to pay taxes to study it more. But why anyone thinks Al Gore cares about this movement, is beyond me. If he's correct, and if everyone lived like him, North Dakota would be exporting pineapples by now.

Agreed. But that was not what Ronnie said, though.

Al Gore is a spokesperson, an advocate. Not a scientist. He carries little weight on the issue with me. My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage, although that is from memory.

Glad you are coming around. It is a real issue, and one we need to start adapting to, particularly coastal cities. Not hair on fire react to, but sea level is rising, which we can measure, and will continue to be the way we see impacts first in the northeast. It will be the ‘nuisance floods’ which will start to hit municipal budgets first, barring a major storm. See Annapolis or Norfolk as good examples.

scottw 12-29-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1134276)

My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage.

:rotf2:

RIROCKHOUND 12-29-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1134277)
:rotf2:

Again, not the way I would do it if I were him. But doesn’t make it not a real issue

Jim in CT 12-29-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1134276)
Agreed. But that was not what Ronnie said, though.

Al Gore is a spokesperson, an advocate. Not a scientist. He carries little weight on the issue with me. My understanding is he was purchasing carbon credits to offset his usage, although that is from memory.

Glad you are coming around. It is a real issue, and one we need to start adapting to, particularly coastal cities. Not hair on fire react to, but sea level is rising, which we can measure, and will continue to be the way we see impacts first in the northeast. It will be the ‘nuisance floods’ which will start to hit municipal budgets first, barring a major storm. See Annapolis or Norfolk as good examples.

"that was not what Ronnie said, though."

Faire enough, he mentioned just panels.

Al Gore is an advocate? Maybe based on what he says, but not based on how he lives, right?

"Glad you are coming around"

I love animals, I love the outdoors, and I believe we have a big obligation o be responsible stewards of these beautiful ecosystems. That doesn't mean I'm going to knock down my house and live in a yurt, while hypocrites like Al Gore and Hollywood swells fly in private jets from one mansion to another. I don't think Al Gore believes a word of what he says., if he did, he would live differently. He says what he says, for the money and the adulation, in my opinion.

Have a wonderful new year Bryan, wishing you great stuff in 2018.

RIROCKHOUND 12-29-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1134279)
"that was not what Ronnie said, though."

Faire enough, he mentioned just panels.

Al Gore is an advocate? Maybe based on what he says, but not based on how he lives, right?

"Glad you are coming around"

I love animals, I love the outdoors, and I believe we have a big obligation o be responsible stewards of these beautiful ecosystems. That doesn't mean I'm going to knock down my house and live in a yurt, while hypocrites like Al Gore and Hollywood swells fly in private jets from one mansion to another. I don't think Al Gore believes a word of what he says., if he did, he would live differently. He says what he says, for the money and the adulation, in my opinion.

Have a wonderful new year Bryan, wishing you great stuff in 2018.

Maybe. Again, Al Gore is meaningless to me.

You too, happy new year

spence 12-29-2017 02:38 PM

Al Gore's house is LEED certified. He like to fly Southwest and made most of his money through some smart investments in TV and Apple. Maybe Jim should stop reading those chain emails.

spence 12-29-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1134281)
Maybe. Again, Al Gore is meaningless to me.

You too, happy new year

Al Gore isn't trying to influence scientists, he just works to make sure they are heard.