Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   S-B slowly turning into "The View" (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94679)

The Dad Fisherman 01-17-2019 11:48 AM

S-B slowly turning into "The View"

1 Attachment(s)
Only question is Who's Whoopi and Who's Joy?

PaulS 01-17-2019 12:13 PM

I want to be the richest one.

Jim in CT 01-17-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1159895)

It's not happening all that slowly.

Trump drank water today. You know who also drank water? Hitler, that's who!!

As if the other candidate was the living definition of virtue.

PaulS 01-17-2019 12:54 PM

The frequent posters here should get together for wings and beers (maybe not darts though) since there doesn't seem to be as many get togethers as there used to be.

scottw 01-17-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1159895)

more like the Monopoly table in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Got Stripers 01-17-2019 01:07 PM

Here is my reason for being on this board, which I never frequented ahead of the Trump getting the nod to be the republican horse in the 2016 election, it's almost impossible to debate this with friends that may have supported Trump. In years past I could talk occasionally about certain government policy moves, white house turmoil or world arenas we were entering, without it become a gloves off loose your friendship debate.

This board is a microcosm of what I experienced in just one attempt to discuss Trumps response to Putin's denial of tampering in Helsinki. I knew he supported Trump, but OMG call Trump out in front of a red hat, card carrying Trump supporter and it's insults and mud slinging just like his campaign. So while I feel strongly enough to discuss what I see is wrong, I'm thankful my partner feels the same, otherwise she probably would have shown me the door, like my "friend" did that day.

I think we could attempt to be more civil and keep this debate above board, but that it would appear is as likely to happen as Trump closing his Twitter account.

PaulS 01-17-2019 01:22 PM

Scott can come to the get together if he reverts to his prior self and actually contributes.

JohnR gets an invite bc he is our leader. If he wasn't our leader he would be on the cusp. He is prob. busy anyways.

Bruce can come bc with his fingers it must take him 2x as long to type his responses so he gets credit for that.

scottw 01-17-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1159908)
Scott can come to the get together if he brings the beer.

JohnR gets an invite bc he is our leader. If he wasn't our leader he would be on the cusp. He is prob. busy anyways.

Bruce can come bc with his fingers it must take him 2x as long to type his responses so he gets credit for that.

fixed it:jester:

wdmso 01-17-2019 02:43 PM

When do fox and freinds post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 01-18-2019 08:53 AM

I think we have been the political cesspool here since Bush Kerry (we had to auto-filter out there names) so this is nothing new, just looks like the rest of the nation is catching up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1159908)
Scott can come to the get together if he reverts to his prior self and actually contributes.

:rotflmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1159921)
When do fox and freinds post

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

*Friends, FIFY

; )