Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   big storm coming (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=53887)

Raven 12-18-2008 11:48 AM

big storm coming

here we go...
a white christmas
snow starting at noon on friday
snowing thru saturday
and another storm arriving
on sunday
fire up that snow blower
your gonna need it

striperman36 12-18-2008 11:53 AM

More potentially on Wednesday.

FishermanTim 12-18-2008 12:12 PM

Remember last year around this same time, when the state sent their employees home and then advised companies to do the same? Remember that 45 minute trip that took 4 hours?
Remember that you were stuck in traffic along with the plows that were supposed to have plowed the road you were both stuck on?

Do you think tomorrow will be a 1-year re-enactment of that same ordeal?

Finlander 12-18-2008 12:34 PM

I have a hours drive to work Douglas MA to Windsor Lock Ct just knowing what the afternoon ride home is going to be like I'm using a vacation day, would prefer to use it fishing but what are you doing to do.

likwid 12-18-2008 12:39 PM

What the hell? Did you people forget where you live?

6-12" isn't "big".

Raven 12-18-2008 12:54 PM

Bring in the wood

Not the sheaves

"Bringing in the wood"
"BRINGing IN THE WOOD"

"i am so rejoicing .......
bringing in the wood...."

got a cord that needs ah- movin :btu:
Kiln dried too - saweet !

striperman36 12-18-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 647423)
Remember last year around this same time, when the state sent their "hardworking" employees home and then advised companies to do the same? Remember that 45 minute trip that took 4 hours?
Remember that you were stuck in traffic along with the plows that were supposed to have plowed the road you were both stuck on?

Do you think tomorrow will be a 1-year re-enactment of that same ordeal?

I am not going in. if I do, I am either leaving before noon or staying all night.

JohnR 12-18-2008 01:00 PM

Twee Words:

Tel Le Commute

:walk::walk:

Raven 12-18-2008 01:00 PM

i'm the Chauffeur and going loaded for bear on friday.

MakoMike 12-18-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 647441)
Twee Words:

Tel Le Commute

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Heading for RI as soon as I get out today.

RIROCKHOUND 12-18-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 647431)
What the hell? Did you people forget where you live?

6-12" isn't "big".

It is in a state that can't handle it :smash:
I'm come in and leave when it starts to actually snow.

I don't worry about 'me (w/ a 4x4 Tacoma with new tires)' on the road. I worry about 'you' (the yous who drive a Honda accord way over the speed-limit on bald tires)

likwid 12-18-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 647445)
It is in a state that can't handle it :smash:
I'm come in and leave when it starts to actually snow.

I don't worry about 'me (w/ a 4x4 Tacoma with new tires)' on the road. I worry about 'you' (the yous who drive a Honda accord way over the speed-limit on bald tires)

I'm more worried about the idiots with 4wd that think they can keep going fast than the people in the honda accords with crappy tires.

(for reference: audi a4 with nokian hakks. suck it.)

but both days are my days off so im going skiing. :hihi:

Katie 12-18-2008 01:37 PM

Makes me glad the semester is over, no more 40 minute drives early in the morning! :D

RIROCKHOUND 12-18-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 647449)
I'm more worried about the idiots with 4wd that think they can keep going fast than the people in the honda accords with crappy tires.

(for reference: audi a4 with nokian hakks. suck it.)

but both days are my days off so im going skiing. :hihi:

I wasn't putting 'you' in with those 'yous'

fishaholic18 12-18-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 647441)
Twee Words:

Tel Le Commute

Yup...Me and my son are flying to the Sunshine State for Xmas....F^%$#@ the snow...:wavey:

likwid 12-18-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 647453)
I wasn't putting 'you' in with those 'yous'

My bad.

ps: slow the eff down.

Every single overturned SUV up in Maine at the ski resort I worked at was an out of state plate of some douche thinking 4wd is the magic "drive through anything" tool.

Best one was an Excursion with the rear axle RIPPED OFF that rolled 4 times.

Raven 12-18-2008 02:33 PM

Hey SALTY

i did everything right... For once :wave:

drained out all the gas and then ran it dry

just added some gas and
the trusty ole snow blower
is ready to rock and roll....
started first pull...

yeah baby :happy:

JohnR 12-18-2008 02:40 PM

Already having some school districts (like my son's) announcing tomorrow is no school...

Just can't repeat last December's storm until we get a few storms that never were, and the constant see-saw battle between superintendents and weathermen will continue...

Raven 12-18-2008 02:47 PM

Karl http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/sign.jpg

two bottle storm... :claps:

i'm gonna announce that at the Yankee Spirits liquor store
-> when i go for some Holiday cheer...

:btu:

The Dad Fisherman 12-18-2008 02:58 PM

OH MY GOD....Big Storm....I must run out and get Bottled Water....Gallons and Gallons of bottled water.....and Bread lots of bread.......and Batteries MUST GET BATTERIES......God Know the ones I stocked up on during the last 10 storms might not work............AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Bronko 12-18-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 647472)
OH MY GOD....Big Storm....I must run out and get Bottled Water....Gallons and Gallons of bottled water.....and Bread lots of bread.......and Batteries MUST GET BATTERIES......God Know the ones I stocked up on during the last 10 storms might not work............AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Isn't that the truth TDF. I was in Roche Bros. last night and it was basically dead at 8pm. Tonite you would think they were giving the food away. There will be lines to get in the lot.:fishslap:

Raven 12-18-2008 03:11 PM

TDF

you forgot the milk...
now get back to Cumby's and get some...

oh Sorry.they're sold out too.. :jester:

Mike P 12-18-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 647423)
Remember last year around this same time, when the state sent their "hardworking" employees home and then advised companies to do the same? Remember that 45 minute trip that took 4 hours?

You know, comments like this really frost my ass. I work for the state, and earn every dime I'm paid. Not all of us are politcal hacks cruising along to retirement.

Shove your "hardworking"remarks. Eff you and the horse you rode in on.:af:

nightfighter 12-18-2008 03:31 PM

Just had a morning delivery of a special order size white storm door, and after waiting four weeks, fourteen fg/wood replacement windows. Was going to get a nice project done before Christmas, and storm door in before the storm.... Wrong.
Storm door was cranberry, and the windows were cream instead of white! WTF.... two different wholesalers delivering to the same project on the same day. And they both eff up. But I am the one who looks like the A hole to the client. (Not to mention not getting paid on the job before yearend.....) So much for the inside work, ie. replacing windows during the storm..... I am pissed.

Sorry for the rant. Enjoy the storm. It's New England.

Rockport24 12-18-2008 03:32 PM

I have a long commute into the city, so I'm "working from home" which means I'll be checking email sporadically :rotflmao:
oh P.S. wind is coming right out of the northeast, so I'll also prowl checking out the waves, maybe wet a line.... :hihi:

nightfighter 12-18-2008 03:34 PM

Mike and I are on the same wavelength today!

Anyone else wanna eff with us today?:nailem:

Rockport24 12-18-2008 03:37 PM

no! :err:

fishaholic18 12-18-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 647480)
You know, comments like this really frost my ass. I work for the state, and earn every dime I'm paid. Not all of us are politcal hacks cruising along to retirement.

Go get 'em Mike.....:cheers:

spence 12-18-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 647480)

Uh oh, someone's going to get a lump of coal in their stocking :rtfm:

-spence

nightfighter 12-18-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 647488)
Uh oh, someone's going to get a lump of coal in their stocking :rtfm:

-spence

Or lose their access to the arcade:D