Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Movies, Classics to Less than Normal (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Django Unchained (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80591)

The Dad Fisherman 12-29-2012 07:00 PM

Django Unchained

Just got back from seeing it.....another good Tarantino Flick. DiCaprio was a real bastard in it. Lots of gratuitous violence :hihi: hearing next to nothing about Samuel L Jackson prior to seeing it he was also a serious bastard as well.

Slingah 12-29-2012 07:45 PM

Could be the best one yet. Saw it yesterday. Pissah flick.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 12-30-2012 09:47 AM

I'm still a big Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill fan.....but this was one of his best. I liked all his films except Death Proof.....thought that was a bit of a snoozer.

Great soundtrack as usual for a Tarantino flick.....

fatcow 12-30-2012 11:51 AM

Great flick, producer kept it interesting throughout the 2 1/2+hrs. of the movie, didn't even seem that long when it's like that. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

JohnnySaxatilis 04-21-2013 09:36 AM

Best movie I saw all year... crazy accurate depiction of southern culture during that time period. Deserves the oscars it got, and then some. Christoph Waltz, and Leo Dicaprio are exceptionally good in it.

iamskippy 04-21-2013 01:39 PM

I have the opposite feeling about this movie, i didnt even finish watching it.

JohnnySaxatilis 04-21-2013 04:57 PM

If you have a problem with the N word, and gratuitous violence, than I could see how. Besides that, if you dont like django, you suck

Saltheart 04-21-2013 06:03 PM

Definitely a Tarantino Classic. I think its a little pale compared to Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill but you are right that the depiction of the slave owner culture in the south at that time is probably spot on and to me that is what gives the movie its impact. I'd rather watch the Black Momba slice up the Crazy 88's than see Django emptying his six shooters but the feeling you got watching the way the slaves were treated is a true experience. Great job on that aspect of the film.

iamskippy 04-21-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis (Post 995589)
If you have a problem with the N word, and gratuitous violence, than I could see how. Besides that, if you dont like django, you suck

I dont have a problem with either and i am a big QT fan, however to me this movie was was to long and not QT's best, but that my humble opinion and you suck lol

The Dad Fisherman 04-21-2013 07:21 PM

You loved Battleship and hated Django......typical KC fan....finds comfort in the "Bad" :hihi:

iamskippy 04-21-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 995615)
You loved Battleship and hated Django......typical KC fan....finds comfort in the "Bad" :hihi:

OUCH! Heard the Pats Golf game is getting good.

Nebe 04-21-2013 07:51 PM

This movie looked horrible.

The Dad Fisherman 04-22-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 995619)
OUCH! Heard the Pats Golf game is getting good.

It might have been better if they didn't have to replace 3 weeks worth of divets left by the KC Hackers that had come through previously....

iamskippy 04-22-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 995639)
It might have been better if they didn't have to replace 3 weeks worth of divets left by the KC Hackers that had come through previously....

If there is one thing i have learned in life it's, when you suck at something, be the suckiest at it you can be, people leave you alone. :rotf2:

The Dad Fisherman 04-22-2013 06:58 AM

There's definitely No Expectations....:hee:

RIJIMMY 06-05-2013 11:51 AM

I finally watched last night and I am a big QT fan. It was good entertainment, 2hrs and 45 mins was too much. I thought it lacked those classic QT moments when you are on the edge of your seat and the suspense is building. It wasnt suspenseful at all. I dont think it was one of his best, Inglorius Btards was much better IMHO.

basswipe 07-26-2013 09:22 PM

Just got done watching this.

I just wasted 3hrs of my life watching what could possibly be one of the lamest movies ever.I could've got laid or maybe even gone fishing but no I decided to throw away 3hrs of my life watching crap.

Truly one of the worst movies I have ever watched.

BigFish 07-27-2013 05:09 PM

Django Unseen!:rotf2:

redlite 11-01-2014 07:05 PM

Finally watched it today
I thought it was pretty awesome

iamskippy 11-01-2014 08:42 PM

I love the director and his other films couldnt get into this one.

striperman36 11-01-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1055564)
Finally watched it today
I thought it was pretty awesome

Just Finished it. It was very good. The more I see Christoph Waltz, the more I like him.
Samuel L. Jackson was interesting.

Raven 12-05-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 1055576)
Just Finished it. It was very good. The more I see Christoph Waltz, the more I like him.
Samuel L. Jackson was interesting.

he's gonna be in the new james bond movie

Austrian actor Christoph Waltz will join Daniel Craig in the cast. Craig makes his fourth appearance as the rugged British secret service agent.