Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Ice Fishing (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Ice Fishing 2019 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94167)

TheLureWasher 09-10-2018 11:21 AM

Ice Fishing 2019

I can't wait! That is all!

Guppy 09-10-2018 03:53 PM

Me too. Hoping for ice on CC against

Rockfish9 09-25-2018 08:45 PM

I'm ready for the next season. .I serviced the 4 wheeler today. ..I changed the wheel bearings on the trailer and touched up the under coating...the rest of the gear was gone through when I put it away...should be fishing up north before Christmas.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish 09-26-2018 08:34 PM

My ideal winter includes temps that do not include ice!:tooth:

Pete F. 09-26-2018 08:58 PM

My favorite ice fishing is done on a hot day in July, sitting in a lawn chair and fishing in a cooler for a cold one

Guppy 09-27-2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 1152054)
My ideal winter includes temps that do not include ice!:tooth:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1152056)
My favorite ice fishing is done on a hot day in July, sitting in a lawn chair and fishing in a cooler for a cold one

Don’t know what cha missing.... :fishin::fishin::soon:

FishermanTim 11-02-2018 02:26 PM

Sure they do...that's why they will spend hours reminiscing about a fish they caught 5-8 months ago!

Yeah, the thought of warm weather is always appealing, but you will be missing out on some awesome opportunities for some awesomely big fish.

I still have friends and family that look at me like I wanted to paint the cat when I mention spending hours out on a frozen pond or lake.
I stopped trying to explain why it appeals to me and just revel in the fact that I can always find time and places to fish...even during the winter.

mag minnow 11-29-2018 03:02 PM

Flasher battery topped off and sled pulled out...

fishrick 12-04-2018 02:01 PM

Great times...

Mostly it is a solitary pursuit...even with other shanties/fishermen around. I use a portable shelter, its quiet, and nobody bothers you, even into the evening. Last year was a bit brief!

The Dad Fisherman 12-04-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1154558)
Sure they do...that's why they will spend hours reminiscing about a fish they caught 5-8 months ago!

Yeah, the thought of warm weather is always appealing, but you will be missing out on some awesome opportunities for some awesomely big fish.

I still have friends and family that look at me like I wanted to paint the cat when I mention spending hours out on a frozen pond or lake.
I stopped trying to explain why it appeals to me and just revel in the fact that I can always find time and places to fish...even during the winter.

Some of the biggest bass I’ve caught have been through the ice.

Can’t wait

Rockfish9 12-05-2018 09:32 AM

It beats sitting around waiting for summer to return....and I have no desire to migrate south... With the nice light weight clothing available today and modern user friendly tackle and "tools" available ice fishing can be enjoyed by almost anyone...I can't think of a better way to get some exercise and put some fish fish on the table.

Guppy 12-05-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 1156854)
It beats sitting around waiting for summer to return....and I have no desire to migrate south... With the nice light weight clothing available today and modern user friendly tackle and "tools" available ice fishing can be enjoyed by almost anyone...I can't think of a better way to get some exercise and put some fish fish on the table.

This :claps::claps:

Raven 12-09-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 1156854)
.I can't think of a better way to get some exercise and put some fish fish on the table.

yeah i love fish fish on the table :rotf3::rtfm::musc::kewl:

Jim in CT 12-11-2018 11:20 AM

I have never been ice fishing, always wanted to try. Every year, I say this is the year. Hopefully this will be the year. Found a guide in CT who is scheduled to take me and 2 of my kids on January 5. Hoping for thick ice and a mild day, though he has a heated shelter.

Rockfish9 12-11-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1157232)
I have never been ice fishing, always wanted to try. Every year, I say this is the year. Hopefully this will be the year. Found a guide in CT who is scheduled to take me and 2 of my kids on January 5. Hoping for thick ice and a mild day, though he has a heated shelter.

That's a nice way to enjoy the experience. ..

Poncho 12-11-2018 05:11 PM

I love it look forward to it all year.

Pete F. 12-11-2018 05:32 PM

I was just thinking about my ice fishing experiences
They were mostly in the Northeast Kingdom on Seymour Lake
Ice in February was typically over 3'
Temps around zero
Spent a week up there one year, high all week was 17..........below
There were fish, camp was warm, food was good.

FishermanTim 12-17-2018 04:25 PM

My personal favorite times on the ice will involve the sounds of ice being made, the cracking of ice while it is relieving stress from making ice, and the sound of a sharp-bladed hand auger as it cuts through the SAFE ice!

Add to that the chance of hooking into a line-stripping PB fish, and you'll only understand a fraction of the various appeals of ice fishing.

I learned to love the winter when I skied and snowboarded, but as age took its toll on my knees, I decided decades back to try ice fishing as another winter past time. I haven't regretted it one bit!

Add to that the chance you will have to meet others that share a similar interest and the chance you will have to introduce someone else (a kid possibly) to this sport, and how can you lose?

mag minnow 12-28-2018 05:57 PM

First time out today in Rindge NH. (5-6") Got rained on but sorted out all the gear and am ready for the season.

Billybob 02-11-2019 11:21 AM

Muskies!

https://www.stripersonline.com/surft...2f1ce0d5ba.jpg

https://www.stripersonline.com/surft...8c8e9f62ef.jpg
https://www.stripersonline.com/surft...797b20d772.jpg

Rockfish9 02-11-2019 01:39 PM

FishermanTim 03-04-2019 01:52 PM

for anyone with the drive (and the license) to fish NH, they will probably have safe ice for at least the next month!

I was on Winni this weekend, and it had 28"

It would take one heck of a spring thaw to melt that!

Rockfish9 03-26-2019 07:29 AM

Still fishing in the lakes region, Nh. ive been out at least one day each week since the day after Thanksgiving there is between 20 and 30" of ice on most of the lakes region and North,lakes, some of the south exposed shoreline is getting dicey, but for the most part all the shore line is still solid the white perch and crappie bite has been phenomenal. . Saturday will be the last one for me, too many neglected chores at home, I think I saw my boat shed a tear when I walked by it last night.

FishermanTim 03-28-2019 11:18 AM

With the amount of ice they still have up there, I might be making another trip to a "non-designated" pond for some yellow & white perch and possibly some hand-sized sunfish for a fish fry.

I checked the F&G abstracts and only the trout and salmon waters close on 4/1. All other waters are good to fish.

Rockfish9 03-28-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1164688)
With the amount of ice they still have up there, I might be making another trip to a "non-designated" pond for some yellow & white perch and possibly some hand-sized sunfish for a fish fry.

I checked the F&G abstracts and only the trout and salmon waters close on 4/1. All other waters are good to fish.

Plenty of ice, Shores are good too,it was 18 up there for a low the last 2 nights, the bite is hot, and you'll have the place to yourself.im stlll driving the wheeler on the ice.iys not even mushy.