Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Palins Alaska (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=67629)

MarshCappa 11-28-2010 09:56 PM

Palins Alaska

Ok who's watching it and what do you think? I've been watching the last couple of episodes and it's pretty good IMO. What a beautiful place. I have to get out there someday. Mods, place this wherever as this could go in any direction. I find the commercial salmon fishery very interesting. Pretty cool.

Raven 11-29-2010 05:46 AM

she can have her self edited on film when she goofs up
(by hubby Todd)
there ain't no way to do that on live TV as a president

she won't interview with Katie Couric again !
because she asks just the right questions
that are way to smart for her to answer

UserRemoved1 11-29-2010 06:38 AM

I have seen it a few times and liked it. Absolutely stunning footage. Wish she'd leave her political comments out though. It seems to me a way to stuff it in the face of people who have ridiculed her with a backdrop of pretty scenery. Just based on the few comments I've seen.

JohnR 11-29-2010 09:22 AM

Amazing place, minor Palin infomercial aside, stunning footage.

spence 11-29-2010 09:24 AM

It's about as absurdly contrived as any reality show and yes, the scenery is quite nice.

-spence

Swimmer 11-29-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 814281)
It's about as absurdly contrived as any reality show and yes, the scenery is quite nice.

-spence

Its better than watching the Kardashians!

Besides all the guys wanted to meet Mr. Palin, he is a GD legend up there.

MrHunters 11-29-2010 02:14 PM

I'd rather watch Alaska State Trooper show on NGC. You still get amazing footage and you don't have to listen to her cackle.

ProfessorM 11-29-2010 02:27 PM

Alaska is beautiful, she makes me want to puke.

likwid 11-29-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshCappa (Post 814231)
Ok who's watching it and what do you think? I've been watching the last couple of episodes and it's pretty good IMO. What a beautiful place. I have to get out there someday. Mods, place this wherever as this could go in any direction. I find the commercial salmon fishery very interesting. Pretty cool.

If you find the salmon fishery interesting then buy Red Gold.

Screw Palin.

tattoobob 11-29-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 814346)

Thank you, I'm glad someone said it

niko 11-29-2010 04:26 PM

she needs to practice her casting.

Jenn 11-29-2010 06:47 PM

I have been watching but must admit for someone who is so "outdoorsy" she seems very awkward in some situations thus far, which is a little disappointing. Other than that I watch because of the concept of the show which I like.....and yes Todd is the man! :love:

likwid 11-29-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko (Post 814366)
she needs to practice her casting.

And shooting and everything else she claims to do.

Karl F 11-29-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 814356)
Screw Palin.

:yak5:

not even with yours....

chrisjoe13 11-30-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHunters (Post 814345)
I'd rather watch Alaska State Trooper show on NGC. You still get amazing footage and you don't have to listen to her cackle.

Quote:

These 2 posts sum it up for me.

The Dad Fisherman 11-30-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 814286)
Its better than watching the Kardashians!

I'd MUCH rather look at Kim Kardashian than Sarah Palin anyday.....Don't care about the Locale

Fly Rod 11-30-2010 08:21 AM

The difference is, she is raking in 200 thou an episode. How long do you need to work to equal that, as she smiles making a deposit at the bank?

So far I have not watched an episode, I did want to see the halibut one tho.

vineyardblues 11-30-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Agree , BUT , Barney Frank makes her look like the Queen of England in my book :grins:

Striper_Haven_03 11-30-2010 05:30 PM

Any woman that shoots a .460 Weatherby Magnum on Alaskan Moose and Elk hunts is ok in my book, regardless of her political views. I consider that pretty "outdoorsy".

likwid 11-30-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl F (Post 814476)

not even with yours....

Booger's shiny head might plug that hole. :rotf2:

stiff tip 11-30-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl F (Post 814476)

not even with yours....

hay i,d take a poke at her:love:, than i,d teach her how to use the fly pole:jump1:

robc22 11-30-2010 06:51 PM

Must be nice.........

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoobob (Post 814358)
Thank you, I'm glad someone said it

Must be nice to afford a life style where you can walk out your front door, down to your dock and board a float plane for a fishing trip.......I'm lucky to get my favorite casting rock one out of twenty trips down to the canal.............:rollem:

The Iceman 6 12-01-2010 01:17 PM

2nd Alaskan State Troopers.

RIJIMMY 12-01-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robc22 (Post 814665)
Must be nice to afford a life style where you can walk out your front door, down to your dock and board a float plane for a fishing trip.......I'm lucky to get my favorite casting rock one out of twenty trips down to the canal.............:rollem:

its not nice, its called work and sacrifice. Nothing was given to her. Check the media and the above posts, most cant stand her.
How many VP candidates vanished into nothingness? She took her chances and now can reap the rewards. Never hold someones success against them

ProfessorM 12-01-2010 04:25 PM

the only reason she is reaping anything is she is a fairly good looking female. If she was an ugly old bat no one would care.

robc22 12-02-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 814847)
its not nice, its called work and sacrifice. Nothing was given to her. Check the media and the above posts, most cant stand her.
How many VP candidates vanished into nothingness? She took her chances and now can reap the rewards. Never hold someones success against them

where did I say I was?????

RIJIMMY 12-02-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 814910)
the only reason she is reaping anything is she is a fairly good looking female. If she was an ugly old bat no one would care.

come on Paul, everywhere I look in the stores this year is Susan Boyle.....:smash:

Jim in CT 12-02-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

What is it about her that makes you want to puke? The fact that she loves the outdoors, or the fact that she loves her husband and kids, or the fact that she had the compassion to give birth to a baby with Downs, or the fact that she raised her son to love his country enough to serve in the Army, or do you hate the fact that she had enough integrity to expose political corruption even in her own party?

Or is it her politics you hate? Do you hate the fact that she thinks unborn babies have the right to live, or the fact the she wants to kill terrorists, or the fact that she believes in low taxes, or the fact that she wants to keep the feds out of your face as much as possible?

Maybe you buy into the notion that she's stupid, because she has said some dumb things on camera? Well, Obama has been caught on film saying there are 57 states in the US, and that Europe is a country...but he gets a pass. And Joe Biden has put his foot in his mouth enough times to keep the writers at Saturday Night Live busy for the next decade.

I am a conservative who would never vote for Gov Palin in a primary, IO have my reasons. But all the personal hatred ticks me off. Unlike most politicians, she was not born rich. From humble beginnings, she became the best governor in the entire country (based on the fact that she had the highest approval ratings of any governor). As governor, she lowered taxes, balanced the budget, and did all that without hurting her state's economy. That sounds pretty good to me. Maybe you know politicians who have done better?

Jim in CT 12-02-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 814910)

Professor, the woman came from very modest beginnings. She exposed significant political corruption in her own party, got elected governor, and had the highest approval ratings of any governor in the country. She did amazing things for Alaska's economy.

Before the smear campaign, the people of Alaska loved her...her approval ratings were about double what Obama's are now. Maybe she wasn't Omama's classmate at Harvard. But somewhere along the way, she (unlike Obama) learned a few things, like the fact that you can't spend what you don't have, and that you can't make terrorists like us, so we need to kill them.

How about the fact that she freely chose to give birth to a baby with Downs, knowing all the challenges that brings? Does she get any points with you for that?

And yes, she is hot. Anyone who makes conservatism sexy, in addition to being obviously superior to liberalism, is OK in my book.

Professor, do yourself a favor, and turn off MSNBC for 5 minutes.

When I was in Alaska, I saw alot of cars with this bumper sticker. "Alaska...Coldest state, hottest governor".

And everyone should see Alaska. I have video of my wife and I salmon fishing with brown bears in the water behind her, pulling salmon out of the water (Katmai Nat'l Park). It's a spectacular place.

ProfessorM 12-02-2010 12:18 PM

Yeah that about seems it up, she is not alone in my makes me want to puke list though, pretty much all politicians make me feel that way. Glad you enjoy following politics, me I'd rather watch grass grow.