Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump tanks the markets (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94589)

wdmso 12-24-2018 01:50 PM

Trump tanks the markets

Dow dives 600 points to below

Seems his latest tweet storm was an epic fail.

The only problem our economy has is the Fed. They don’t have a feel for the Market, they don’t understand necessary Trade Wars or Strong Dollars or even Democrat Shutdowns over Borders. The Fed is like a powerful golfer who can’t score because he has no touch - he can’t p

Jim in CT 12-24-2018 02:10 PM

cnbc says it’s because secretary munchin hinted banks weren’t as solvent as they need to be, and that investors are worried about increasing rates. i’m sure you know better, it’s all trumps fault. would
you feel better about a market crash if trump did it?

his tweet was pathetic. it didn’t cause the market to drop, the market already knows he’s a baby.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 12-24-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1158108)
cnbc says it’s because secretary munchin hinted banks weren’t as solvent as they need to be, and that investors are worried about increasing rates. i’m sure you know better, it’s all trumps fault. would
you feel better about a market crash if trump did it?

his tweet was pathetic. it didn’t cause the market to drop, the market already knows he’s a baby.

who is munchin boss and who caused muchin to feel the need to make Those call’s. Hint. Trump

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down roughly 200 points for the day at the time of Donald Trump’s tweet. After he reminded investors that he has no idea how economics works, they began selling off further, and the DJIA quickly dropped another two hundred points (Update: now down 650 points at close)

Jim in CT 12-24-2018 02:37 PM

i don’t know why munchin was concerned about liquidity. my point is that trumps tweets did not do this, and you claimed they did.

as of right now, our economic fundamentals are solid. unemployment is low, corporate profits are sound, retailers had a good black friday and cyber monday. the market is reacting to concerns of global stability, global growth, interest rates, ninenif which trump controls. husbtariffs have not helped, he deserves criticism for that. and a recession is coming, that’s inevitable.

today’s sell off isn’t trumps fault, except i guess that he appointed the fed chairman who likes raising rates. his tweets had nothing to do with it. sorry if that fails to fuel your narrative.

RIROCKHOUND 12-24-2018 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have a good holiday everyone

Jim in CT 12-24-2018 05:08 PM

What about the tsunami in Indonesia? Are we going to let Trump off the hook for that? I saw him breathing today. You know who else liked to breathe? Hitler!

RIrockhound, isn't what you did, whataboutism? Kidding, as I think it's fair to point out things that others said. Trump was an azz to tweet that, anyone who would say the same thing today, is being equally asinine. He's not causing all of the market fluctuations, only what's caused by tariffs, that's his doing.

wdmso 12-24-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1158115)
sorry if that fails to fuel your narrative.

not my Narrative about every money site on the internet

he rode the stock market pony at all his rallies taking credit whenever possible

all because Trump can't handle the heat .. Trump then talked about firing the fed chief and then cried to Mnuchin who tried to slow the market fall

if you dont think Trump's WORDS cant cause these market fluctuations you haven't been paying attention ... their are reasons why past POTUS try to be specific when they speak ... so their intention are not misunderstood...

Trump isn't that kind of President... or that kinda of administration sorry

Got Stripers 12-24-2018 06:18 PM

Keep on winning🤮

Jim in CT 12-24-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1158138)
not my Narrative about every money site on the internet

he rode the stock market pony at all his rallies taking credit whenever possible

all because Trump can't handle the heat .. Trump then talked about firing the fed chief and then cried to Mnuchin who tried to slow the market fall

if you dont think Trump's WORDS cant cause these market fluctuations you haven't been paying attention ... their are reasons why past POTUS try to be specific when they speak ... so their intention are not misunderstood...

Trump isn't that kind of President... or that kinda of administration sorry

show me a link from a finance site, which says that his stupid tweet triggered a sell off.

i didn’t say his words “can’t” cause a selloff (once agin, responding to something i never said). i said that in this case, it wasn’t his words. it was concern about banks and interest rates.

wdmso 12-24-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1158140)
show me a link from a finance site, which says that his stupid tweet triggered a sell off.

i didn’t say his words “can’t” cause a selloff (once agin, responding to something i never said). i said that in this case, it wasn’t his words. it was concern about banks and interest rates.

here the start

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...be-the-economy

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down roughly 200 points for the day at the time of Donald Trump’s tweet. After he reminded investors that he has no idea how economics works, they began selling off further, and the DJIA quickly dropped another two hundred points (Update: now down 650 points at close). This guy is wrecking the economy in real time.

all this and they closed at 1pm

it must be hard to see the world in black or white / win or lose

and be unable to see Gray

Jim in CT 12-24-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1158143)
here the start

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...be-the-economy

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down roughly 200 points for the day at the time of Donald Trump’s tweet. After he reminded investors that he has no idea how economics works, they began selling off further, and the DJIA quickly dropped another two hundred points (Update: now down 650 points at close). This guy is wrecking the economy in real time.

all this and they closed at 1pm

it must be hard to see the world in black or white / win or lose

and be unable to see Gray

He made a stupid tweet. And the market tanked. Doesn't mean one caused the other, and if it matters, a lot of people agree that the fed is getting ahead of itself with rate hikes. There is a huge likelihood that the markets would be higher, if the fed wasn't as aggressive with rate hikes.

Please tell me what I said, which is wrong...

if idiotic tweets caused the market to drop 600 points, how was the market up so much in 2017? Was he restrained and mature in 2017? Nope.

Guppy 12-24-2018 07:30 PM

Trump sucks...

Pete F. 12-24-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1158130)
Have a good holiday everyone

Hysterical
I can’t believe people believe him and then support him
In the past week his past tweets have said he should be fired several times

Jim in CT 12-26-2018 04:23 PM

wdmso, the markets were way up today. so since you blamed trump for monday’s shellacking, do you give him credit for today’s rebound? or in your opinion, is he only responsible when it goes down?

good time to buy.

Nebe 12-26-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1158228)
wdmso, the markets were way up today. so since you blamed trump for monday’s shellacking, do you give him credit for today’s rebound? or in your opinion, is he only responsible when it goes down?

good time to buy.

Trump left the country and the markets bounced. Let’s see them tank again when he comes back. :hihi:

Sea Dangles 12-26-2018 07:36 PM

Guys, stfu and take a break. It can wait.

Nebe 12-27-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1158231)
Trump left the country and the markets bounced. Let’s see them tank again when he comes back. :hihi:

Trump is baaaack and market is doooowwwwnn bigly today. :rtfm: