Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fishing Show this weekend? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93458)

bloocrab 03-06-2018 06:38 PM

Fishing Show this weekend?

Yeah, I know it's a LOT of the same chit every year....blah, blah, blah.....but I still don't mind dropping a Hamilton at the door...

Anyone else planning on attending?

Clammer 03-06-2018 10:05 PM

use to go to hangout with the guys from this site .......that changed & its been years since I,ve gone ........... gear wise ..I,m trying to sell not buy <><

ProfessorM 03-06-2018 10:38 PM

Yes Saturday.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy 03-07-2018 06:35 AM

In, not sure which day yet

JohnR 03-07-2018 08:05 AM

Haha - totally forgot that is this weekend

numbskull 03-07-2018 12:43 PM

Friday, with Alan.

MAKAI 03-07-2018 01:25 PM

Don’t need to buy anymore fishing related items...
Gotta get the addiction in check.

Hookedagain 03-07-2018 02:28 PM

Yup, Saturday afternoon around 2:30. Seems the only reason I go lately it to renew my subscription to the Fisherman.

Got Stripers 03-07-2018 02:39 PM

Stopped going years back, just way too much stuff already, a lot of which has never seen the water. My biggest order yesterday was some new Thill bobber stops and some water proof boxes I needed to replace some old cracked ones. Other than that it's just some leader material and I'm done.

Moses 03-07-2018 03:24 PM

Saturday, always meet up with a few friends and talk shop then head someplace close for a few pints.

ivanputski 03-07-2018 06:48 PM

Think I'm going to skip it... I honestly have what I need, and I feel the years of the real "show-day deals". just aren't there anymore. I think vendors would do themselves a HUGE service by offering at least a few hot items at a can't-miss price just to draw people in... Just like agent coullion told verbal Kint in usual suspects... "CONVINCE ME"...

Dick Durand 03-07-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanputski (Post 1139017)
Think I'm going to skip it... I honestly have what I need, and I feel the years of the real "show-day deals". just aren't there anymore. I think vendors would do themselves a HUGE service by offering at least a few hot items at a can't-miss price just to draw people in... Just like agent coullion told verbal Kint in usual suspects... "CONVINCE ME"...

I can't convince you. It's in the neighborhood, so I go out of habit, but I'm buying little or nothing. The best deals can often be found at used tackle sales sponsored by fishing clubs.

nightfighter 03-07-2018 09:26 PM

Boat owners should be checking SeaTow and Boat US for their show special prices.....

Mike P 03-08-2018 05:30 PM

I stopped going when "squid mama" Sherry was no longer selling tickets. She'd always let me in for free. :laughs:

That was after John stopped having the SB booth, and I got in with an exhibitor badge. ;)

Guppy 03-09-2018 05:33 PM

Promised myself I wouldn't buy anything ,,,,, came home with a bag half full of stuff I couldn't live without.....

Shows so big ya get dizzy .... :spin::spin:

nightfighter 03-09-2018 05:44 PM

Would someone see if SeaTow is offering any show specials for me?

Guppy 03-10-2018 07:51 AM

I think I see boatus with a $99 first time sign up...

piemma 03-10-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1138998)
Stopped going years back, just way too much stuff already, a lot of which has never seen the water. My biggest order yesterday was some new Thill bobber stops and some water proof boxes I needed to replace some old cracked ones. Other than that it's just some leader material and I'm done.

Same with me. I stopped going years ago. I have a problem with the President of RISAA paying himself a ton of money for a "non-profit" org. JMO

Nebe 03-10-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1139136)
Same with me. I stopped going years ago. I have a problem with the President of RISAA paying himself a ton of money for a "non-profit" org. JMO

Ditto

stinkyink 03-10-2018 06:18 PM

It more or less for the boat guys nowadays but still fun to get out of the house and get the itch for the upcoming season. It's not like it used to be when there were a lot of the custom builders that had booths. Now you'll have to attend shows like Asbury, surfday, or a club that is putting something on to grab some quality stuff

bloocrab 03-11-2018 10:36 AM

To each their own, but I don't think I'd stop going because I thought their president was getting paid too much?
Nor have I cancelled my subscription to "On the Water" because of their tournament. However, I'm all for..."whatever makes you feel better about yourself"...I guess we each "protest" in our own way.

I do get the whole, "I have enough stuff" and possibly don't need the temptation of getting more...and although I do find the prices nothing out of the ordinary, it's nice to be able to put your hands on a multitude of different brands and models as well as see new items without having to visit a few different tackle-shops who may or may not carry them, but can still order it for you if needed. A good place to do your homework, so to speak.

Did anyone pick up anything new? Whether new to them or new to the industry that's worth sharing?
A couple of years back, I picked up a few packets of the "Ultimate Bait Bridle"...I've used it numerous times and definitely think it's something I'll keep in my inventory. It's not fool-proof...but definitely a "keeper" ....for me anyways.

Clammer 03-11-2018 10:58 AM

Bloo Did ya pick up what I asked ya to get for me ><>><:shocked:

Poncho 03-11-2018 07:51 PM

I had a good time I go every year and Invite somebody new ever year to go with me. Saw a few guys I have become friendly with over the last few years. Talked to all e people. Didn’t buy anything didn’t see anything earth shattering but it was fun anyway I’ll go again next year

spinncognito 03-11-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloocrab (Post 1139171)
To each their own, but I don't think I'd stop going because I thought their president was getting paid too much?
Nor have I cancelled my subscription to "On the Water" because of their tournament. However, I'm all for..."whatever makes you feel better about yourself"...I guess we each "protest" in our own way.

I do get the whole, "I have enough stuff" and possibly don't need the temptation of getting more...and although I do find the prices nothing out of the ordinary, it's nice to be able to put your hands on a multitude of different brands and models as well as see new items without having to visit a few different tackle-shops who may or may not carry them, but can still order it for you if needed. A good place to do your homework, so to speak.

Did anyone pick up anything new? Whether new to them or new to the industry that's worth sharing?
A couple of years back, I picked up a few packets of the "Ultimate Bait Bridle"...I've used it numerous times and definitely think it's something I'll keep in my inventory. It's not fool-proof...but definitely a "keeper" ....for me anyways.

Well said. I enjoy the experience and go early enough on Saturday to be done before they place gets overcrowded. Talked to a few guys, picked up a couple guppy pencils and some taug rigs, cheap polarized glasses (so I can sit on them without crushing a $300 pair) and renewed my OTW, all good.

denis 03-12-2018 11:11 AM

I got you some,Mike

Clammer 03-12-2018 02:17 PM

thanks Den , but I forgot what I needed ...I was working on my gear & got so confused I threw a bunch of it away ........................................the living room looks like the basement did when I had those thousands of cars & trucks all over the basement .

Baitman caught the largest white perch he,s ever taken from where he is fishing ..yesterday .

I rode east beach yesterday & the DEM had a [STING} setup for trucks with no passes ><>< no fishing violations thro :huh:

albythereforyou 03-14-2018 09:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have never been until this year, I was booth 432-431, Abe Pieciak and I combined our booths to setup a massive northeast art display...

I had a great time, met so many good people, and actually sold some stuff! I gave some guys a really good deal on some originals, and they both came back and gave me gifts! little did I know who the guys were, I was just being nice.... sometimes the universe rewards you...sometimes... I can't wait to fish them both! I'm gonna try to trade my way onto a tuna trip, and throw this thing at em!

the old penn just screams 50 lber mojo! ;)

Attachment 65021

Attachment 65018

Attachment 65019

Attachment 65020

piemma 03-14-2018 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=Clammer;1139216].the living room looks like the basement did when I had those thousands of cars & trucks all over the basement .

OMG, I remember that!!!!!!:scream::scream::scream:

Poncho 03-14-2018 12:14 PM

Albie. We chatted at the show I didn’t even realize that was you

albythereforyou 03-14-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poncho (Post 1139332)
Albie. We chatted at the show I didn’t even realize that was you

I hope I was nice! :0 I thought about making a little sign with my SB and sol name, but just never got around to it.