Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   bad daddy tourney (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95192)

niko 06-10-2019 06:31 AM

bad daddy tourney

the guys from Buzzards bay anglers club booked me for the Bad Daddy tourney over the weekend. the bite had been fantastic all week but of course the day of the tourney it was blowing 15+ and we were stuck with wind against tide. the fleets were anchored up in all the usual spots but I don't like fleets or anchoring up for sea bass this time of year. the crew went to work and started grinding fish. we found some jumbos but the bite was off a bit but we got our limit of decent fish with a few big boys. it turns out one of our big boys was good enough for 1st place sea bass and the lucky angler ended up with a stack of cash, a nice cooler and a bunch of other goodies. ive only participated in 2 tourneys in my life. the first was a msba derby a few years back, which I won biggest striper of the season. and now Deep Thinker charters has a Bad Daddy win. I may have to start entering more tourneys. I hear s-b.com also has a winner in the kids division but i'll let his dad tell that story

JohnR 06-10-2019 07:28 AM

Cool....

Hmm, Dad ?

bart 06-10-2019 11:27 AM

Nice, Paul
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma 06-10-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko (Post 1168308)
the guys from Buzzards bay anglers club booked me for the Bad Daddy tourney over the weekend. the bite had been fantastic all week but of course the day of the tourney it was blowing 15+ and we were stuck with wind against tide. the fleets were anchored up in all the usual spots but I don't like fleets or anchoring up for sea bass this time of year. the crew went to work and started grinding fish. we found some jumbos but the bite was off a bit but we got our limit of decent fish with a few big boys. it turns out one of our big boys was good enough for 1st place sea bass and the lucky angler ended up with a stack of cash, a nice cooler and a bunch of other goodies. ive only participated in 2 tourneys in my life. the first was a msba derby a few years back, which I won biggest striper of the season. and now Deep Thinker charters has a Bad Daddy win. I may have to start entering more tourneys. I hear s-b.com also has a winner in the kids division but i'll let his dad tell that story

So now we will call you Paulie Tourney!!

Poncho 06-10-2019 12:58 PM

Congratulations

Raider Ronnie 06-10-2019 05:02 PM

You should do a Bad Grampa fishing tournament to see if someone can catch a Large Nosed Carpet Croaker 😜

Guppy 06-10-2019 05:41 PM

Nice job cap

Cool Beans 06-10-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko (Post 1168308)
I hear s-b.com also has a winner in the kids division but i'll let his dad tell that story

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1168312)
Hmm, Dad ?

Who's the proud Dad?

bassballer 06-11-2019 05:14 PM

nice congrats on the win

Clammer 06-11-2019 09:14 PM

we have a lot of winners on S/B if you go back in years :wid:

wdmso 06-13-2019 07:40 AM

Very nice