Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Togfest 2017 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92880)

Guppy 10-05-2017 06:56 PM

Togfest 2017

Let's try for the weekend of Oct. 21st. and 22nd... I'll pick one after everyone chimes in with conflicts... :smash:
One of the two days will be the rain (wind) date..
Middle Street, Fairhaven ramp...
12 Pease St.loc.vcf
Dropped Pin.loc.vcf

Sun up at 7:00 hi tide at 9:30 , should be a good one! :happy:
Soooooo,,, 6:30 show up and BS, then launch....

I'll stock pile bait and if there's enough interest I'll bring a grille for burgers after....

I've got an empty seat Ross.... :-)

Once again, boat lurkers , man up, come along and take SB ers with ya, Togin is fun, right ? :spin:

I'll shake the boat tree this week and see who falls out... And don't try and hide. ;) :heybaby:

Ramp

12 Pease St
Fairhaven, MA 02719
United States

nightfighter 10-05-2017 07:27 PM

Thank you Ray!
I can do Sunday the 22nd.......

seadogg 10-05-2017 08:03 PM

I miss this every year... Gonna be in Salem.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 10-05-2017 08:13 PM

In with the Kid if we can ho a ride!!!

Clammer 10-05-2017 08:18 PM

when ya deside to do a RI one . Dennis & I plus room for one are in <><>:sled:

Fish On 10-05-2017 09:39 PM

I would love to go but I have family commitments that weekend. I had a total blast the year I did go, a great time whether you catch fish or not. Such a good group of guys.

I would like to introduce my son to tog fishing. Not meant to hijack this thread but can anyone recommend a party boat in the NY or CT area that does half days for tog? Thanks much!

nightfighter 10-06-2017 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadogg (Post 1129439)
I miss this every year... Gonna be in Salem.

Funny. We could hear the parade in Salem from my house last night. We avoid driving through the city for the whole month....

If it matters, Ray, as soon as next week is doable too.....I too have big family doings on 10/21

Cool Beans 10-06-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1129442)
when ya deside to do a RI one . Dennis & I plus room for one are in <><>:sled:

I am out solo for tog just about every weekend now, out of the navy base in Newport. If you decide to have an RI togfest I should be able to take 1 or 2 extra fishermen in my old boat.

tysdad115 10-06-2017 08:22 AM

I'd need to ho a ride also..Ty may be interested too but given his typical 16 year old attitude these days he may be best left home....

hq2 10-06-2017 08:39 AM

I would be up for it if I could get a ride. Sure was fun when I did it
a few years ago.

Guppy 10-06-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 1129471)
I'd need to ho a ride also..Ty may be interested too but given his typical 16 year old attitude these days he may be best left home....

The older Ty gets the dumber you get, right?
Been there three times, your day will come, have patience bro LOL

tysdad115 10-06-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1129514)
The older Ty gets the dumber you get, right?
Been there three times, your day will come, have patience bro LOL

Exactly..

wdmso 10-07-2017 03:52 AM

will check for domestic clearance ... work the sat but sunday are days off and i'll offer my boat And will confirm soon

MakoMike 10-07-2017 09:45 AM

Not that you guys should wait for me, but I'm booked that weekend.

Got Stripers 10-07-2017 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fished today, water temps still around 67 in New Bedford area, had to weed through a lot of shorts, but brought home 3 keepers. All caught in shallow water between 10 and 14 feet.

wdmso 10-08-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1129531)
will check for domestic clearance ... work the sat but sunday are days off and i'll offer my boat And will confirm soon

I am in if its going to be Sunday if Saturday I need advance notice to get the day off .. Ill provided the Boat just need help on the where to drop the anchor and crabs I can take 3 plus me will do another if needed dont want to leave anyone dockside

fish raptor 10-08-2017 08:48 PM

Thanks for running with it Ray.

I can definitely do either day.

Since I never Togged yet I only have two choices.....

either ho a ride with someone who's been there done that or...

bring my boat and take someone with me who's been there done that.

I would prefer to join someone else on their boat as trailing my boat all the way from Saratoga New York (4+ hours) for a one day togfest is .....a pain in the ars, but if I have to I will.

Andy and Ty have first dibs on joining me if I end up bringing my boat...

quick question regarding anchoring...

IF I do take my boat can I get away with just using one anchor as I have read some use two..... and regarding anchors....

should I make a grapple anchor as I heard sometimes you can loose an anchor or just rig the store bought anchor with a breakaway tie strap and attached the line to the rear of anchor OR attach a separate line with small float to rear of anchor in case it gets stuck. I take it you can't tog without anchoring ??

Guppy 10-09-2017 07:20 PM

Now we're getting somewhere!
Sunday the 22nd looking good, we'll see

Bait and spots no problem,,, maybe a trip next weekend

Guppy 10-09-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish raptor (Post 1129630)
Thanks for running with it Ray.

I can definitely do either day.

Since I never Togged yet I only have two choices.....

either ho a ride with someone who's been there done that or...

bring my boat and take someone with me who's been there done that.

I would prefer to join someone else on their boat as trailing my boat all the way from Saratoga New York (4+ hours) for a one day togfest is .....a pain in the ars, but if I have to I will.

Andy and Ty have first dibs on joining me if I end up bringing my boat...

quick question regarding anchoring...

IF I do take my boat can I get away with just using one anchor as I have read some use two..... and regarding anchors....

should I make a grapple anchor as I heard sometimes you can loose an anchor or just rig the store bought anchor with a breakaway tie strap and attached the line to the rear of anchor OR attach a separate line with small float to rear of anchor in case it gets stuck. I take it you can't tog without anchoring ??

I'll pm ya with my tog tactics,,, could be useless! :-)

fishrick 10-10-2017 07:09 AM

Had an awesome time a few years ago when I went. Coming from CT. I am in if it is the 22nd. Working at the Owen Strong day the 21st.Need to ho a ride....Niko knew where the tog hung out!!

Got Stripers 10-10-2017 03:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Unless we get some colder weather, the bite might not be in the usual places, as I fished again in New Bedford and had 74 degree water temps. The good news is a happened on a sweat spot and filled my limit with some really nice 22-23" fish, which tipped the scales back home at 7 and 8 lbs. The big one had my crab 30 yards away before I even realized it and what a fight in a kayak.

By the way, who as a good fish cake recipe?

Liv2Fish 10-10-2017 06:49 PM

We're in for either day. Let's hope it cools off.

Guppy 10-11-2017 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liv2Fish (Post 1129729)
We're in for either day. Let's hope it cools off.

:claps:

Got Stripers 10-11-2017 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Downloaded one pic I took with the camera and while they may not be pretty, one look at that tail explains why they are so much fun to catch.

nightfighter 10-13-2017 06:52 AM

Tomorrow looks good, no?.............

Guppy 10-13-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1129886)
Tomorrow looks good, no?.............

Thought about giving you a shout,,,, I've been kidnapped to sit grnd kids tomorrow... Think about next Sunday ...

Bob ( got striper) came with me today,,,, tough going out deep,,, came back in skinny and caught, still slow, they're coming...
I got one that Bob says might be a 10# er. today. Headed for the pan tomorrow ... :-)

Nice day Bob

RickBomba 10-13-2017 07:28 PM

Ray,
If you have a spot for me, I'm in.
LMK,
Rick

RickBomba 10-13-2017 09:19 PM

I'm actually looking for a spot to ho for the trip. If anybody has a spot for me, I'll pay for gas and bait.
Thanks,
Rick

Got Stripers 10-14-2017 03:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Went out with Ray yesterday and there wasn't much action on some of the deeper structure, but once we came back in shallow, we finally got into some keepers. This slob he lucked into I'm guessing was pushing ten pounds and I made good use of mine two keepers later that night. I think this cooler weather might help, but right now the bite is still shallow. Rolled in egg and covered in a coating of panko and a touch of chef Pauls blackened redfish magic, crispy tog is yum, yum.

JohnR 10-15-2017 08:49 AM

If on Sunday would love to ho a spot for me and the kid! Have gascash (Saturday is OwenStrong fundraiser in CT)