Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weekend Plans? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94313)

JohnR 10-12-2018 07:37 AM

Weekend Plans?

Kid's Eagle Scout project is this weekend, so Scouts, SOX, and Pats :tooth:

What's up for the weekend?

afterhours 10-12-2018 07:58 AM

Patriots, Red Sox, Salem with wife on Sat, trap and pew pew Sun am, then leaves - already???

Rockfish9 10-12-2018 08:23 AM

Upgrading and relocating the fuse panel in the boat..
Then putting her to bed..
Pats and 'sox
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jimbo 10-12-2018 08:58 AM

Settled on a small house in S. Yarmouth two weeks ago so have been and still are making it ours and dealing with contractors for some minor stuff (well, new breaker panel isn't so minor I guess). But finally getting out to Smugglers and W. Dennis jetties to tempt the blues and whatever else is around. We're a one truck couple and my wife doesn't like to drive it or be left alone so fishing time is limited and local but happening at last. Met some nice guys out on the rocks. Looking forward to the Sox/Astros series as well. Cape's really nice this time of year, just taking it all in.

MakoMike 10-12-2018 09:45 AM

Weather looks like crap for boat fishing, so I'll probably stay in CT and get some work done around the house.

RIROCKHOUND 10-12-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoMike (Post 1153143)
Weather looks like crap for boat fishing, so I'll probably stay in CT and get some work done around the house.

I keep hearing that, but what the hell are you guys looking at for a forecast?
Sunday looks like a perfect fall day....

Tautog and I are going to drown some crabs and squid. Maybe something will bite...

RI Sound
SUN NW winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming W 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft. SUN NIGHT SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft.

piemma 10-12-2018 10:20 AM

Working at the golf course. Mowing fairways Sat and 1st Cut Sun. Then Pats and Sox.

JFigliuolo 10-12-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1153145)

Tautog and I are going to drown some crabs and squid. Maybe something will bite...

RI Sound
SUN NW winds 5 to 10 kt, becoming W 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft. SUN NIGHT SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft.

Same head scratching going on in my cube...

Clammer 10-12-2018 11:02 AM

RR & Joe Fig ..…….well seeing they fu ck up so much …….. they are right on today / SL OOPY .
seems is we good their wrong & we don,t go the are wrong ………………………..……….They suck .

I made the right move Thrusday ……. went south with the truck ….. even boat guys luck out …..two casts two bass from the beach ><.<:lasso:

Joey if your going .LMK / cage is wet & it counts on Monday :happy:

bassballer 10-12-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

RI Sound

yup sunday should be calm on the reef. Well be out on the grounds.

Got Stripers 10-12-2018 02:30 PM

My friend from last week wants to hit it again Sunday and after this past Sunday, I'm trying to convince him to fish up inside BB, which on Sunday with a westerly will be so much easier to soak crabs in. Probably more of a drive for him, but I'm not sure even with the wind lightening up, outside Westport or Saconett is going to be all that nice to sit on anchor.

Guppy 10-12-2018 02:34 PM

Tog , game

Tog , game

Guppy 10-12-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1153173)
My friend from last week wants to hit it again Sunday and after this past Sunday, I'm trying to convince him to fish up inside BB, which on Sunday with a westerly will be so much easier to soak crabs in. Probably more of a drive for him, but I'm not sure even with the wind lightening up, outside Westport or Saconett is going to be all that nice to sit on anchor.

Tough call... I’ll say Saturday..... :cool:

Slipknot 10-12-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo (Post 1153142)
Settled on a small house in S. Yarmouth two weeks ago so have been and still are making it ours and dealing with contractors for some minor stuff (well, new breaker panel isn't so minor I guess). But finally getting out to Smugglers and W. Dennis jetties to tempt the blues and whatever else is around. We're a one truck couple and my wife doesn't like to drive it or be left alone so fishing time is limited and local but happening at last. Met some nice guys out on the rocks. Looking forward to the Sox/Astros series as well. Cape's really nice this time of year, just taking it all in.

Congrats Jim! I wish you well with your purchase. That is great to hear.

Busy weekend for me but hoping to have a rod with me to see if anything is swimming thru the canal at some point.

Go Sox and Go Pats

Guppy 10-12-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo (Post 1153142)

Good for you neighbor.....
U here full time?

Hookedagain 10-12-2018 05:48 PM

Last weekend of camping, Peters Pond, Sox, Pats and a little fall ball with the boy
Sunday afternoon.

Jimbo 10-13-2018 07:50 AM

Likely eventually, Ray. Gotta unload the NJ property first. In the meantime we'll be back and forth a lot..or at least I will.

MakoMike 10-13-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

RI Sound

Yes Brian, tomorrow doesn't look bad, but today and Monday don't look too good and I hesitate to drive up for just one day.

Got Stripers 10-14-2018 03:31 PM

Was good inside B.B. today, had to go thru 5 quarts to get a limit but my friend and I got six keepers

RIROCKHOUND 10-14-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1153254)
Was good inside B.B. today, had to go thru 5 quarts to get a limit but my friend and I got six keepers

Nice. Slower for us on the Blackfish but the sea bass were top notch...

Clammer 10-14-2018 06:10 PM

RIR Figures ><
:fishin:

Guppy 10-15-2018 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1153254)

Took me 5 gal. To get six!...... :-)

I’m out, restocking this week, u down here for golf I’ll bait u up...