Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Krugman is Great (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=73272)

scottw 09-11-2011 09:06 AM

Krugman is Great

nasty, bitter..... hero of the progressive left....Nobel winner though!

NY Times Opinion

September 11, 2011, 8:41 am
The Years of Shame
by Paul Krugman

Is it just me, or are the 9/11 commemorations oddly subdued?

Actually, I don’t think it’s me, and it’s not really that odd.

What happened after 9/11 — and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not — was deeply shameful. Te atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons.

A lot of other people behaved badly. How many of our professional pundits — people who should have understood very well what was happening — took the easy way out, turning a blind eye to the corruption and lending their support to the hijacking of the atrocity?

The memory of 9/11 has been irrevocably poisoned; it has become an occasion for shame. And in its heart, the nation knows it.

I’m not going to allow comments on this post, for obvious reasons.

yeah, obvious:uhuh:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...gman&seid=auto

spence 09-11-2011 09:28 AM

He could have chosen a more appropriate time for his commentary.

-spence

justplugit 09-11-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 886409)
nasty, bitter..... hero of the progressive left....Nobel winner though!

NY Times Opinion

September 11, 2011, 8:41 am
The Years of Shame
by Paul Krugman

Is it just me, or are the 9/11 commemorations oddly subdued?

Actually, I don’t think it’s me, and it’s not really that odd.

What happened after 9/11 — and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not — was deeply shameful. Te atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons.

A lot of other people behaved badly. How many of our professional pundits — people who should have understood very well what was happening — took the easy way out, turning a blind eye to the corruption and lending their support to the hijacking of the atrocity?

What dimension is this man living in? Absurd.

JohnR 09-11-2011 03:04 PM

Paul Krugman has officially lost the little support / props I still had left for him.

I realize that support plus $4 buys a (cheap) beer but, yes, that is absurd.

Is it just to poke a bee's nest to see what's next?

What he truly believes?

Or some odd narcissism to interject his name in to the talk of the day?

Optical Rectumitis.

Bronko 09-11-2011 04:15 PM

Book smarts and common sense are often not granted to the same person. Those comments are untrue, disgraceful and jam a lit cigarette into a nations unhealed wound. If we could only have swapped Krugman for one of the innocent victims that perished that day.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

justplugit 09-12-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 886476)
Book smarts and common sense are often not granted to the same person.

Man, that is the truth Bronko. As I've said before smart is over rated unless
it' tempered with a lot of experience and wisdom. Few have it.

There are a lot of smart arses out there, but they only fool themselves.

CTSurfrat 09-12-2011 03:11 PM

Krugman is a despicable human being.

fishbones 09-12-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 886412)
He could have chosen a more appropriate time for his commentary.

-spence

Or he could have typed it up, printed it out, wiped his ass with it and flushed it.