Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Vintage Lures (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   plug ID -Jr with scent chamber (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=76424)

wader-dad 03-06-2012 07:58 PM

plug ID -Jr with scent chamber

3 Attachment(s)
I Have for about 6 years- was told it was Steve Campo but sold under some name.

angler229 03-06-2012 08:50 PM

Steve Campo design I think it was sold under trophy tackle name.

GattaFish 03-07-2012 01:18 AM

Way cool.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

vineyardblues 03-07-2012 08:07 AM

Wow , you have a nice one Rob, keep it , hide it :)
Campo is not making any more , been years last time I talked with him

iamskippy 03-07-2012 09:43 AM

that is a way cool plug , way to have one with a stink hole

blondterror 03-07-2012 01:02 PM

what did poeple put in the stink hole... fish oil, eel chum.extract, might need to make a A40 with one... use a extra small salt shaker top... could even thread the wood to screw it on and off

metallip 03-07-2012 03:35 PM

a small piece of a cloth or sponge was inside and just drip some bunker oil into it

capesams 03-07-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallip (Post 925782)
a small piece of a cloth or sponge was inside and just drip some bunker oil into it

:wavey:...nice to see an old name.

wader-dad 03-08-2012 07:53 AM

Thanks guys- I found this on Trophy Tackle. I love this kind of stuff.

Dee was a good friend of Stevie's and if I am not mistaken, Dee was a freind of Stevie's Dad before he departed. So Stevie kept in touch with Dee through the years... kind of like a family friend. I don't think Dee was an angler. At least I never fished with him or heard him speak of fishing, but Dee made a lot of custom tackle for Stevie. Dee had an enormous metalmaking shop, and mostly did NYC municipal contract work - traffic signs, stuff for Board of Ed, etc. Dee had pretty much any machine tool you could ever think of - and a large scale operation employing many people. But Trophy Tackle and the plugs you see there were Steve's creation - although Dee did them at his shop. I really don't think Steve had the money to get a start-up company off the ground was the problem. There never really was a company to speak of, and I don't thnk many of those plugs were ever made. The "Trophy Tackle" ones made by Dee for Stevie had to be the early nineteen-eighties.

metallip 03-08-2012 01:38 PM

steve and i worked for dee for awhile at the alarm compy. Dee loved to fish he stayed down littleneck bay most of the time a great guy

wader-dad 03-08-2012 06:39 PM

Bobby- So Dee loved to fish. There is a lot of wrong stuff said on these boards and your knowledge is tremendous. Thanks so much for setting things straight.

Did you ever turn plugs for Campo?

Raven 03-11-2012 05:10 PM

i like that hardware... the mesh button? and what.... the other is plastic/rubber?
hard to tell by the pic

numbskull 03-11-2012 06:09 PM

They made a darter, too. That I've seen, but did they produce anything else?

wader-dad 03-13-2012 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This was the Darter also made in Dee's shop for Campo. Not mine. According to Bobby, a few were absolute killers, others did not swim correctly. Very hard to get the angles right all the time. Still a few of the very good ones out there. Not many made.