Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump wants to reward sanctuary cities with lots of illegals (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95003)

Jim in CT 04-13-2019 09:42 AM

Trump wants to reward sanctuary cities with lots of illegals

For two years, I have heard liberals sing the praises of illegal
aliens - they are ethical, decent people, they make us stronger, they help our economy, they bring crime rates down, theybare the best of America, etc...

Then Trump, being the vindictive baby he is, threatens to send all the illegals to sanctuary cities.

Now, the same exact liberals who loved illegals yesterday, are now all appalled that Trump would dump them in their cities. That’s the term
they are all using, “dump”.

Dump is what you do with garbage. Like Trump is going to leave flaming bags of dog poop on their stoops, instead of the wonderful
people we were told they are.

Funny how their tune changes to one of pure racism, when Trump calls their bluff.

I’m not saying Trump has noble
motives here, he doesn’t. But the way these elitist liberals
turned into anti-Latino xenophobes at the thought of these people settling where THEY live, is a riot.

spence 04-13-2019 10:11 AM

Jim, people here under asylum law aren’t illegals. Also I saw several mayors welcoming them.

At least you got the vindictive baby part right.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles 04-13-2019 10:14 AM

Like I explained to a lib friend; if you are so concerned with these illegal carpetbaggers why not help some local folks who are in need. Open your home to some of your local homeless people and demonstrate your good intentions. Everybody thinks it’s a good idea until they have to actually contribute in some small way. These folks like to talk about it but would never dream of lifting a finger.

PaulS 04-13-2019 11:00 AM

Pathetic that our president would suggest a policy that he thinks will hurt some people. What a small sad man.

Sea Dangles 04-13-2019 11:10 AM

He is just giving them what they asked for

PaulS 04-13-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1165582)
He is just giving them what they asked for

So he's not doing it because he thinks he could hurt those areas?

wdmso 04-13-2019 12:43 PM

As I said before only Trump and his supporters would think that these people would stay put and not go find family and friends which was their plan to start with ...:rotflmao:

So lets put them in a buses drive them hundreds of miles with their clothes on their backs and kick them out on the street and drive away.... And his supports love the Idea ...

Here's an idea lets start up or internment camps again for anyone spanish.. Citizen or Illegal and solve the browning of America in one move

Seem's we have plenty of people who are willing to play along with whatever Trump wants to do

wdmso 04-13-2019 01:16 PM

Just read this About Trump's comments

We could do a lot of things to make the situation on the border functioning. And that’s what a normal president would be focused on. That’s what a governor would be doing. That’s what a mayor is doing. Instead of doing actual policy, he’s just doing — he’s treating it all as a Twitter game to make his base feel good about themselves.”

Sea Dangles 04-13-2019 06:19 PM

When you plant corn,you are probably going to get corn.

Jim in CT 04-13-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1165585)
So he's not doing it because he thinks he could hurt those areas?

Who does it hurt, and why? Does it hurt less when all the illegals settle in Texas and Arizona? Does it hurt them less?

Nebe 04-13-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1165596)
When you plant corn,you are probably going to get corn.

The main ingredient of Cheetos. True fact

detbuch 04-13-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1165578)
Jim, people here under asylum law aren’t illegals. Also I saw several mayors welcoming them.

At least you got the vindictive baby part right.

Most of those who show up for their court date are determined to not have a legitimate reason for asylum. And the vast majority don't even show up for their day in court. So those are all here illegally. I don't think that mayors welcoming is what makes them legal.

wdmso 04-14-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1165602)
Most of those who show up for their court date are determined to not have a legitimate reason for asylum. And the vast majority don't even show up for their day in court. So those are all here illegally. I don't think that mayors welcoming is what makes them legal.

More bedtime stories
DOJ Stats

In 2017, the vast majority, 89 percent, of those claiming asylum showed up for their trials, meaning that decisions were not made “in absentia.” In 2016, 91 percent showed up, and in 2015, 93 percent of asylum decisions were not made in absentia, meaning that the asylum seeker was, indeed, present.

wdmso 04-14-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1165588)

Here's an idea lets start up or internment camps again

Seem's we have plenty of people who are willing to play along with whatever Trump wants to do

TRUMP officials also discussed whether the U.S. military could legally run the camps once the migrants are housed

Looks likethey thought about it all ready MY suggestion was sarcasm their is not

Sea Dangles 04-14-2019 07:51 AM

Maybe we can build Holiday Inns a little faster.

PaulS 04-14-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1165597)
Who does it hurt, and why? Does it hurt less when all the illegals settle in Texas and Arizona? Does it hurt them less?

I never said it hurts anybody. What I said was our president who's supposed to be president for all thinks it hurt someone and that's why he is doing it. He's a small Petty person.

detbuch 04-14-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1165606)
More bedtime stories
DOJ Stats

In 2017, the vast majority, 89 percent, of those claiming asylum showed up for their trials, meaning that decisions were not made “in absentia.” In 2016, 91 percent showed up, and in 2015, 93 percent of asylum decisions were not made in absentia, meaning that the asylum seeker was, indeed, present.

The latest DHS figures (Nov. 2018) claim that 91% of asylum seekers from Central America that go through the process do not qualify for asylum. And that 31 % don't show up for their court date. And that 40% who pass their initial review don't even file an application.

The greatest percentage of asylum seekers by country is from China. There are asylum seekers from around the world. Did your earlier DOJ figures include asylum seekers only from Central America or from all countries?

Jim in CT 04-14-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1165611)
I never said it hurts anybody. What I said was our president who's supposed to be president for all thinks it hurt someone and that's why he is doing it. He's a small Petty person.

he’s not president if people here illegally. and you implied this would
hurt somebody.

PaulS 04-14-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1165613)
he’s not president if people here illegally. and you implied this would
hurt somebody.

He's doing it to hurt to Sanctuary cities

wdmso 04-14-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1165612)
The latest DHS figures (Nov. 2018) claim that 91% of asylum seekers from Central America that go through the process do not qualify for asylum. And that 31 % don't show up for their court date. And that 40% who pass their initial review don't even file an application.

The greatest percentage of asylum seekers by country is from China. There are asylum seekers from around the world. Did your earlier DOJ figures include asylum seekers only from Central America or from all countries?

All asylum seekers ...

Please post these DHS links

Funny no one has issue with the China who alone accounted for an impressive 36% of the asylum grants .. here is the top 5
China
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico

This chart is interesting

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/world...ity/index.html

Sea Dangles 04-14-2019 05:29 PM

FWIW,I have a problem w China.

Jim in CT 04-14-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1165614)
He's doing it to hurt to Sanctuary cities

ok. if liberals are right and illegals are as swell as they claim they are, why does it hurt sanctuary cities to take them in? does it hurt san francisco more to take in illegals, than it hurts TX and AZ.

trump called their bluff, they folded immediately and ran away from the table, shrieking.

PaulS 04-14-2019 07:04 PM

Shrieking? Did you not read the news or are you lying? Many of the Mayors have said that they would welcome them. Our president is purposely trying to hurt cities which do not support him and yet I am sure his approval rating will stay at 90% with Republicans .
Pathetic

detbuch 04-14-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1165615)
All asylum seekers ...

Then those stats don't reflect the number of Central Americans that showed up for their court appearance. If the number of those showing up included China and others who did so in greater percentages, then the total percentage is skewed higher than if only those from Central America are counted. And if from those Central Americans who claimed asylum and filed a petition at the border 31% didn't show for court date, and if 40% didn't even file an application after their initial border interview, then the percentage not going to court after seeking asylum at the border is pretty high.

Please post these DHS links

The DHS stats may not yet have been published. Katie Waldman, DHS press secretary stated the numbers in an interview. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...laims-n2536741

I assume she knew what the numbers were and didn't just make them up.

Funny no one has issue with the China who alone accounted for an impressive 36% of the asylum grants .. here is the top 5
China
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico

This chart is interesting

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/world...ity/index.html

Asylum seekers from places like China, Ethiopia, and Nepal can probably present more substantial cases for asylum than those from Central America.

The Dad Fisherman 04-15-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1165623)
Shrieking? Did you not read the news or are you lying? Many of the Mayors have said that they would welcome them.

Then what’s the problem? :huh:

PaulS 04-15-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1165629)

Isn't Trump doing this bc he thinks it will cause those cities pain.

So you approve of a Pres. putting a policy in place that is just being done bc he thinks it will cause people pain?

The Dad Fisherman 04-15-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1165630)

So you approve of a Pres. putting a policy in place that is just being done bc he thinks it will cause people pain?

Well if everything is ok, then the jokes on him, isn’t it.

Sea Dangles 04-15-2019 07:58 AM

Please stop whining Paul,you are supposed to be a grown man.

PaulS 04-15-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1165629)

PaulS 04-15-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1165632)
Please stop whining Paul,you are supposed to be a grown man.

I know that you are too unintelligent to respond to the post so just stop being a #^&#^&#^&#^&.

You made a fool of yourself in the thread about taxes and showed you really know nothing.