Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So.....What's Up!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=70081)

Sgt Striper 03-27-2011 10:34 AM

So.....What's Up!!

Been kind of quiet here, done building or finishing up all the forgotten projects? It won't be long before the fish are here so I am finishing some plugs up for some friends and making a few for myself.
Building big one's!! Large BM Danny's, large Goo Goo's, and a few 7" & 8" Pikies. I'm all over the place like fly's on poo, Have like a dozen various styles ready for paint and now I start the big stuff!:confused:

BigFish 03-27-2011 11:23 AM

Working on my usual plugs and a bunch of cool repro's which you can see at the SWLCC Show on April 30th in Bourne! So getting amped up for that and today started building some new permanent work benches in my shop.....FINALLY!!! Its gonna be nice!:uhuh: Thats all here right now!

Sgt Striper 03-27-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 847410)
Working on my usual plugs and a bunch of cool repro's which you can see at the SWLCC Show on April 30th in Buzzards Bay!

Another show I really would like to go to, but I guess I'll be missing another great event!!
Whoever goes please take plenty of pic's and post!!

BigFish 03-27-2011 04:29 PM

This show is a vintage saltwater lure show...buy/sell/swap....and there will be several custom builders there such as Gary Soldati of Big Water Lures, Billy Riker of RuRu Lures, Chumbucket and Capesams will be there as well as BigFish Bait Co. There is an amazing array of vintage lure and memorabilia collections on hand for display and included in these collections are some lures you may never see in a lifetime unless you attend this show!! The collectors themselves are the most knowledgeable in regards to vintage lures as you will find anyplace under one roof! They will also be doing free appraisals so if you have anything you may want looked at....bring it along! Believe me when I tell you if you can make this show.....don't miss it!!!:uhuh:

Did I mention that Don and Steve Musso from Super Strike Lures will be having a table at the show???

ProfessorM 03-27-2011 07:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
some stuff I finished last week, finally.
Large and med. musso swimmers,surface and pines. Some small Pichney dannies in back ground.
some larger Pichney Darters
Some smaller Pichney and Musso Darters and some small eely's in the back ground. Got some more stuff I am finishing up too.

Sea Dangles 03-27-2011 08:06 PM

Any maples Paul?
How deep will that darter swim?

Sgt Striper 03-27-2011 08:09 PM

Larry, thanks for telling me what I will miss. Paul you've been busy and as usual they look great, and the paint and finish superb!!

BigFish 03-27-2011 08:18 PM

Sorry Sarge...wish you could make it.

rayndogg 03-27-2011 08:31 PM

great workPaul very clean!! Larry where is this swow on the 30th of april up speak of???

thanks Rene

BigFish 03-27-2011 08:33 PM

Go to the clubs website SWLCC.com or there is info here in the vintage lure forum!

ProfessorM 03-27-2011 08:41 PM

Chris there is one med maple in there somewhere and I have 2 Sr. maples waiting for paint.

numbskull 03-28-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 847503)

Smart guy waiting until after plugfest.

pbadad 03-28-2011 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a few big divers I did to get away from turning baseball bats. I needed a little no brainer R & R. They weigh in 4.0-4.7oz. Slope heads are shallow divers and the dish nose is a medium to deep. The deep divers have an additional weight 3 gr. in the chin w/ #6 screws 2 gr. into lip.

Eric Roach 03-28-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbadad (Post 847795)
Here's a few big divers I did to get away from turning baseball bats. I needed a little no brainer R & R. They weigh in 4.0-4.7oz. Slope heads are shallow divers and the dish nose is a medium to deep. The deep divers have an additional weight 3 gr. in the chin w/ #6 screws 2 gr. into lip.

Those are very, very sweet.

blondterror 03-29-2011 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 847503)
Large and med. musso swimmers,surface and pines. Some small Pichney dannies in back ground.
some larger Pichney Darters
Some smaller Pichney and Musso Darters and some small eely's in the back ground. Got some more stuff I am finishing up too.

Paul-

Love this batch... esp the gold Senior Musso... I asked Steve which was the best color in the deep diver and he said his Dad swore by all white and gold... It will be fun to see all the great stuff at the Collectors show at the end of April.....

chefchris401 03-29-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbadad (Post 847795)

Love the creek chub color scheme in the top left.

Nice looking plugs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wrikerjr 03-29-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefchris401 (Post 847870)
Love the creek chub color scheme in the top left.

Nice looking plugs.

Agreed, Nice white scale!!!

pbadad 03-29-2011 05:44 PM

Thanks guys. Yeh I saw the white scale on a friends pikie and gave it a whirl. The thing about covering black is the multiple coats of white thru the scale mesh. I use a non pearl white for maximum coverage. That is 3 coat of opaque white then dried with the heat gun between coats. I did a pink scale with black back and fogged in purple over white pearl belly. I did notice because of the extra coats the scale effect is like three dimentional. But it's all good. I'll post a pix later.

sorethumb 03-30-2011 03:16 AM

You guys are really good those are some nice plugs those darters are insanely nice as are all the rest.

pbadad 03-30-2011 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
BLACK/PINK SCALE W/ FOGGED PURPLE BELLY 4.7 OZ. DEEP DIVER

sorethumb 03-30-2011 11:01 AM

Very nice work that paint job is killer.

JMAC_kerel 03-30-2011 11:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice batches of plugs guys!

Ok I'll bite. I have been working on plugs for a swap I am involved in and not much else lately. After this swap (and PlugFest) I will have more than I will be able to fish the entire year. :smash:

Here is my latest batch. A school of mackerel slow sinking glide/jerkbaits.

Attachment 45973Attachment 45974

hardcore from shore 03-30-2011 09:54 PM

Here are a few new works from Plugbillder (my dad)

3 Attachment(s)
Blonde Terror gave him a tiger blank at Plugfest and Bill turned it into a nice 9" needle. He added the scaling on the bottom as well.

I am taking the 3 unpainted Stubby's with me to have my grand daughters paint them in Dallas and then Bill will finish the "4 generation plugs" (their mom will help them). I plan on fishing them this spring and sending each a picture of the fish I catch on them. We are also doing "bassmaster classic" with canned corn for bait when I am in Dallas this weekend at a local park pond. The girls are 3 , 5 and 7 and love to fish and catch. The metal lip has scaling and gold micro glitter. It is a knock off of one of Slipknot's plugs.

The last picture is the scaling effect on the bottom of the needle and metal lip Bill has started doing since Plugfest. You guys were a real inspiration.

blondterror 03-31-2011 06:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here is my completed 7" eelie with the aluminium wire shortie pieces along the lateral line. I stained it with blue water soluble wood dye... i trued to get a dappled effect on the top which actually came out great. we shall see if it fishes well... fun making this one

saltydog 03-31-2011 05:03 PM

PAUL, that blue darter is:drool::drool: putting my order in for NEXT PLUGFEST.:love:
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN:gh:

blondterror 04-01-2011 05:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished rigging my 10 new Musso Seniors with VMC 4/0s and most with flags and 1 with a dressed siwash... They are a mix of Pines & maples and 1 or 2 AYC... some surface swimmers, deep divers, and 2 trollers. Now the fun part comes... learning how to tune the tips/line ties, and where and how to fish these plugs... Some may end up with fishing buds... for boat trips with Ross and Buzz.... maybe even " Got Tuna"

Also finished rigging the stained blue eelie with aluminium wire inserts for lateral line reflections... I am happy with the result....

blondterror 04-01-2011 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And a couple pics of the 7inch eelie with the wire inserts...

chefchris401 04-01-2011 06:56 PM

Chris that blind musso slant head in the last pic is sweet!! That's my favorite of em all.

Stuff looks really nice.

ProfessorM 04-01-2011 07:59 PM

nice job on all of them.

Sgt Striper 04-03-2011 09:13 AM

Ready for Epoxy

3 Attachment(s)
Got a chance to test swim the new ones on thurs., so it was a long painting session yesterday. Large and med. Goo Goo's to paint today and start epoxy tonight. Pikie's are 7" & 8", BM Dannies lg. and med. Also have to turn a Nike for Chris (BT) and a Pikester.