Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Is it getting hot in the kitchen Donald? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94532)

Got Stripers 12-07-2018 05:44 PM

Is it getting hot in the kitchen Donald?

What a week to be POTUS. Man oh man, Donald hated the McCain week of tribute, this H.W. week must have been a bitch and then you add the two court filings by Mueller. All the living presidents and their wives eagerly participating in the services for HW and Donald being Donald, sit's hands crossed with a when is this going to get over look on his face. Then there is the stock market this week, which he took all the credit for when it was doing so well, then the two court filings by Mueller. POTUS isn't going to be sleeping well, it's all night TV and twitter now boys and girls.

He already started venting on twitter, I'm sure that's a big shock to us all. Unbelievable how he raves about people when they join his team are suddenly they are dumb as a rock (Russ T) when they speak out against him. Tillerson was anything but dumb as a rock, but POTUS is looking more and more like he is.

He's probably thankful a sitting president has never been charged criminally, because if they could he'd be sleeping less than he is now.

detbuch 12-07-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1157013)
What a week to be POTUS. Man oh man, Donald hated the McCain week of tribute, this H.W. week must have been a bitch and then you add the two court filings by Mueller. All the living presidents and their wives eagerly participating in the services for HW and Donald being Donald, sit's hands crossed with a when is this going to get over look on his face. Then there is the stock market this week, which he took all the credit for when it was doing so well, then the two court filings by Mueller. POTUS isn't going to be sleeping well, it's all night TV and twitter now boys and girls.

He already started venting on twitter, I'm sure that's a big shock to us all. Unbelievable how he raves about people when they join his team are suddenly they are dumb as a rock (Russ T) when they speak out against him. Tillerson was anything but dumb as a rock, but POTUS is looking more and more like he is.

He's probably thankful a sitting president has never been charged criminally, because if they could he'd be sleeping less than he is now.

You sound more upbeat about all that than you do about the stock market.

spence 12-08-2018 12:22 PM

You forgot the part about Trump being implicated in two felonies.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 12-08-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1157059)
You forgot the part about Trump being implicated in two felonies.

someone's got a chubby :wiggle:

PaulS 12-08-2018 04:15 PM

The same day that Trump hit back Tillerson with childish Petty insults we learned that President Bush's Secretary of State Baker rubbed President Bush's feet on his deathbed and cried as he eulogized his friend. I'd be surprised if anyone ever did that for President Trump.

scottw 12-08-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1157067)
The same day that Trump hit back Tillerson with childish Petty insults we learned that President Bush's Secretary of State Baker rubbed President Bush's feet on his deathbed and cried as he eulogized his friend. I'd be surprised if anyone ever did that for President Trump.

who will be rubbing carter, clinton and obama's feet? :confused:

PaulS 12-08-2018 04:44 PM

All of them have lifelong friends who speak highly of them

Jim in CT 12-08-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1157067)

there is
no arguing that, that’s as big a contrast as you can make between two men. Trump has some tender moments ( held the face of a wounded soldier who had no hands, he kissed bob dole), but those are lost by his boorish antics. yours was a very effective post

scottw 12-08-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1157071)
All of them have lifelong friends who speak highly of them

you said rub their feet...there's a big difference

PaulS 12-08-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1157073)
you said rub their feet...there's a big difference

If your best friend was dying you wouldn't rub his feet if that eased his pain.

scottw 12-08-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1157074)
If your best friend was dying you wouldn't rub his feet if that eased his pain.

I didn't say that...

PaulS 12-08-2018 05:49 PM

So get out the Google and look up who their best friends are.

Sea Dangles 12-08-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1157070)
who will be rubbing carter, clinton and obama's feet? :confused:

Spence would start at the feet.

Raider Ronnie 12-09-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1157080)
Spence would start at the feet.

No, about 30-40 inches higher

RIROCKHOUND 12-09-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1157098)
No, about 30-40 inches higher

Stop posting your secret fantasies online Ronnie....

spence 12-09-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1157100)
Stop posting your secret fantasies online Ronnie....

One things for sure with those two, can’t go too many posts without the twig and berries popping up. Must just always be on their minds.

Jim in CT 12-11-2018 06:56 AM

so if the money that trump used to pay off mistresses is a campaign contribution that must be disclosed, how bout the slush funds set up for congressmen to do the same exact thing? why isn’t the
media demanding that the congressmen who spent that money to pay off
mistresses, be indicted as well?

Congress had a slush fund for this exact purpose.

PaulS 12-11-2018 07:29 AM

The FBI and DOJ must not like Individual 1.

wdmso 12-11-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1157193)
so if the money that trump used to pay off mistresses is a campaign contribution that must be disclosed, how bout the slush funds set up for congressmen to do the same exact thing? why isn’t the
media demanding that the congressmen who spent that money to pay off
mistresses, be indicted as well?

Congress had a slush fund for this exact purpose.

. What a suprise it’s not a slush fund ... seems you were fed bad info.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/co...ally-harassed/

This system grows out of a 1995 law, known as the Congressional Accountability Act,

Got Stripers 12-11-2018 08:33 AM

When the second mueller shoe finally drops I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s like a football play with multiple flags by the defense, which one gets taken and by who will be fun for me anyway to watch. One flag may be taken in Washington and the other will be picked up in the NY justice system.

Jim in CT 12-11-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1157204)
. What a suprise it’s not a slush fund ... seems you were fed bad info.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/co...ally-harassed/

This system grows out of a 1995 law, known as the Congressional Accountability Act,

Well according to the right wing nuts at CNN, the Office Of Compliance has paid $17 million to sexual harassment victims since its creation. That's taxpayer money.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/polit...ent/index.html

WDMSO, please tell us, if Trumps payoff to his mistress is legally a campaign contribution, why aren't the payouts from the office of compliance, also a campaign contribution? Please explain the difference?

Also, if Trump buys toothpaste or gets a haircut, does he need to disclose that money as a self-financed campaign contribution? Is everything that impacts appearance or image, now a campaign contribution that must be disclosed?