Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Mary Lou's coffee (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=77714)

Raider Ronnie 05-24-2012 02:57 PM

Mary Lou's coffee

So they are on the front page of the Boston Herald because of their hiring practices.
Mostly hire young white good looking girls.
Wonder if the investigators will be doing the same with Hooters or Chineese joints ?

tysdad115 05-24-2012 02:58 PM

:nopics:

JohnnyD 05-24-2012 04:55 PM

Maybe it's because they only hire people that speak English. I agree with tysdad though... let's get some pictures.

mag minnow 05-24-2012 07:13 PM

http://***.marylous.com/charmsphotos.html

Check out the link... :D

JohnnyD 05-24-2012 07:26 PM

After looking at the photos posted by mag minnow.... I see nothing wrong with what Mary Lou's is doing. :uhuh:

Aren't there a bunch of coffee shops where the girls only wear lingerie?

mag minnow 05-24-2012 07:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I frequent the one by Sandwich Marina...

Jackbass 05-24-2012 08:16 PM

They should be all over dunkins then for hiring predominantly Brazilian women they are obviously biased
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 05-24-2012 08:30 PM

Hey, even the thought of a lugey ain't bad

PRBuzz 05-25-2012 05:06 AM

20th Anniversary for a famous chain known for wings and orange short-shorts, they must have withstood a few changes of hiring discrimination?

:: Hooters Hall O Fame::

JohnnySaxatilis 05-25-2012 06:13 AM

There's a dime piece that works in the one at the shell now... I came in there at 430 am recently stinkin like you know what, bleary eyed, walkin sideways and i was like, "heyyyyy you". and then she threw up in her mouth...

Ive been saying this for years and my friends who havent been to one didnt believe me. I now have proof!

RIJIMMY 05-25-2012 06:58 AM

ahh New England.......I'm sure some liberals are behind this.
What about the KNockouts hair cut chain??

You New Englanders will be surrounded by hotties like the Indian Princess Liz Warren!

Why not come to Texas boys, they appreciate entrepreneurship and fine looking woman. I save you seat at the bar..........

Redneck Heaven Restaurant & Bar, Lewisville, Texas

Twin Peaks Restaurants | Sports Bar and Grill Serving American Food

Big Racks BBQ Grapevine Texas, Best BBQ DFW, Dallas sports bar

Raider Ronnie 05-25-2012 09:27 AM

I would move there in a second and not look back if i could deal with the heat. I'm a cold weather person.

QUOTE=RIJIMMY;940814]ahh New England.......I'm sure some liberals are behind this.

You New Englanders will be surrounded by hotties like the Indian Princess Liz Warren!

Why not come to Texas boys, they appreciate entrepreneurship and fine looking woman. I save you seat at the bar..........

Big Racks BBQ Grapevine Texas, Best BBQ DFW, Dallas sports bar[/QUOTE]
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115 05-25-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mag minnow (Post 940786)
I frequent the one by Sandwich Marina...

SPOT BURN ! That parking lot will be full of vehicles with S-B stickers now..

MotoXcowboy 05-25-2012 09:53 AM

I think its overrated.. I see them when I get gasoline. I don't drink coffee.. Can't believe some of the lines the store generates on Rte 44. Island Girl tells me the coffee is good. The girls there seem to young for my interests..

RIJIMMY 05-25-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoXcowboy (Post 940845)
The girls there seem to young for my interests..

Thats because you're not old enough yet :uhuh:

fishbones 05-25-2012 11:18 AM

It's mostly high school girls at that place. For some reason, the HS girls seem a little chunky compared to the college girls. Maybe once they get to college, they realize there's a little more competition to give a bj to the captain of the football team, so they get their fat asses in shape.

tysdad115 05-25-2012 11:50 AM

Now thats a unique way to put things in perspective....

RIJIMMY 05-25-2012 11:50 AM

or, colleges girls are not at home and can spend more time "exercising" with others.......

MarshCappa 05-25-2012 11:52 AM

I worked next to one in Hingham and their coffee is just ok. It was a nice break though to chat it up with them. I love that link to the Big Racks BBQ!!!!!! Holy Cow!!! LOVE IT!!:love::love:

fishbones 05-25-2012 12:17 PM

QUOTE=RIJIMMY;940814]ahh New England.......I'm sure some liberals are behind this.

Big Racks BBQ Grapevine Texas, Best BBQ DFW, Dallas sports bar[/QUOTE]
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE]

I just spent the last half hour checking out those places in Texas. I'll be coming down for a visit after fishing season ends. :drool:

RIJIMMY 05-25-2012 12:29 PM

Come on down John, there about 15 mins from my house.
Bible belt my ass. Yee f'in hah!

and PS, the fishing season never ends down there!

fishbones 05-25-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 940874)
Come on down John, there about 15 mins from my house.
Bible belt my ass. Yee f'in hah!

and PS, the fishing season never ends down there!

I'll be down as soon as the season ends up here. Should I learn to like tequlia, or can I stick with vodka and beer down there?

RIJIMMY 05-25-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 940875)
I'll be down as soon as the season ends up here. Should I learn to like tequlia, or can I stick with vodka and beer down there?

lone star and shiner bock.....

BMEUPSCOTTY 05-28-2012 02:03 PM

few years back when I was doing a little landscrapin on the side, on Braintree day we always hit Mary Lou's... can't say I remember how good the coffee was, but the talent and the service was great... they had a good system for a tiny little store... they had cups for iced coffee with the ice already in them in a cooler next to the line, just grab your size and hand it to the beautiful creature behind the counter.

BigFish 05-28-2012 05:50 PM

I think their coffee tastes like it was ladled out of someones ass so.........:yak:

BigFish 05-28-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 940724)
So they are on the front page of the Boston Herald because of their hiring practices.
Mostly hire young white good looking girls.
Wonder if the investigators will be doing the same with Hooters or Chineese joints ?

Or the news stations???? All pretty babes on the news stations???

RIJIMMY 05-30-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 941219)
I think their coffee tastes like it was ladled out of someones ass so.........:yak:

considering the context of hot girls, am I the only one turned on by this?

coffee in the back and a little sugar in front, works for me

Jim in CT 05-30-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 941241)
Or the news stations???? All pretty babes on the news stations???

GREAT observation.

Liberals have no quarrel with the fact that news stations, and Hollywood movie studios, tend to hire attractive folks. Those entities are left-leaning, so their hiring practices receive zero scrutiny.

But it's wrong for a coffee shop to do the same?

That's pure liberal hypocrisy.

If you don't like their hiring practices, go to another coffee shop.

spence 05-30-2012 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 941530)
GREAT observation.

Liberals have no quarrel with the fact that news stations, and Hollywood movie studios, tend to hire attractive folks. Those entities are left-leaning, so their hiring practices receive zero scrutiny.

But it's wrong for a coffee shop to do the same?

That's pure liberal hypocrisy.

If you don't like their hiring practices, go to another coffee shop.

I think you're stretching (yet again) ...

With the discrimination case here you're talking about a coffee shop (basically requiring no skills other than some personality) hiring only young women because of their looks with the objective to increase revenue by basically selling sex.

TV personalities by contrast have to establish a credible resume to land a premium spot on network or cable news. Certainly there appears to be a preference for attractive people, but I'm not sure this is really any different for men vs women. News people tend to be attractive or have substantial other skills or credibility that justifies their position.

Ultimately, I don't think many would watch FOX over MSNBS because of how many babes they have. At Mary Lou's that appears to be their big differentiation.

Personally, I really like the news delivery of Tamron Hall :love:

-spence

Pete F. 05-30-2012 11:44 AM

Strip clubs are next!
1000#s of women on stage, that's both of them. Whoo Hoo