Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Meet & Greet Forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   New to the forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=75812)

Chris The Greek 02-01-2012 11:54 AM

New to the forum

Hello everyone. I have seen a lot of solid information you guys put out there and I thought it will be nice to associate with an awesome group of people and learn a thing or two. I only surfcast the beaches and jetiies of central New Jersey. I goo out with my son who just turned 8 and he has been by my side for the last 4 years. I have met alot of nice guys out on the beach and I love this sport and all the memories associated with it. But what intriques me the most is the planning, preparation, previous knowledge and ability it requires to "meet" the magnificent striper that is so mysterious.
I am not an expert by far and I learn from everyone and everything. Then I teach my son - he is my legacy. We have been fortunate enough to C&R some nice fish together. Now we are planning the upcoming spring season and he wants to hook up with a 40 lbr this year. With all the bunker around for the last 3 years I think that is a feasible goal for him.
I am excited to be here and looking forward.

fishbones 02-01-2012 12:22 PM

Welcome to the site, Chris. You'll find a ton of good info here, especially if you stay out of the political forum.

That's awesome to hear about you fishing with your son. Mine got his first striper last summer at 6 years old. I'm looking forward to a lot more fishing with him this coming season.

tysdad115 02-01-2012 12:42 PM

Welcome to S-B. Great to hear your fishing partner is your son too,mine's the same to me, and out fishes me on a regular basis! But thats not difficult to do..

JohnR 02-03-2012 08:04 AM

Welcome to S-B

Yes, I like fishing with my 11 year old too - though we don't go enough...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcfLTqEBfk

A couple years ago on his first keepers

Swimmer 02-03-2012 01:31 PM

Welcome aboard Chris.

ProfessorM 02-03-2012 07:18 PM

welcome

Chris The Greek 02-07-2012 10:22 AM

Thank you for the welcoming messages. It is great to hear and see "our" boys and girls going out and fish. It is up to us to perpetuate this tradition. Once again thank you.

Van 02-08-2012 11:36 AM

YASSOU !!!!!!

Hot Rod 02-26-2012 02:53 PM

first 40 pounder

Hello Chris the Greek, I have had some nice fishing along NJ beaches over the years trying to get a few in on their way to Cape Cod in the spring. My 8 year old grandson caught his first 38lb last summer in the Canal. Make sure you keep the drag loose on you sons reel as a cow can really give him a good pull. I found keeping a log on my fishing adventures has helped me a lot. Water temps, dates, times, bait around, moon, the whole thing. After you build some data it starts to make sense. Well happy hunting!