Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   DIY - Forum (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Flag (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98606)

Got Stripers 01-22-2023 02:57 PM

Flag

3 Attachment(s)
Storms seem to now always come with high winds and I’m tired of replacing flags before even getting a year out of them, so I’m finishing up a permanent replacement to mount below my eagle.

Also wrapped up a fun guitar which is available if anyone is interested, as is the crane.

Got Stripers 01-27-2023 07:02 PM

That flag is now up to permanently replace the wind torn flag and I was really happy with how it turned out, so I’ve started another to sell. I have a good idea on previous carvings, but don’t have a good idea what to charge, feedback would be appreciated. It’s 40” x 20” x 2”, white pine, painted and sealed with multiple coats of spar urethane.

redlite 01-27-2023 08:16 PM

Cool
There is a guy down the street from me here in Westport that has made a killing off of making flags out of essentially butcher block countertops to hang in houses that the yuppies can't get enough of. From the pics yours looks more artistic. I ll find out how much he charges and perhaps that would give u a benchmark to work from. Will update this weekend.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

redlite 01-27-2023 08:19 PM

I have mentioned it before. Look into Jesse "the machine" Greene on the internet and check out some of his chainsaw work. He is a fraternity brother that was a visual art major at UMD that would piss me off and wake me up all the time and we would battle learning how to do these chain saw carvings at my house ( which he did not live at) learning how to do it. He got so good had his own show on national graphic tv. He prints money doin it now. People commisiom him small fortunes to come turn cut down trees/ stumps into things.

Got Stripers 01-28-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlite (Post 1238298)
I have mentioned it before. Look into Jesse "the machine" Greene on the internet and check out some of his chainsaw work. He is a fraternity brother that was a visual art major at UMD that would piss me off and wake me up all the time and we would battle learning how to do these chain saw carvings at my house ( which he did not live at) learning how to do it. He got so good had his own show on national graphic tv. He prints money doin it now. People commisiom him small fortunes to come turn cut down trees/ stumps into things.

I’m friends with a number of professionals, so I know what they might charge, but markets differ and I was curious what the average Joe in mass or RI might pay.

Got Stripers 02-05-2023 02:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Its Patriotic carving day, finished up these two, the eagles just need a couple coats of spar urethane, pm me if anyone is interested. The eagles are carved the same basically on boat sides, would make a cool book end project for someone for something.