Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   This is insanity (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97166)

spence 01-06-2021 03:12 PM

This is insanity

Turn on the news.

scottw 01-06-2021 03:19 PM

what is insane is to listen to these reporters cackle about how violent and dangerous this is as they continue to show live footage of people just wandering around...

no smoke, no flames, no spray paint, no Molotov cocktails, no people being beaten, nobody screaming at the police or throwing things at them that I've seen...

zimmy 01-06-2021 03:19 PM

No surprise. As I said recently, be glad we have the system we have because of we didn't, this would be even worse. Breaching the capitol. At least they aren't wearing pink hats with ears .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 01-06-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1207675)
what is insane is to listen to these reporters cackle about how violent and dangerous this is as they continue to show live footage of people just wandering around...

no smoke, no flames, no spray paint, no Molotov cocktails, no people being beaten, nobody screaming at the police or throwing things at them that I've seen...

This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted, and that's a remarkable feat.

Got Stripers 01-06-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1207681)
This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted, and that's a remarkable feat.

Beyond dumb, but expected, Trump supported thugs are inside the white house and breaking into the chamber. Banana republic time was right around the corner if Trump had won the election. Where is our leader, where is the outrage that his supporters have taken over the white house, my guess is he is in the residence just enjoying the show. What the F*ck is this a movie set for a white house down sequel.

spence 01-06-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1207687)
Where is our leader, where is the outrage that his supporters have taken over the white house, my guess is he is in the residence just enjoying the show.

Exactly, Trump is loving the fact that his crazies would do something like this. Jim will probably counter with a remark about black unemployment.

scottw 01-06-2021 03:37 PM

they should refuse to leave and call it CHAZ....or CHOP....still mostly peaceful by leftist standards

Got Stripers 01-06-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1207689)
they should refuse to leave and call it CHAZ....or CHOP....still mostly peaceful by leftist standards

What no TV in your home, you are F*cking nuts if you think this is peaceful. I love the outrage about protesting over BLM, I'm guessing there will be little outrage from the right on this board to what is happening today. How do you think the world is viewing the US, when thugs and radical Trump supporters can overrun security and enter the white house and actually force their way into the chamber. We used to be the example of democracy and how at the end of a term, once an election is certified we peacefully transitioned to insure our national security. This is how fragile democracies fall and Trump has fanned the fire and now is enjoying watching it burn, he is nothing more than a domestic terrorist at this point.

scottw 01-06-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1207697)
What no TV in your home, you are F*cking nuts if you think this is peaceful. I love the outrage about protesting over BLM, I'm guessing there will be little outrage from the right on this board to what is happening today. How do you think the world is viewing the US, when thugs and radical Trump supporters can overrun security and enter the white house and actually force their way into the chamber. We used to be the example of democracy and how at the end of a term, once an election is certified we peacefully transitioned to insure our national security. This is how fragile democracies fall and Trump has fanned the fire and now is enjoying watching it burn, he is nothing more than a domestic terrorist at this point.

I see lots of people standing around.....

PaulS 01-06-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1207698)
I see lots of people standing around.....

People doing damage to the seat of our democracy and all as you have is snarky comments. Sad

Jim in CT 01-06-2021 03:48 PM

by far the worst moment of his presidency, nothing comes close, conservatives can never again say that liberals are the only ones to resort to violence when outcomes don’t go the way they want. It’s disgusting. Horrifying.

scottw 01-06-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1207687)

Trump supported thugs are inside the white house and breaking into the chamber

did trump invite them over to the white house too?

Sea Dangles 01-06-2021 04:03 PM

They would find safety in the RHAZ.

Pete F. 01-06-2021 04:07 PM

Well, Ivanka called them American Patriots

The Dad Fisherman 01-06-2021 04:12 PM

They’re in the Capitol building, not the White House

Jim in CT 01-06-2021 04:19 PM

conservatives are finally acting the way liberals have claimed they’ve been acting. and it ain’t pretty. and trump was an unbelievable jerk about it.

Pete F. 01-06-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1207713)
They’re in the Capitol building, not the White House

Only their leader, who told them to march to the Capital is in the White House.

Trumpist criminal incitement this morning:

TRUMP called for the mob to be "strong" and "fight" and said he'd go with them to the Capitol.

TRUMP'S LAWYER urged "trial by combat."

TRUMP'S SON said to Congress, "we're coming for you, and we're going to have a good time doing it."

spence 01-06-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1207716)
conservatives are finally acting the way liberals have claimed they’ve been acting. and it ain’t pretty. and trump was an unbelievable jerk about it.

These people are in no way conservatives.

Pete F. 01-06-2021 04:27 PM

Watching the Trump cult you really understand the Waco and Jonestown phenomena a lot better.

scottw 01-06-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1207723)
Watching the Trump cult you really understand the Waco and Jonestown phenomena a lot better.

Ouch. Those didn’t end well

Pete F. 01-06-2021 04:38 PM

A source close to the White House who is in touch with some of the rioters at the Capitol said it's the goal of those involved to stay inside the Capitol through the night.

How and why is someone close to the WH familiar enough with the rioters to be “in touch with them”? That tells me this is a coordinated effort. That’s called conspiracy.

Jim in CT 01-06-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1207720)
These people are in no way conservatives.

i think a lot of them think they are.

i didn’t think the last days would be like this. i couldn’t have been more wrong.

i don’t see how a republican gets elected outside of a real right wing state for a long time. all
the democrats need to do is hang onto large scale mail in voting, and/or give voting rights to non citizens, and poof, that’s it.

scottw 01-06-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1207729)

i don’t see how a republican gets elected outside of a real right wing state for a long time. all
the democrats need to do is hang onto large scale mail in voting, and/or give voting rights to non citizens, and poof, that’s it.

Yup. They can make up all the votes they need

Got Stripers 01-06-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1207729)
i think a lot of them think they are.

i didn’t think the last days would be like this. i couldn’t have been more wrong.

The republicans running against Trump in 2016 warned the party what Trump was and Trump's legacy won't be (sorry SD) that he is the greatest president of all time, it will be the he single handedly brought the republican party to it's demise.

scottw 01-06-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1207727)
A source close to the White House who is in touch with some of the rioters at the Capitol said it's the goal of those involved to stay inside the Capitol through the night.

How and why is someone close to the WH familiar enough with the rioters to be “in touch with them”? That tells me this is a coordinated effort. That’s called conspiracy.

Sounds like you have some sleuthing to do

Pete F. 01-06-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1207727)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1207733)
Sounds like you have some sleuthing to do

Don't worry, the DOJ has people who do sleuthing.

Lisa Monaco will be Deputy AG and has plenty of prosecution experience, probably bring back Andrew Weissman to help.
They won't be as nice as Mueller

This administration will set records for indictments.

scottw 01-06-2021 05:10 PM

Looks like everyone is heading for cracker barrel

Jim in CT 01-06-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1207732)
The republicans running against Trump in 2016 warned the party what Trump was and Trump's legacy won't be (sorry SD) that he is the greatest president of all time, it will be the he single handedly brought the republican party to it's demise.

before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).

scottw 01-06-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1207748)
before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).

look on the bright side...when the democrats have power they lose their minds and go WAYYY too far...that will happen...should be entertaining and provide lot's of material

Jim in CT 01-06-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1207751)
look on the bright side...when the democrats have power they lose their minds and go WAYYY too far...that will happen...should be entertaining and provide lot's of material

that’s typically true. but if they give voting rights to non citizens, there’s no such thing as going too far, because jen you’ve shifted the electorate to the left. it’s not something obama would have done. i can’t see why they wouldn’t do it now. nor can i see the way to overcome that, combined with the media.