Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Mitt Romney (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=45265)

spence 11-28-2007 10:31 PM

Mitt Romney

I used to sort of like the guy...

But his performance in tonights debate made me loose all faith.

What a wuss.

-spence

luds 11-28-2007 10:44 PM

He was on Charlie Moor. Nuff said. Don't ask me how I know that. :uhoh:

FishHawk 11-29-2007 07:27 AM

He's trying to look like Bush Lite.

He's a flip flopper if ever there was one. He's figured out what issues to be real conservative on just like Bush so he can get in the White House. It won't work . People can see through that . MaCain was a ok until got the party message and approved of everything Bush has done . I liked him better when he was his own man and stood up to Bush. FishHawk

RIROCKHOUND 11-29-2007 08:20 AM

Mitt blew it last night... too bad nobody actually watches the debate or he'd really be screwed... He looked like a retard humping a doorknob trying to back-peddle on the gays in the military question....

McCain was my favorite R (which is like saying my favorite sadomasochist dentist to go see for a cleaning) but he would have been my pick over Kerry last time around if he had gotten the nod over GWB... of course since then he has decided to pander to the religious right, and I lost a lot of respect for him...

spence 11-29-2007 08:44 AM

I was for gays in the military when we were at peace, but it's different that we're at war.

Like WTF???

-spence

Bronko 11-29-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 543611)
I was for gays in the military when we were at peace, but it's different that we're at war.

Like WTF???

-spence

Hillary must have been busy, otherwise she could have asked it. Little egg on the face of the CNN folk this morning?:lasso:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7085.html

spence 11-29-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 543615)
Hillary must have been busy, otherwise she could have asked it. Little egg on the face of the CNN folk this morning?:lasso:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7085.html

I don't know why people are making such a fuss over these potential "plants" in the debates. Unless it's just another angle to bash Clinton cause they're so scared to run against her :hee:

They are asking really good questions...

-spence

fishpoopoo 11-29-2007 09:39 AM

never liked Mitt Romney. never stood for anything. says one thing, track record says another altogether.

if he had balls and acted like a real mormon, more people would like him.

i liked that Rudy got booed last night too.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...ef=videosearch

:hihi:

Bronko 11-29-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 543616)
I don't know why people are making such a fuss over these potential "plants" in the debates. Unless it's just another angle to bash Clinton cause they're so scared to run against her :hee:

They are asking really good questions...

-spence

She is such a despicable human being. How does she keep her balls in her panties?

This was the little ditty her "agents" leaked last week when Hussein Obama made a surge in the polls.

Hillary vs. Obama
by Robert Novak
Posted: 11/17/2007

Agents of Sen. Hillary Clinton are spreading the word in Democratic circles that she has scandalous information about her principal opponent for the party's presidential nomination, Sen. Barack Obama, but has decided not to use it. The nature of the alleged scandal was not disclosed.

This word-of-mouth among Democrats makes Obama look vulnerable and Clinton look prudent. It comes during a dip for the front-running Clinton after she refused to take a stand on New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer's now discarded plan to give driver's licenses to illegal aliens.

Experienced Democratic political operatives believe Clinton wants to avoid a repetition of 2004, when attacks on each other by presidential candidates Howard Dean and Richard Gephardt were mutually destructive and facilitated John Kerry's nomination.

spence 11-29-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 543638)
She is such a despicable human being. How does she keep her balls in her panties?

This was the little ditty her "agents" leaked last week when Hussein Obama made a surge in the polls.

Hillary vs. Obama
by Robert Novak
Posted: 11/17/2007

Agents of Sen. Hillary Clinton are spreading the word in Democratic circles that she has scandalous information about her principal opponent for the party's presidential nomination, Sen. Barack Obama, but has decided not to use it. The nature of the alleged scandal was not disclosed.

This word-of-mouth among Democrats makes Obama look vulnerable and Clinton look prudent. It comes during a dip for the front-running Clinton after she refused to take a stand on New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer's now discarded plan to give driver's licenses to illegal aliens.

Experienced Democratic political operatives believe Clinton wants to avoid a repetition of 2004, when attacks on each other by presidential candidates Howard Dean and Richard Gephardt were mutually destructive and facilitated John Kerry's nomination.

Wow, so it's ok for the GOP to swiftboat any number of Democratic and even Republican candidates, but when Hillary plays hardball you find it objectionable?

I'd think you'd admire this about her.

Oh, and I find your intentional use of "Hussein" more than a bit redneck. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if our next President was a white male named John, George or Bill...like pretty much all of them were :wave:

-spence

stripersnipr 11-29-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 543639)
Oh, and I find your intentional use of "Hussein" more than a bit redneck. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if our next President was a white male named John, George or Bill...like pretty much all of them were :wave:

-spence

Using the mans full name is "Redneck"? Are his first and last name off-limits too? Would Candidate X be within proper limits? You really need to keep us up on proper PC etiquette so we dont offend and be subject to name calling. (Bold print was in no way meant to offend anyone who is sensitive to it.)

stripersnipr 11-29-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Wow, so it's ok for the GOP to swiftboat any number of Democratic and even Republican candidates, but when Hillary plays hardball you find it objectionable?

-spence

Seeing that you're tossing the "Swiftboat" term around loosely, any idea why nobody has collected T. Boone Pickins one million dollar reward to anyone who can disprove a single fact in his book?

RIJIMMY 11-29-2007 11:38 AM

I am a fan of the businessman for president concept and was sort of interested in Mitt althogh I canno name one thing he did for Mass. I did not watch the debate and havent heard any commentary other than your posts above.

Spence and Bryan, good for you guys watching the debate. At least you are open minded.

RIROCKHOUND 11-29-2007 11:43 AM

Always open minded, thats why I;m not a republican :D:D:D

Bronko 11-29-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

I'd think you'd admire this about her.

-spence

You have officially lost your mind good sir. "Redneck" would be if I made a name up or called him some "typical" islamo-facist sounding name in order to attempt to degrade him..... I am merely calling him by his God/Allah given name. Similiar to Walker Bush or Jefferson Clinton.

spence 11-29-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 543657)
You have officially lost your mind good sir. "Redneck" would be if I made a name up or called him some "typical" islamo-facist sounding name in order to attempt to degrade him..... I am merely calling him by his God/Allah given name. Similiar to Walker Bush or Jefferson Clinton.

Nah, it's your emphasis that gets you.

You probably don't even know you're doing it :lasso:

-spence

Swimmer 11-29-2007 12:19 PM

There is only one reason why a republican is allowed to become governor in Massachusetts. So the democrats, namely speaker of the house, currently Dimasi (sic), used to be Finneran ( the convicted felon now) can keep actually running the commonwealth. Does anyone actually think in Massachusetts a republican governor would be allowed to accomplish anything meaningful. A democratic governor is a threat to the leadership, because he might actually garner support behind a bill that the leadership isn't backing.

spence 11-29-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 543646)
Seeing that you're tossing the "Swiftboat" term around loosely, any idea why nobody has collected T. Boone Pickins one million dollar reward to anyone who can disprove a single fact in his book?

Because it's a stupid publicity stunt.

Same old #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney tactic of saying anything you want, then claiming it must be true because nobody has disproven it.

What a crock.

-spence

stripersnipr 11-29-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 543664)
Because it's a stupid publicity stunt.

Same old #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney tactic of saying anything you want, then claiming it must be true because nobody has disproven it.

What a crock.

-spence

You mean there's not a single person, who'd be willing to become party to "a stupid publicity stunt" for a million bucks?. I bet there is.......if it was possible.

spence 11-29-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 543666)
You mean there's not a single person, who'd be willing to become party to "a stupid publicity stunt" for a million bucks?. I bet there is.......if it was possible.

Didn't John Kerry himself offer to drop the gloves and it was Pickens who cried foul?

Good Lord, could some of the SwiftVet accusations actually not be true!

Have you been living a fantasy lie for the past 3 years?

What will you do?

-spence

stripersnipr 11-29-2007 12:38 PM

Last I heard on the matter Kerry was vowing to disprove the alleged facts and donate the million to charity. That would send a clear, effective message to the doubters and be an honorable thing to do. What's taking him?

stripersnipr 11-29-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 543669)
Didn't John Kerry himself offer to drop the gloves and it was Pickens who cried foul?

Good Lord, could some of the SwiftVet accusations actually not be true!

Have you been living a fantasy lie for the past 3 years?

What will you do?

-spence

Yes I think some of the accusations may be false, just waiting for someone to seize the opportunity given them to prove them false. If you hjold the position that some of the accusations are false you are also conceeding some are true. Good for you, you're coming around!

spence 11-29-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 543670)
Last I heard on the matter Kerry was vowing to disprove the alleged facts and donate the million to charity. That would send a clear, effective message to the doubters and be an honorable thing to do. What's taking him?

Yes, and Pickens responded by instantly trying to change the scope of his initial offer. What a (filthy rich) looser...

I think Kerry has certainly left himself open to critics on his Vietnam record, but the smear campaign against him is a disgusting insult to everyone who fought in Vietnam.

Haven't multiple reviews of his medals by even the military shown his story is consistent?

Don't all but one of his surviving crewmates support the view he deserved them?

Simply pathetic.

-spence

fishpoopoo 11-29-2007 01:10 PM

who cares.

john kerry is a communist phaggot any way you slice it. :hee:

stripersnipr 11-29-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 543672)
I think Kerry has certainly left himself open to critics on his Vietnam record, but the smear campaign against him is a disgusting insult to everyone who fought in Vietnam.

-spence

I know very many Vietnam vets who think the smearing of Kerry was just even before the Swiftboat allegations. And none of them are insulted in the slightest.

spence 11-29-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 543679)
I know very many Vietnam vets who think the smearing of Kerry was just even before the Swiftboat allegations. And none of them are insulted in the slightest.

That's not the point.

-spence

RIJIMMY 11-29-2007 03:39 PM

focus on the future, lets not open that can of worms again.

spence 11-29-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 543692)
focus on the future, lets not open that can of worms again.

Yea, but it was just in the news the other day :hee:

-spence