Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   NJ Tackle Kits (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=81337)

Moses 03-04-2013 09:09 PM

NJ Tackle Kits

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone looking to get into plug building?

8 Swimmer kits - $0 - FREE!!!

Pick up or meet somewhere convenient for me

fcap60 03-04-2013 09:26 PM

Sure. I've always wanted to try it. thanks
I'll pay for shipping if we can't meet up.

Moses 03-04-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcap60 (Post 987588)
Sure. I've always wanted to try it. thanks
I'll pay for shipping if we can't meet up.

PM me your name & address

chefchris401 03-04-2013 09:39 PM

Great deal right there!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Diamond Tackle 03-04-2013 11:15 PM

Can you kindly check your PM and get back to me...

I am curious, because those do not look like my kits.. The picture is small ,but they do not look like any of the bodies I ever turned..

There was a merchant on EBAY who was selling his own KITS, and stating made with "njtackle" components, but those were his bodies and his kits..
Can you kindly tell me when and where these were purchased , or a larger picture..?

They could be MAKATI KITS... with NJTACKLE components , certainly possible?

thank you

John D
Diamond tackle
NJ Tackle Co.. LLC

fcap60 03-05-2013 07:24 AM

PM sent.
Kindly send me your address and I'll send you a check.
Thanks agian for doing this

pbadad 03-05-2013 08:02 AM

Nice take Frank. Learning a new "hobby"?

Moses 03-05-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond Tackle (Post 987597)
Can you kindly check your PM and get back to me...

I am curious, because those do not look like my kits.. The picture is small ,but they do not look like any of the bodies I ever turned..

There was a merchant on EBAY who was selling his own KITS, and stating made with "njtackle" components, but those were his bodies and his kits..
Can you kindly tell me when and where these were purchased , or a larger picture..?

They could be MAKATI KITS... with NJTACKLE components , certainly possible?

thank you

John D
Diamond tackle
NJ Tackle Co.. LLC

Sorry if you took offense to this posting. These kits are old, like 2004-2005 old. When I joined this site I also got into plug building a little. I purchased kits from NJT and also from Stamina. Have a lot leftover because I've lost interest. The blanks/kits are fine (not unhappy with quality at all), simply want to pass along to someone who has an interest.

The kits I'm posting are also ones I posted years ago in this thread (1st picture).
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...1st-batch.html

Moses 03-05-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcap60 (Post 987607)
PM sent.
Kindly send me your address and I'll send you a check.
Thanks agian for doing this

I'll send out in the next few days.

The Dad Fisherman 03-05-2013 09:08 AM

Those look like the ones I got Way back when I first started. I got those from NJTackle as well.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...-swimmers.html

Diamond Tackle 03-05-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 987614)
Sorry if you took offense to this posting. These kits are old, like 2004-2005 old. When I joined this site I also got into plug building a little. I purchased kits from NJT and also from Stamina. Have a lot leftover because I've lost interest. The blanks/kits are fine (not unhappy with quality at all), simply want to pass along to someone who has an interest.

The kits I'm posting are also ones I posted years ago in this thread (1st picture).
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...1st-batch.html

NO offense whatsoever taken.. Those ARE in fact the First generation kits which were Makati Blanks, with the NJT components, we sold them at the shows and on the site.. In fact we marketed them for Kids & beginners to work with. There were a couple BLEMS here and there. I wanted to see firstly if they were ours. and if so, you CAN return anything you buy from NJT for a credit or a gift cert. Anything we sell has a lifetime warranty.. but thats up to you certainly. As a gift to a fellow fisherman thats a very nice gesture.
After these blanks were all gone, we turned them ourselves..and those were all field tested etc. The quality on those was much stricter, esp for example our Torpedo Swimmers, Dannys, and the Pikies which we are re introducing very soon + many more.
Thanks for posting this, you brought back some great memories.

Good fishing to you..
JD

NJTackle 03-05-2013 12:20 PM

I think John is just getting old and starting to forget what he works on. :laugha:

Very nice gesture on your part Moses. Hope the new owner enjoys building them and posts some pics when he is done.

fcap60 03-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbadad (Post 987609)
Nice take Frank. Learning a new "hobby"?

Billy:

I'm going to need your help with these b/c I'm helpless with tools and even worse with a spray can. I'll post photos when done, but don't be scared and curse at me when you see them.

The Dad Fisherman 03-05-2013 12:42 PM

They say the Mind is the second thing to go....:hihi:

Jackbass 03-05-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 987650)
They say the Mind is the second thing to go....:hihi:

It just got personal :-)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

pbadad 03-05-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcap60 (Post 987649)
Billy:

I'm going to need your help with these b/c I'm helpless with tools and even worse with a spray can. I'll post photos when done, but don't be scared and curse at me when you see them.

I will gladly guide your hands!!

fcap60 03-09-2013 05:03 PM

box arrived. Thank you moses for the generous offer. When I get these finished, I'll take photos.

Moses 03-09-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcap60 (Post 988248)
box arrived. Thank you moses for the generous offer. When I get these finished, I'll take photos.

Excellent, enjoy!