Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   GOP Debate (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=73209)

spence 09-07-2011 07:25 PM

GOP Debate

Isn't that bad. I think because they're not giving Bachmann and Paul much airtime.

-spence

spence 09-07-2011 07:56 PM

Debate analysis so far:

Romney is doing well.

Perry is a bit rough, but getting into the groove.

Huntsman has made some good remarks.

The pizza guy is trying too hard.

Are Newt and Santorum in the room?

Bachmann has WAY too much hairspray in her hair.

-spence

spence 09-07-2011 08:00 PM

Great thread :btu:

Update: Newt says we're all going to die.

-spence

Nebe 09-07-2011 08:04 PM

im sorry, WHO are you talking about? I have never heard of any of these people.

JohnnyD 09-07-2011 09:30 PM

If we want to truly induce change into this country, then Paul is the best choice. He's the furthest thing from "more of the same" than any other candidate.

JohnR 09-08-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 885609)
If we want to truly induce change into this country, then Paul is the best choice. He's the furthest thing from "more of the same" than any other candidate.

That, and oh he is an isolationist crackpot that would add 10% unemployment to the rolls. If that is the goal then we might as well keep Obama.

I would love to see someone mix up some of his ideas (Paul's) with someone electable.

JohnnyD 09-08-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 885585)
Perry is a bit rough, but getting into the groove.

Here's a great article laying out what to expect with Perry:
Charles Dameron: Rick Perry's Crony Capitalism Problem - WSJ.com

The damn guy is worse and more blatant than Cheney when it comes to dishing out money to friends.

fishbones 09-08-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 885609)

So you're saying you're looking for "change"?

Where have I heard that before? It sounds vaguely familiar to me.

The Dad Fisherman 09-08-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 885642)
with someone electable.

Better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa....or Atlantis

JohnnyD 09-13-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 885715)
So you're saying you're looking for "change"?

Where have I heard that before? It sounds vaguely familiar to me.

Sorry about the late reply, camped far up into Maine all weekend....

Using "Change" as a slogan by a candidate that worked in a system of business-as-usual is different than a candidate that has consistently gone against the Good Ol' Boys and isn't afraid to ruffle some feathers.

I like a lot of what Paul has *consistently* stood behind, but I also don't like a lot his other opinions. I'd consider his election as something similar to cleaning out your closet... the room's going to get a bit messier but in the end, things might actually get sorted out in there.

Or, I can twist your words the same way you choose a single word in my post to twist... Apparently you see change as a bad thing, don't want things to be different and are happy with the way the political environment exists.

fishbones 09-13-2011 12:56 PM

I didn't twist anything. You're statement revolved around that one word. Besides, it was a jab at the current POTUS's popular buzzword during the last campaign. Maybe you left your sense of humor in Maine?

Paul is probably one of the brightest candidates, but he'll never be elected because he doesn't look or act the part.

striperman36 09-13-2011 01:13 PM

Perry has executed more people than any oother tx gov 234
- Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 09-13-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 886843)
Perry has executed more people than any oother tx gov 234

I bet that total is lower than the total of the ones that were killed by those 234.....