Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   1 week to voting Poll (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=52744)

UserRemoved1 10-28-2008 06:39 PM

1 week to voting Poll

Who you voting for now 1 week away. Curious if anything has changed your mind in the last week.

UserRemoved1 10-29-2008 04:17 AM

wow still neck and neck at 4 apiece.

PaulS 10-29-2008 07:01 AM

Nothing has changed for me. What surprised me is after hearing McCain previously say how he would never run a dirty campaign it is sad to see how far a man I thought was honorable has fallen.

RIJIMMY 10-29-2008 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 632920)
Nothing has changed for me. What surprised me is after hearing McCain previously say how he would never run a dirty campaign it is sad to see how far a man I thought was honorable has fallen.

just curious how that makes you feel about Obama who said the same thing? I can post the non-partisan analysis that details that Obamas adds are also negative. ALso how about how Obama promised not to take public financing for his campaign? Do you have a problem with him not keeping a promise before he is even elected?

The Dad Fisherman 10-29-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 632932)
ALso how about how Obama promised not to take public financing for his campaign? Do you have a problem with him not keeping a promise before he is even elected?

"That's Washington doublespeak," McCain responded. "I committed to public financing. He committed to public financing. It's not any more complicated than that. I'll keep my word, and I want him to keep his."

The Dad Fisherman 10-29-2008 08:02 AM

From the Wall Street Journal

"Throughout the entire campaign from June 4 to Oct. 4, 47% of McCain’s ads have been negative, 26% were positive and 27% were a mix. For Obama, the mix has been 35% negative, 39% positive and 25% mixed."

PaulS 10-29-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 632932)
just curious how that makes you feel about Obama who said the same thing? I can post the non-partisan analysis that details that Obamas adds are also negative. ALso how about how Obama promised not to take public financing for his campaign? Do you have a problem with him not keeping a promise before he is even elected?

Every add I see for McCain is negative and about Obama. I don't see that in as many Obama ads and many of the ones I do are rebutals. I have seen non-partisians articles which state Mccain's add are far more neg. than Obamas.

BigFish 10-29-2008 10:00 AM

So you are basing your vote on who has the least amount of negativity in their ads about the other party???:jester: Don't matter who you vote for anyway...the electorals are going to choose the winner...stay home and bake bread!

Fishpart 10-29-2008 10:09 AM

Obama doesn't need to write his own negative ads. The Liberal Media is doing all his negative campaigning for him....

slapshot 10-29-2008 07:28 PM

Looks like the plug has been pulled on Acorn.

JohnR 10-31-2008 02:36 PM

Neck and Neck

UserRemoved1 11-01-2008 06:06 AM

Not anymore it's not John :cheers: 15/22/1/0

Weewee got a vote :jester:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 633785)
Neck and Neck

boot man 11-01-2008 06:28 AM

Am I getting old and forgetful, or is this the most negative campaign you've ever seen? (from both sides).

Nebe 11-01-2008 07:55 AM

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

UserRemoved1 11-01-2008 05:02 PM

43 people voted here. If they're voting the same as what they're going to do in the booth then this poll doesn't make sense. MORE than 1/2 here voted for McCain.

All of the polls show this completely different.

BigFish 11-01-2008 05:05 PM

I think McCain is going to win by a narrow margin despite what the polls show!:cheers2:

Bronko 11-01-2008 06:07 PM

Democrats win polls. Republicans win elections.

slapshot 11-01-2008 06:26 PM

If McCain wins, and I am starting to believe he will, I will never pay any heed to a poll ever again. Kerry and Algore were supposed to win, according to the polls.

I was listening to an interview on the way to work on Friday. IT was on one of the Sirius conservative talk shows. Tuned in late, and missed who was being interviewed but he was saying that the polls heavily favor calls to registered democrats. Based on the interview, it seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I guess we'll know Wednesday morning.

Bill L 11-02-2008 08:16 AM

Looks like the Mickey Mouse contingency has shifted over to McPain :laugha:

spence 11-02-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot (Post 634071)
Tuned in late, and missed who was being interviewed but he was saying that the polls heavily favor calls to registered democrats.

Of course they do, Obama is still in the lead.

-spence

Joe 11-02-2008 08:50 AM

Sportsmen are republicans for the most part mainly because of gun rights and the demographic consisting of middle-aged white men. In other words, S-B is not a representation of society - its a representation of sportsmen.
The only poll that matters is the line in Vegas - if someone is willing to take a bet to the contrary, then they truly believe. Obama's been almost 2-1 since the clinching the nomination.

Bronko 11-02-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 634147)
Sportsmen are republicans for the most part mainly because of gun rights and the demographic consisting of middle-aged white men. In other words, S-B is not a representation of society - its a representation of sportsmen.
The only poll that matters is the line in Vegas - if someone is willing to take a bet to the contrary, then they truly believe. Obama's been almost 2-1 since the clinching the nomination.

lol... nice reach.

spence 11-02-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 634155)
lol... nice reach.

Pretty accurate if you ask me. Not complete though, there certainly are libertarian elements to sportsmen that reflect better in traditional conservative thinking...

...that we haven't seen from the GOP in quite some time.

-spence

BigFish 11-02-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot (Post 634071)
If McCain wins, and I am starting to believe he will, I will never pay any heed to a poll ever again. Kerry and Algore were supposed to win, according to the polls.

I was listening to an interview on the way to work on Friday. IT was on one of the Sirius conservative talk shows. Tuned in late, and missed who was being interviewed but he was saying that the polls heavily favor calls to registered democrats. Based on the interview, it seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I guess we'll know Wednesday morning.

Al Gore did win the election!!! He won the vote of the people.....the popular vote! The electorals put Bush in office!!:bs:

Bronko 11-02-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 634163)
Pretty accurate if you ask me. Not complete though, there certainly are libertarian elements to sportsmen that reflect better in traditional conservative thinking...

...that we haven't seen from the GOP in quite some time.

-spence

Thats fine if it makes you feel better.