Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Plugfest 2011 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=67411)

Slipknot 11-17-2010 02:06 PM

Plugfest 2011

Well it's time again to plan for another plugfest, where does the time go?
I have decided that I will take it upon myself to set the date for this event this time. So change your schedules accordingly since we are giving plenty of notice here. All you plug builders out there will have plenty of time to get things done.

Plugfest 2011 will be on Sat. Feb. 19th!
at the same place as last year
Fraternal Order of Eagles Hall 39 Cohassett Ave Buzzards Bay, Mass.

I still need to put down the deposit for the hall, but it has been penciled in for that date.

Same weekend as last years, so hopefully it won't interfere with any other big fishing events.

One thing that will be different this year, ALL entries to the plug contest will need to be mailed to me before the plugfest. We can't handle the huge amount of organizing it takes to sort thru all the entries and number them on that day, I will need to do that ahead of time. Sorry for any inconvenience , but that is how it needs to be. We try to keep it simple. I will have a thread later on about the contest with all details. So get your entries done ahead of time enough to get them to me. Thanks and good luck.

See you all there
I can't wait

The Dad Fisherman 11-17-2010 02:25 PM

:happy:

Rockfish9 11-17-2010 02:58 PM

Awesome.. Nancy is has been buggging me asking when Plugfest is.... this will be news to her ears!

tysdad115 11-17-2010 04:48 PM

Good news!

iamskippy 11-17-2010 05:33 PM

lovin it
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer 11-18-2010 10:51 AM

Bruce if I can help out let me know.

johnny ducketts 11-18-2010 02:15 PM

:) :) :)

vineyardblues 11-18-2010 02:29 PM

Nice Job Slip, I am sure the SB hang-over after the Pats win will be gone by that date :rotf2:

Great location AGAIN , Kudo's go out to you my friend ! :uhuh:

VB

Jackbass 11-18-2010 03:11 PM

What are the plug contest guidelines? What are the plugs judged on?

BIG TIM 11-19-2010 10:52 AM

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Slipknot 11-19-2010 12:08 PM

Thanks Peter(VB)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbass (Post 811813)
What are the plug contest guidelines? What are the plugs judged on?

there will be a thread about it later on but look at last years threads for an idea of what it's about.

we have a classic category and usually that will be judged by a panel of qualified judges.
then there is a rookie category, best of show,and a couple others and all who attend get to vote on those.

Backbeach Jake 11-19-2010 06:56 PM

Thanks, Slip! Plugfest has become one of my favorite events of the year, Thank-you for all the hard work.

seabuggy 11-19-2010 08:30 PM

Last year was my first. I didn't know what to expect. Plugfest exceeded my wildest expectations. I can't wait for this year.

Slipknot 11-22-2010 08:59 AM

OK, we're all set for that date.
we'll have the hall from 8 to 3:30

I have a question for everyone.
The Eagles can have hamburgers ,cheeseburgers and hot dogs available in the kitchen cheap to go along with any food items we bring.We have to pay for use of the kitchen anyway. I think it's a great idea so all the responsiblity won't be on just a few helpers to get food ready and not everyone will have to bring food, just show up. We can still warm up dishes and bring desserts and drinks.

Sound good?

Swimmer 11-22-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 812572)

The Eagles can have hamburgers ,cheeseburgers and hot dogs available in the kitchen cheap to go along with any food items we bring.We have to pay for use of the kitchen anyway. I think it's a great idea so all the responsiblity won't be on just a few helpers to get food ready and not everyone will have to bring food, just show up. We can still warm up dishes and bring desserts and drinks.

Sound good?

yes

eastendlu 11-22-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Sound good?

+1

seabuggy 11-22-2010 11:29 AM

Sounds good to me!!

Charleston 11-22-2010 12:45 PM

Dogs, burgers and plugs!..........ROAD TRIP!

JohnR 11-22-2010 12:48 PM

What? No manning the kitchen or 3 hours of checking in lunchbags? No people trying to peak in and see the competition advance?

YES!!!!

;)

Thanks Slip :btu:

tysdad115 11-22-2010 02:20 PM

I'll help out in the kitchen if needed. Thanks Slip

benjiwhite 11-23-2010 08:03 AM

I'm all the way in NC and love to make my own plugs, this board has been a great help. Anybody willing to send me some pics from the plugfest and pics of your lures would be appreciated as I just can't make the trip. My email is
bwhite7@nc.rr.com
thanks!
Benji

Johnny 11-23-2010 06:38 PM

new to Plugfest

can some one tell me about plugfest? Is it only for builders? Are there new and used plugs for sale? I've been reading SB all day, printed out 40 pages of fishen stuff to take with me on the Thanksgiven trip so I have a good read while I avoid people who don't fish. Plugfest?

Backbeach Jake 11-23-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Sound good?

Very good. A coupla guys spent PlugFest warming and cooking chow and missed a lot last year.

Slipknot 11-23-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 812981)
can some one tell me about plugfest? Is it only for builders? Are there new and used plugs for sale? I've been reading SB all day, printed out 40 pages of fishen stuff to take with me on the Thanksgiven trip so I have a good read while I avoid people who don't fish. Plugfest?

We have done a get together every year since 2001.
do a search of plugfest on this forum, look at all the old threads about it and you'll have a book worth to print out.

iamskippy 11-23-2010 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 812638)
I'll help out in the kitchen if needed. Thanks Slip

Im a fat guy i can cook it comes natural, i will help out as well, and if you need someone to ring a dinner bell let me know, i have experience ... SEE THE PROOF BELOW - Andys son and me, ringing the breakfast bell after a night of fishing.

Tagger 11-23-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

The Eagles can have hamburgers ,cheeseburgers and hot dogs available in the kitchen cheap to go along with any food items we bring.

That sounds great ..

UserRemoved1 11-24-2010 05:11 AM

Bring lots of cash. If they're not selling inside they will be outside.

Plugfest was never about selling %$%$%$%$.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny (Post 812981)

iamskippy 11-24-2010 09:07 AM

oh the black market of plugs ? trunk special and under the table deals ?

this will be my first year so im trying to get a idea of what to expect.

Rockfish9 11-24-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Sound good?

sounds good... Nancy has offered to help in the kitchen...

Jackbass 11-24-2010 05:08 PM

I would like to attend this year and bring some plugs. I will be solo, My wife would rather have her eye lids tattooed than hang out with more people like me all day long.